Proposal: 2014-15 Season Trade Rumours/Proposals thread vol. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Draisatl is their best center most nights. He's no Nuge long term, but I don't think he's in play from their end.

I do think we could get a conversation started on Nurse and Perron and a mid-pick if we moved Meth and Smith.

If we want Nurse we will need to add more. More like Methot Smith pick/Prospect vs Perron Nurse

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
to get nurse and perron i think it will atleast cost Anderson + Methot +pick (depending on if methot signs)

even then they are really high on nurse

That would be too much. Nurse is still just a prospect and if he turns into Meth it'd be a good pick. Edm always tries to gouge and that's why no one trades with them, and also why they stink.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Edm is super high on Nurse even if he isn't at his potential

Like how people wouldn't trade Lazar here unless it is good value

Guaranteed they will ask for a guy like Lazar/Lehner if you want Nurse or Leon

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Switching young guys doesn't help either team.

trading any of their top picks doesn't make sense for edm

Perron is the most likely to move for help elsewhere don't think methot would do it alone due to contract

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
That would be too much. Nurse is still just a prospect and if he turns into Meth it'd be a good pick. Edm always tries to gouge and that's why no one trades with them, and also why they stink.

I'm not sure it's the Oilers over-evaluating their players or other fanbases under-evaluating the Oilers players for their bad record and system. Other GMs know what kind of situation the Oilers are in and wont give up as much maybe?

Prospects have value this is not new to hockey.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Edmonton needs defence.

Ottawa needs a clear cut #1 center (and a left-handed defenceman)

Methot, Turris, Prince, Condra & 1st 2016 for Nugent-Hopkins, Gordon, Klefbom & 4th 2015.

Is this a fair deal?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Edmonton needs defence.

Ottawa needs a clear cut #1 center (and a left-handed defenceman)

Methot, Turris, Prince, Condra & 1st 2016 for Nugent-Hopkins, Gordon, Klefbom & 4th 2015.

Is this a fair deal?

Well then the Sens need a new number 2 center.

Edmonton gets two UFAs, an older downgrade at center, a B prospect and a pick for what they hope is their franchise center.

Doesn't really make much sense for either side.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
As other posters have mentioned. If its Stewart for some healthy scratch from our team (Greening, Condra) then its all gravy. I aint even concerned

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Chris Stewart is scratched tonight... I'm worried

Maybe it's because he's been really bad, and not because of a trade.

I'd probably rather him over Greening or maybe Michalek though; Nah I changed my mind... Well, we might be worth it to get them off the books, and could help if we are trying to tank for McDavid. I'm so conflicted...

side note:
Matthew Hamer @TSNHammer said:
The Connor McDavid text alert. "Playing in Ottawa would be an absolute dream come true". Share with your friends.
http://proxy.autopod.ca/podcasts/chum/1/27712/mcdavid text alert.mp3

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Greening for Stewart, I'm totally fine with that. Gets the extra 2 years of Greening off our books and clears up a main roster spot for a Pageau-type guy next year.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Nolan on the Stewart scratch

Sabres' Ted Nolan on scratching Chris Stewart: "He’s a big, powerful forward, but powerful forwards can’t be playing a soft game."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad