2014-15 Season Trade Rumours/Proposals thread vol. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
From Elliot Freidman's 30 thoughts:

3. Would the Oilers part with Martin Marincin if he could bring them someone who eases their issues down the middle?

4. Obviously, Edmonton has nothing to say about that, but here’s what I suspect the team may be thinking: Mark Fayne, Andrew Ference and Nikita Nikitin are signed for at least another season. They have a lot invested in Justin Schultz. Oscar Klefbom is ready for an extended look and Darnell Nurse could be there next year. They desperately need a centre and what they’ve offered so far isn’t getting a sniff. If Marincin could bring back value, there might be a match.

5. I’m a Marincin fan. I like what he’s done in short bursts. There are execs/scouts who disagree. One who was not a fan in his draft year said last week, “He has come a lot farther than I thought.” So, we’ll see.

If Methot's days are numbered, how about trading a center like Smith or Pageau for Marincin?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
From Elliot Freidman's 30 thoughts:

3. Would the Oilers part with Martin Marincin if he could bring them someone who eases their issues down the middle?

4. Obviously, Edmonton has nothing to say about that, but here’s what I suspect the team may be thinking: Mark Fayne, Andrew Ference and Nikita Nikitin are signed for at least another season. They have a lot invested in Justin Schultz. Oscar Klefbom is ready for an extended look and Darnell Nurse could be there next year. They desperately need a centre and what they’ve offered so far isn’t getting a sniff. If Marincin could bring back value, there might be a match.

5. I’m a Marincin fan. I like what he’s done in short bursts. There are execs/scouts who disagree. One who was not a fan in his draft year said last week, “He has come a lot farther than I thought.†So, we’ll see.

If Methot's days are numbered, how about trading a center like Smith or Pageau for Marincin?

i would do it

BigBush*

I like Marincin but no way should Ottawa give up assets for him. We already have many good young LD, including Claesson who is at or close to his level

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I would not trade Condra. He is the definition of the perfect 13th forward who can step into any line/role and not be a liability in case of an injury. He's also terrific pk and puck possession player.

IMO, 2 roster players have to leave of the following:

Greening/Michalek/Smith/Legwand

in their stead should be a legit top 3-6 forward.

Mac-Turris-Ryan
XXXX-Zibanejad-Chiasson
Hoffman-Lazar-Stone
Smith/Michalek-Smith/Legwand-Neil
Condra

That's how I see it.

We lack top end talent on offense. We need a winger who can score us points at will. Eberle/Huberdeau/Kane(not much of a point getter but his physical dominance would be welcome too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad