2014-15 Season Trade Rumours/Proposals thread vol. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Lmao, I burst into laughter. More like one of our weakest.

Bryan Murray disagreed with you in his pre-season interview. He gets up ice quickly and pressures the play.

I'm hardly even defending the guy, but you should realize that maybe, just maybe, there are aspects to his game that youre not picking up on.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
this season i would argue that he is barely better, bourque has 2 points this season and was given consistent top 6 minutes in montreal

Bourque is better than Greening. history makes a diffence. Look at last years playoffs and Bourque was one if not the best Habs forward. He's a clutch playoff performer and is a big guy who can score. Plus Bourque has 1 year left and Greening has 2 more.

He was playing on the third line with Eller but they were horrible with Weise. Since Bourque left, Eller really picked it up thoo.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
I'd love to hear what Michalek is doing to help this hockey team right now.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Greening could have made more of an offensive impact up to this point, given Michalek's ice time and opportunities to produce.

I can't help but think that this conversation about Michalek's effectiveness and capacity to contribute is in question after 18 games and is still a bit premature. Is he paid too much? Yes..., but so are sooo many NHL players - that is a different debate. He has six points in 17 games, nothing to write home about; however, we are nearing the quarter mark of the season. It would not take much more production to get him to .5 points per game, which is definitely worth 4 million for an NHL veteran.

Looking at his 27 shots or so after 17 games, I think he just needs to shoot more.

Barring a serious injury, he will find his groove eventually and become a very efficient player on both ends of the ice. The season is 82 games; let's give him a bit more time.

Last edited:

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
We didn't re-sign Michalek just to trade him away right away. I'm not sure why people are talking about him in the trade thread.

I thought Greening actually gave a pretty decent account of himself in the game tonight. There are a few teams out there that could use him. It is the contract that is gumming up a deal.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
kessel.....remember how he used to eat elliott

I think you got that backwards; Elliot is the worst sens killer, he routinely let in horrible goals killing any chance for us to win, regardless of whether it was Kessel, or any other player shooting.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
currently 14 forwards on roster
Michalek $4M
Legwand $3M
Greening $2.5
Neil $2M
Condra $1
=5 Players making $12.5M

If we could replace all those guys with 2 impact $4-6M players(trade or free agents although don't think the UFA market is looking good), and then bring up one or two of puempel, pageau, prince, robinson and we're much much much better.

BigBush*

currently 14 forwards on roster
Michalek $4M
Legwand $3M
Greening $2.5
Neil $2M
=4 Players making $11.5M

If we could replace all those guys with 2 impact $4-5M players(trade or free agents although don't think the UFA market is looking good), and then bring up one of puempel, pageau, prince, robinson and we're much much much better.

yes lets just go to the magical well filled full of $4-5M impact players

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
yes lets just go to the magical well filled full of $4-5M impact players

i changed it slightly. got to get creative with the trades to at least get 1 impact player in place of all those place holders. Or you just roll with more kids. Just saying the money is not being spent wisely right now. Although i get that we need to get to the floor .

Actually just realized stone, hoffman, zibanejad and chiasson will need new deals, so half the money would be going there. I realize how unlikely it is to get rid of those guys i listed just dreaming a bit.

BigBush*

i changed it slightly. got to get creative with the trades to at least get 1 impact player in place of all those place holders. Or you just roll with more kids. Just saying the money is not being spent wisely right now. Although i get that we need to get to the floor .

Actually just realized stone, hoffman, zibanejad and chiasson will need new deals, so half the money would be going there. I realize how unlikely it is to get rid of those guys i listed just dreaming a bit.

I think Ottawa's management has done a good job of keeping/bringing in vets for deals just long to be stop gaps. I don't want to see Ottawa make the same mistake Edmonton did and let the kids step into roles they aren't ready for.

I do thing Ottawa will be a better team when there is a changing of the guards, and hopefully ottawas prospects like Lazar, Pumpuel, Prince, Paul, Englund can be impact players (at least a few of them), and replace Michalek, Legwand, Niel, Phillips.

I don't think Ottawa is spending their money poorly. Legwand was a good signing (and is a great stop gap), and keeping Niel and Phillips around for leadership does a lot more in the locker room than we think

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Benji said contract numbers were being drawn up and that he thought Greening was as good as gone

Lebrun said no movement on Greening

The Senators might just be doing legwork in order to not have to do it once things get moving

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Benji said contract numbers were being drawn up and that he thought Greening was as good as gone

Lebrun said no movement on Greening

The Senators might just be doing legwork in order to not have to do it once things get moving

since it wasnt specifically in terms of numbers/players involved it could also be a weircioch trade, guy is already our last option on the depth chart and gets pushed further back once methot returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad