2014-15 Season Trade Rumours/Proposals thread vol. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Team is definitely putting things in motion for when Methot comes back.

Lots of money moving in and out apparently.

BigBush*

I could certainly see ottawa taking back a bad contract or two for Wier and Greening to free up cap space for the upcoming years (similar to what MTL did)

BigBush*

yeah im hoping we actually address a need with these rumored trades and not pick up someone redundant

well seeing how the rumoured players on the block are greening and Weircioch i wouldn't get your hopes up

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
well seeing how the rumoured players on the block are greening and Weircioch i wouldn't get your hopes up

see heres the thing, if we pick up something valuable like a 2 for 1 deal i dont mind, if we trade them for picks or specs

i dont however want us to trade greening and weircioch for slightly different versions of greening and weircioch

BigBush*

see heres the thing, if we pick up something valuable like a 2 for 1 deal i dont mind, if we trade them for picks or specs

i dont however want us to trade greening and weircioch for slightly different versions of greening and weircioch

Im expecting one or both of these guys to be traded for late draft picks or similar/slightly worse versions of these guys who's contracts end this year

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
If they had an out for Greening ready or just about ready to go, he would not have played on Thursday.

It's probably Wiercioch and/or Condra. Maybe Smith with him not being able to transition to wing.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Team is definitely putting things in motion for when Methot comes back.

Lots of money moving in and out apparently.

Is this guy legit? Do not mean to be disrespectful but what has he called? Is he backdoorpass 2.0?

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
Is this guy legit? Do not mean to be disrespectful but what has he called? Is he backdoorpass 2.0?

From what I can remember correctly, he called about 3-4 of the late summer signings (Augustish) this season with near certainty. Buddy on the inside is a number-cruncher for the Sens.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
From what I can remember correctly, he called about 3-4 of the late summer signings (Augustish) this season with near certainty. Buddy on the inside is a number-cruncher for the Sens.

Thanks. And I really hope we don't move Wiercoich just cause. I like the 8 D we have and wouldnt want to move one out unless we got something to return.

And apparently Heatley is being ran out of Anaheim. How would you guys react to a Heatley for Greening trade?

BigBush*

Thanks. And I really hope we don't move Wiercoich just cause. I like the 8 D we have and wouldnt want to move one out unless we got something to return.

And apparently Heatley is being ran out of Anaheim. How would you guys react to a Heatley for Greening trade?

that'd be great, pay him 1 mill to be a healthy scratch for the season instead of paying Greening 2.65 to be a healthy scratch for 3 seasons

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
that'd be great, pay him 1 mill to be a healthy scratch for the season instead of paying Greening 2.65 to be a healthy scratch for 3 seasons

Greening is not near as useless as people say. He is not worth his contract, but can still play in this league

BigBush*

Greening is not near as useless as people say. He is not worth his contract, but can still play in this league

i agree, i don't think he's useless, think he's and NHL player and would fit in with some teams. but when the teams is healthy he sits in the press box. For a budget team (or any team for that matter), thats not good if he's getting paid 2.65 mill

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
i agree, i don't think he's useless, think he's and NHL player and would fit in with some teams. but when the teams is healthy he sits in the press box. For a budget team (or any team for that matter), thats not good if he's getting paid 2.65 mill

He would play on alot of other teams right now, independent of how you analyze his salary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino