Proposal: 2014-15 Season Trade Rumours/Proposals thread vol. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBush*

Also doubt Smith is being brought up in trade talks unless its a bigger trade involving 2-3 players from each side

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Kane is an unrealistic trade target. The Jets are in the playoff race this season, and he represents one of the few scoring threats on a low scoring team. When he was out with an injury early on the Jets lost pretty much all of their games.

Methot will be back in the next week or so, give or take, which means any trade will either be a dump with a pick coming back, or a legit hockey trade. I can see Wiercioch getting shipped out for a pick, Smith being moved for a so-so prospect, or Condra moved out for a pick. Greening could be moved if a bad contract is coming back.

The big question, of course, is not so much who to trade (there is general agreement here), but how to make a move that frees up a roster spot for Methot. In other words, our trade partners are limited to teams who are willing to use up one of their free roster spots on one of the players we are willing to give up. That is beyond tricky.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
if foligno makes it to free agency, what would you offer?

horton and dubinsky, two gritty scoring players will make 5.3 and 5.85 next year. would you offer 5.5 for him?

FORWARDS
Clarke MacArthur ($4.650m) / Kyle Turris ($3.500m) / Bobby Ryan ($7.250m)
Nick Foligno ($5.500m) / Mika Zibanejad ($2.250m) / Alex Chiasson ($2.500m)
Mike Hoffman ($1.800m) / Curtis Lazar ($0.894m) / Mark Stone ($1.800m)
Zack Smith ($1.888m) / David Legwand ($3.000m) / Milan Michalek ($4.000m)
Chris Neil ($1.900m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Methot ($5.300m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m)
Jared Cowen ($3.100m) / Cody Ceci ($0.894m)
Mark Borowiecki ($1.100m) / Eric Gryba ($1.250m)
Chris Phillips ($2.500m) /
GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson ($4.200m)
Robin Lehner ($2.225m)

BUYOUTS
Colin Greening ($0.892m)
BONUS OVERAGE
$0
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2015-16)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,892,500; BONUSES: $835,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $107,500

zibanejad starts producing and we have three lines of players that are going to put up good numbers. chiasson is on pace for 50 points this year, stone could hit close to that next year as well. ryan is a lock to get at least 50. macarthur and foligno should both hit 50 points. turris should get it. hoffman and zibby should score around 40 points. that's a deep group, with four locks for 20+ goals, and three or four more that should get that much.

the problem with the roster is that it's near the cap, but if we make the playoffs this year, convincing melnyk to add a 50-60 point gritty winger that was in the system shouldn't be too hard.

after next season, phillips, neil, and legwand come off the books. we'll only really have to re-sign ceci to a bridge deal, re-up gryba, and maybe do something with the rfa's i signed for the armchair roster (though i wouldn't sign them any shorter than 2 years, which would make their contracts up after we need to re-sign ceci). michalek could be on the block as well, as he'd be 4 million on the fourth line. we'd have cheaper options in the minors that could effectively play those minutes.

if nick folly wants to paly here for that money, i think it's doable.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
^^cap space wise it works but i dont see us being a near cap team, unless our young guys take a giant leap forward and push us into near contender/contender status

could probably get a similar player in glencross for around 4 milion, that and trading a roster player since their is no way management makes neil the extra would make sure that we are around 5.5-6 million under the cap and that maybe more achievable

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Foligno is a product of Johansen. Johansen is unbelievable.

I'd rather target Justin Williams. With that being said, holy ***** this UFA forward groups is disgusting. Defense not bad but most will be locked up.

Brutal UFA.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Brutal UFA.

It's been that way for years. I never expect ANY UFA class to be particularly good, most teams know enough to lock their studs up before they hit the market.

I'd actually say that right now, if no one else was re-signed, it looks like a STELLAR UFA class compared to year past.

Forwards
St. Louis
Jagr
Fisher
Stafford
Vermette
J. Williams
Zuccarello
Foligno
Tlusty
Ward
Glencross
B.Richards
Soderberg

Defencemen
Staal
Ehrhoff
Green
Martin
Michalek
Oduya
Boychuk
Fransen
Petry
Methot
Sekera
McQuaid

... I mean, obviously a ton of those are going to get re-upped between now and July 1st, but as of right now, it's a damned good UFA class, compared to the last 4-5 years or so.

Last edited:

BigBush*

Soderberg would be a guy I'd want on the Sens. Huge upgrade on Legwand. Won't happen though

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Soderberg would be a guy I'd want on the Sens. Huge upgrade on Legwand. Won't happen though

He's pretty much the ideal addition to the team. A big, rangy left shooting playmaker.

We have a lot of finishers but not much in the way of guys that can create for others.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
If Methot is dealt he is worth a 1st.

Couture was mentioned and I doubt SJ would do that but I'd listen. Probably cost Zibanejad as a part of the package and I'm on the fence about that.

Methot for Toffoli (Kings are looking for D) is of interest.

Ottawa connection and a sold RW addition. Lets Chiasson play on the LW.

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Chiasson - Zibanejad - Toffoli
Hoffman - Lazar - Stone
Michalek - Smith - Condra/Neil

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

Couture was mentioned and I doubt SJ would do that but I'd listen. Probably cost Zibanejad as a part of the package and I'm on the fence about that.

Hoffman - Lazar - Stone

What idiot is giving up toffoli for methot?

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006

Hoffman - Lazar - Stone

That's definitely not happening. Who trades a 22 year old top line capable winger on an ELC who is scoring at a near PPG pace for a UFA-to-be D? Maybe if that defenceman was elite I guess it's plausible?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Man, what I wouldn't give to see Tyler Toffoli in a Senators uniform. Sadly, I can't see it - no way does Lombardi part with a young stud like this who is ridiculously cheap this year, and won't cost the Kings that much on his upcoming bridge contract either. Given the Kings' cap situation right now, they can't bring any new salary in, even at the deadline, without shipping out a bad contract like the one Richards has. Now, they'd be happy to ship us Richards for Methot, but Toffoli? Not a chance.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
That's definitely not happening. Who trades a 22 year old top line capable winger on an ELC who is scoring at a near PPG pace for a UFA-to-be D? Maybe if that defenceman was elite I guess it's plausible?

They may not be able to sign Toffoli, he will be in for a huge raise. Doesnt mean they will get rid of him but there might be hope

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
They may not be able to sign Toffoli, he will be in for a huge raise. Doesnt mean they will get rid of him but there might be hope

They will likely find a way to trade Richards first to free up the cap room. They need another defenseman as a stop gap for Voynov; with the League's cap relief provided, they need to fill a large void left on defence. Someone will jump at Richards for too much at the deadline. His resume is pretty good.

Makes Sens

Jun 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Haven't posted in quite a while but was wondering about a deal between Ottawa and Edmonton? I've been a huge fan of David Perron and he'd be a perfect fit on the leftwing as a scorer. With the emergence of Lazar would a Zibanejad and Greening for David Perron be possible? Money in and money out. This is how I'd have the lineup (plus gets the roster to 23 players):

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Perron-Legwand-Chiasson
Michalek-Smith-Neil
Hoffman-Lazar-Stone
Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Ceci
Phillips-Gryba
Borowiecki-Weircioch
Anderson
Lehner

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
The rumour specifically says for a top center. Im not trading any of our centers for Perron.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Haven't posted in quite a while but was wondering about a deal between Ottawa and Edmonton? I've been a huge fan of David Perron and he'd be a perfect fit on the leftwing as a scorer. With the emergence of Lazar would a Zibanejad and Greening for David Perron be possible? Money in and money out. This is how I'd have the lineup (plus gets the roster to 23 players):

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Perron-Legwand-Chiasson
Michalek-Smith-Neil
Hoffman-Lazar-Stone
Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Ceci
Phillips-Gryba
Borowiecki-Weircioch
Anderson
Lehner

Edm is apparently looking for a #1 center for Perron. Zibanejad isn't cutting it as our #2 according to most around here.

Methot is practicing with the team today (Phillips out, I'm guessing a maitenance day). It would be nice to have an idea of how far off he is, they'll have to make room soon.

Lazar is back in too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad