2014-15 Season Trade Rumours/Proposals thread vol. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I like Myers, but with Karlsson and the emerging Ceci on the right side the price we'd have to pay to pry him away is too high for an eventual third pairing guy.

WhiteLight*

I like Myers, but with Karlsson and the emerging Ceci on the right side the price we'd have to pay to pry him away is too high for an eventual third pairing guy.

Would you trade Wiericoch and Dzingel for him?
That's like the Detroit packagae

BigBush*

Would you trade Wiericoch and Dzingel for him?
That's like the Detroit packagae

yes absolutely, but that's not like the Detroit package
Lazar + Weirchioch is like the Detroit package

WhiteLight*

yes absolutely, but that's not like the Detroit package
Lazar + Weirchioch is like the Detroit package

Kindl is worse than Wiercioch and a pure salary dump. DET fans dislike him a lot

Lazar >> Larkin

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yea, we don't need Myers or any other right d for that matter.

Karlsson is already a star and Ceci can be another number 1-2 defender playing on 2nd pairing. Vikstrand could potentially be that perfect number 3 RD.

We need left D support. Josi would be a dream, not gonna happen.

Tbh, I believe we have some prospects in our system that would eventually do an excellent job in complementing our top RD's in Claesson and Englund. Of course, Cowen could change his game as well.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
yeah i'm waiting to see claesson and englund. englund could end up a good partner for ek.
and harpur is a RD that has potential at least for a bottom pair.

BigBush*

Kindl is worse than Wiercioch and a pure salary dump. DET fans dislike him a lot

Lazar >> Larkin

Lazar-2013 17th overall. Larkin 2014 14th overall. Not sure its really fair to assume Lazar will be the better player.
Weircioch unfortunately isn't much more valuable then Kindl.
what buffalo wanted from Detroit is much closer to Lazar + Weir then Dzingel+ Weir.
I can see why Detriot turned it down

WhiteLight*

Lazar-2013 17th overall. Larkin 2014 14th overall. Not sure its really fair to assume Lazar will be the better player.
what buffalo wanted from Detroit is much closer to Lazar + Weir then Dzingel+ Weir.

regardless of where they were drafted
Larkin > Dzingel
Wiercioch > Kindl

pretty close

BigBush*

regardless of where they were drafted
Larkin > Dzingel
Wiercioch > Kindl

pretty close

maybe I'm not up to speed on Dzingel, but I don't see how his value is anywhere near last years 14th overall pick

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
Tim Murray knows too much about our players and prospects to trade with him. No thanks.

Could go either way, tough to judge as Tim is still new to the GM position. As the guy responsible for a majority of our drafting, he may over value players like we do on our boards. We may be able to under pay because Tim would be getting players he's familiar with and has a previous investment in. He'll definitely know who the busts are in the system, definitely not gonna settle for a garbage toss in.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's not.

He has value to the Sens, but has close to none to other teams, who all have their own Dzingels.

...:laugh:

Personally, when I look at Myers, all I see is a RD version of Cowen. How Myers can fetch such huge offers and Cowen is a steaming pile of dog doo in the forums is beyond me.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I guess in putting out that offer package I'm looking to trade quality for quality and fill the spaces we are pressured in - upgrade the D corps, where we have too many right now with Methot coming back soon.

I'd invest in Lazar over Zibanejad and Dzingel doesn't get us there; neither Pageau. That's why I picked him in the package.

Yes, he will grow over the years into something - but we have several of these right now (Lazar, Pageau, even Paul) while still keeping Turris, Legwand and Smith in the rotation.

And Gormley is NHL ready I believe; Arizona just does not have the space for him.

If it were Josi, I'd see a Zibanejad, Cowen/Wiercioch and Prince required. I'd offer Guptil as well if they balk at Prince

BigBush*

...:laugh:

Personally, when I look at Myers, all I see is a RD version of Cowen. How Myers can fetch such huge offers and Cowen is a steaming pile of dog doo in the forums is beyond me.

not sure what's so funny about the bolded, all teams do have a similar prospect to dzingel.

Cowen does get a poor rep on hf but in reality if he was available I think he'd have a lot of interest around the league

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I guess in putting out that offer package I'm looking to trade quality for quality and fill the spaces we are pressured in - upgrade the D corps, where we have too many right now with Methot coming back soon.

I'd invest in Lazar over Zibanejad and Dzingel doesn't get us there; neither Pageau. That's why I picked him in the package.

Yes, he will grow over the years into something - but we have several of these right now (Lazar, Pageau, even Paul) while still keeping Turris, Legwand and Smith in the rotation.

And Gormley is NHL ready I believe; Arizona just does not have the space for him.

If it were Josi, I'd see a Zibanejad, Cowen/Wiercioch and Prince required. I'd offer Guptil as well if they balk at Prince

You are highly, highly over-rating Gormley's value. He is not going to return a roster player. In fact, Arizona doesn't want a roster player, so Zib is moot regardless.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
not sure what's so funny about the bolded, all teams do have a similar prospect to dzingel.

Cowen does get a poor rep on hf but in reality if he was available I think he'd have a lot of interest around the league

It's more a case of reading that particular line in a not-quite-phonetic way. Makes for a wee bit 'o naughty. :naughty:

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
You are highly, highly over-rating Gormley's value. He is not going to return a roster player. In fact, Arizona doesn't want a roster player, so Zib is moot regardless.

I bet something around Puempel might get it done but I'd be reluctant to let him go.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Just for clarification, Arizona fans are happy to accept these guys, straight up, for Gormley.

David Pasternak
Hunter Shinkurok
Sven Baertschi
Conner Bleakley + minor prospect
Jared Mccann

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
If Cowen's stock hadn't fallen quite so much he could have been a decent piece to get Myers.
Maybe we need to get a time machine

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
We will not be able to afford Josi without glutting our team.

He would cost Zib + Lazar + 2015 1st +

He is a young, top 10-15 D in the league, signed to the best contract in the League.

wow, I love Josi but that's basically 3 top-10 picks though

Anyway, Nashville has no reason to trade Roman

2014 will be seen as one of the weakest draft in a while... You just can't compare like that. Every year, picks have different value.

Kindl has a lot less offensive skills than Wiercioch and is 3-4 years older... He is also signed for 1 more year at 400 K$ more than Wiercioch.

Lazar is also much more proven at this point and a much safer bet...

Really Lazar + Wiercioch > Larkin + Kindl

And it's not really close...

Detroit probably turned it down (if true) because they are high on Larkin. Teams are always higher than other teams on their recent 1st round picks.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

Fair enough - but I see him as better than most of the guys we have now in two years if given a shot. When reshaping the package, I was more thinking on Josi than Gormley - but I'd do something for Gormley if it could happen without including Puempel, Pageau, Hoffman, Stone, and maybe Robinson (based on his Camp). I could see something around Prince as he is blocked by Puempel I think at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad