2014-15 Season Trade Rumours/Proposals thread vol. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The problem with Kadri IMO is he is plain dumb. Watch 24/7. It sounds stupid but it's true. Sure he has skill but why are the leafs willing to trade him.

Being smart and being good at hockey are two very different things that don't have much to do with eachother

I wouldn't mind Kadri but I don't think he fits the identity this team is trying to build around. Getting him from Toronto likely means he goes for a considerable premium

If he's traded I'd bet he goes to Edmonton

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
It's late so maybe not the best thoughts but -

I don't see Kadri fitting in on the ice with this team (off ice stuff is always exaggerated). He fits in well with the Leafs though.

I'd have to watch more Edmonton games but I don't think Eberle would fit in here well either. The type of game they play is a different type than what I've seen from Ottawa players.

Not better or worse just different. Which makes getting Kadri/Eberle a bit of a risk - they might adjust or our players might adjust but they might not...

They remind me of less talented Spezza which is not a good sign.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Post 1012. For Josi, Reinhart, etc or Gormley +. Key here is the + And it was more about what that package would generate as a return. Looking to see what we could get if that was the offer. I'd like Yandle.

Your post was :

So lets put the theoretical package of Zibanejad, Weircioch & Prince out there. Who do we expect back for that? We could upgrade with swapping in Cowen.

Can we get Gormley + or Petry + for that. Who is the guy we want to target. I like Josi and Reinhart, maybe Merrill as younger guys. Carolina, Buffalo won't sell off their youth.

Getting a solid guy like Yandle would solidify our group as well.

Petry (who is UFA) +

for

Zibanejad, Weircioch & Prince

Man that's even worse...

Yandle or Josi more in the same value ballpark but Gormley, Petry, Merill and even Reinhart are not close to being worth that package. Not saying "blasphemy", just that those names shouldn't be mixed. Yandle and Josi have a TON more value than the other guys you named.

PierresGabriels

Jan 13, 2010
Orleans
I'd love Kadri. A poop disturber with skill. A nice piece. I'd offer one of our left-hand D and a forward prospect (cause no one will take Greening).

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I have no idea why Kadri is being mentioned. The leafs will never trade him to us, and I dont blame them.

If you're going to trade young players with potential, you never trade them within the division. And to a hated rival? Not bloody likely.

The leafs will make sure that "if" they trade him, and "if" he ends up proving them wrong, they wont be paying for it multiple times a season. Neither scenario seems likely to me anyhow. We wouldn't trade for Kadri for that same reason, as he would surely command a few good young players of ours.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I have no idea where the mentality of Eberle being terrible defensively or soft has come from. He's a battler, he works hard and he scores at a high clip. He also plays hard in the clutch.

The guy would absolutely fit here. He would thrive here, he would be a leader and apart of the core here.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I have no idea why Kadri is being mentioned. The leafs will never trade him to us, and I dont blame them.

If you're going to trade young players with potential, you never trade them within the division. And to a hated rival? Not bloody likely.

The leafs will make sure that "if" they trade him, and "if" he ends up proving them wrong, they wont be paying for it multiple times a season. Neither scenario seems likely to me anyhow. We wouldn't trade for Kadri for that same reason, as he would surely command a few good young players of ours.

I doubt we'd be able to land Kadri but i think people are just expressing he'd be a nice pick up. Murray did want him at the draft but that was a long time ago. I think there might be some interest if the leafs are shopping him.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I have no idea where the mentality of Eberle being terrible defensively or soft has come from. He's a battler, he works hard and he scores at a high clip. He also plays hard in the clutch.

The guy would absolutely fit here. He would thrive here, he would be a leader and apart of the core here.

He's smallish. According to Edmonton fans hes lazy, not gritty and bad defensively plus we have so many RW forwards that were have some play LW. Would like him on the sens but i dont think adding him should be a priority. The offense is fine. Lets fix the defense by acquiring better defensive forward and better defensemen.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
I doubt we'd be able to land Kadri but i think people are just expressing he'd be a nice pick up. Murray did want him at the draft but that was a long time ago. I think there might be some interest if the leafs are shopping him.

He's smallish. According to Edmonton fans hes lazy, not gritty and bad defensively plus we have so many RW forwards that were have some play LW. Would like him on the sens but i dont think adding him should be a priority. The offense is fine. Lets fix the defense by acquiring better defensive forward and better defensemen.

Eberle sure puts up a lot of points for a lazy guy. Edmonton fans are angry and I doubt many have anything good to say about their team. Check back after they go on a winning streak and Eberle posts points in every game.

Kadri, like Eberle would cost way too much, I think the team is set for a while unless there is a major injury or the team goes on a long slide. Would not be surprised to see a Kadri + for Yakupov trade though.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Your post was :

Petry (who is UFA) +

for

Zibanejad, Weircioch & Prince

Man that's even worse...

Yandle or Josi more in the same value ballpark but Gormley, Petry, Merill and even Reinhart are not close to being worth that package. Not saying "blasphemy", just that those names shouldn't be mixed. Yandle and Josi have a TON more value than the other guys you named.

I'll take your point as you state it, but my question was more along the line of what can we expect for that package. If not the guys mentioned (with a + in most cases) then who?

We have 8 D rights now and the discussion has been stated that we need an upgrade to include another Top 4 guy, probably at the expense of someone we already have. Quality for quality. Our strength at centre with some other moveable pieces generated the package to offer.

So with those guys in play - who should we be targeting as a return..

My hope is we don't gut the prospects we are building with, but rather use the guys who have had a shot and not presented fully as hoped, or will indeed need several more years before they do (and at what level we will not know until it happens).

That was my point - probably did not state it well though.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Eberle will cost Zibanejad plus and plays in a position thats over stocked on the Sens. Pass.

If Gormley is such a great player and prospect, wouldn't he have made the Yotes by now? He's just another Cowen and Wiercioch... except without NHL experience. Easy pass.

Kadri wouldn't be accepted by the players and the Sens dont need a center.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
wouldnt trade zibby for kadri....3 years younger and Kadri is terrible in his own end

ppl just cried about spezza and want kadri? k....

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's late so maybe not the best thoughts but -

I don't see Kadri fitting in on the ice with this team (off ice stuff is always exaggerated). He fits in well with the Leafs though.

I'd have to watch more Edmonton games but I don't think Eberle would fit in here well either. The type of game they play is a different type than what I've seen from Ottawa players.

Not better or worse just different. Which makes getting Kadri/Eberle a bit of a risk - they might adjust or our players might adjust but they might not...

They remind me of less talented Spezza which is not a good sign.

Agree with your assessment. Of course, I wouldn't deal for either of those guys since I prefer bigger, tougher skilled power forwards like Chris Stewart. I have no idea what it would take to get Stewart from Buffalo, I know it was mentioned TM wanted Mark Stone but I would never trade Stone, I think he is going to be a great NHL player in future. I was hoping he would take some quantity for quality since we have so many extra players.

I thought Wiercioch, Prince & Condra might be enough & if not, I would add a 2nd rd pick since we have two of them. I was hoping Wiercioch could bring some offence from the left side but his poor defensive play seems to hurt the team more than his offensive play help the team at this point. I'm also not ready to give up on Cowen who I think will eventually replace Phillips when he retires, so Cowen has these next two yrs to improve. Stewart also adds toughness to Ottawa's lineup which would be helpful, if the plan is to eventually move away from an enforcer when Neil's contract is up.

I also thought maybe a Greening, Gryba & 2nd rd pick would be enough for Petry. 2nd rd picks seem to be enough at the trade deadline to acquire some pretty good UFAs, we may even have to wait until then. Afterall, the Sens only paid a 3rd & a 5th rd pick for Hemsky at last yr's deadline & Edmonton retained half the salary. How much more can Petry be worth? The Sens players in the deal are really only to balance out the money coming back the other way but they could be serviceable players for Edmonton with their size & grit. That gets our roster down to a very manageable 22 man roster with one extra forward & one extra defenceman.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Agree with your assessment. Of course, I wouldn't deal for either of those guys since I prefer bigger, tougher skilled power forwards like Chris Stewart. I have no idea what it would take to get Stewart from Buffalo, I know it was mentioned TM wanted Mark Stone but I would never trade Stone, I think he is going to be a great NHL player in future. I was hoping he would take some quantity for quality since we have so many extra players.

I thought Wiercioch, Prince & Condra might be enough & if not, I would add a 2nd rd pick since we have two of them. I was hoping Wiercioch could bring some offence from the left side but his poor defensive play seems to hurt the team more than his offensive play help the team at this point. I'm also not ready to give up on Cowen who I think will eventually replace Phillips when he retires, so Cowen has these next two yrs to improve. Stewart also adds toughness to Ottawa's lineup which would be helpful, if the plan is to eventually move away from an enforcer when Neil's contract is up.

I also thought maybe a Greening, Gryba & 2nd rd pick would be enough for Petry. 2nd rd picks seem to be enough at the trade deadline to acquire some pretty good UFAs, we may even have to wait until then. Afterall, the Sens only paid a 3rd & a 5th rd pick for Hemsky at last yr's deadline & Edmonton retained half the salary. How much more can Petry be worth? The Sens players in the deal are really only to balance out the money coming back the other way but they could be serviceable players for Edmonton with their size & grit. That gets our roster down to a very manageable 22 man roster with one extra forward & one extra defenceman.

You are probably the only person who has watched NHL games in the last 3 years who would prefer Stewart over Eberle.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com

You may want to start with the assumption that 99% of the trade proposals here are unrealistic in some way or other. It is just entertainment.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Eberle has always been a liability defensively. The Oilers didn't cause it, but they didn't fix it either.

Still ridiculously overblown. If he's a liability defensively, Michalek is definitely one too.

He's a 30 goal, 60-70+ point winger who's only 24 and steps up when the going gets tough. Those are the players that win you cups/championships.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
Still ridiculously overblown. If he's a liability defensively, Michalek is definitely one too.

He's a 30 goal, 60-70+ point winger who's only 24 and steps up when the going gets tough. Those are the players that win you cups/championships.

Maybe in the past, but he hasn't shown that in the NHL to this point.

Karlsson2Turris*

If Kadri and Eberle don't "fit" in our team, then does that mean we can't acquire any skill players? Eric Staal wouldn't work either, then who can we acquire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad