2014-15 Season Trade Rumours/Proposals thread vol. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Just for clarification, Arizona fans are happy to accept these guys, straight up, for Gormley.

David Pasternak
Hunter Shinkurok
Sven Baertschi
Conner Bleakley + minor prospect
Jared Mccann

i never understood the significance of this

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
i never understood the significance of this

That they are happy to accept: David Pasternak as a return. It gives us a base of what they view his value.

An offer made was: Zibanejad + Weircioch + Prince

Vast differences

I realize it is only conjecture and it means nothing in the grand scheme of things

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That they are happy to accept: David Pasternak as a return. It gives us a base of what they view his value.

An offer made was: Zibanejad + Weircioch + Prince

Vast differences

I realize it is only conjecture and it means nothing in the grand scheme of things

Wait, there was an offer made that was Zibanejad + Weircioch + Prince for Gormley? lol what the heck

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Wait, there was an offer made that was Zibanejad + Weircioch + Prince for Gormley? lol what the heck

Post 1012. For Josi, Reinhart, etc or Gormley +. Key here is the + And it was more about what that package would generate as a return. Looking to see what we could get if that was the offer. I'd like Yandle.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Biancosaurus said:
probably 25 other teams looking for the exact same thing...

I understand that every other team would love to add one but it's more of a need or us... right now only Karlsson can handle those minutes over a season. Methot is injured and there's talk we may trade him.

Other teams have 2 guys maybe even 3 who can handle 20+ minutes and who don't have hands of stone. Adding a 4th makes them a big threat in their division and the playoffs.

We might not make the playoffs if we don't add a 2nd (3rd if Methot stays) guy who can play 20+ minutes and do it well.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Agreed

Getting Gormley should be at the top of our "trade targets" list

I'd trade Zibanejad for a D but not for a Forward

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'd only trade Zibanejad for Josi.

Josi-Karlsson
Methot-Ceci

would be an elite top 4 in a year.

Then again, I'd rather invest in adding an extra star forward like Eberle. Top 2-3 defenders are easier to get than top 2-3 forwards.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
Some people here are willing to sever ties with Zibanejad and take a flyer on Gormley? Gormley is a year older, and has played 5 games in the NHL. I know Phoenix has good defensive depth, but the fact that he hasn't made the team should show people that he's not some elite defensive prospect. He can be good , but at this point in time Zibanejad definitely has the higher ceiling.

We've played five games, yet some people seem to think that Zibanejad is so bad that we should just ship him out? The Ryan-Zib-Chia line hasn't been lighting up the scoreboard but they are playing well both with the puck and without. They can cycle the puck better than any of our four lines, and have been a rock defensively. Some people on the board speak out against some of our younger talented players like they are chopped liver and then wear it as a badge of honor. I really don't see what some of you guys are talking about when you say that Zibanejad has no potential. His potential is clearly there , and let me say it again : we have played five games this season.

And Gormley is nowhere near as valuable as Josi.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Some people here are willing to sever ties with Zibanejad and take a flyer on Gormley? Gormley is a year older, and has played 5 games in the NHL. I know Phoenix has good defensive depth, but the fact that he hasn't made the team should show people that he's not some elite defensive prospect. He can be good , but at this point in time Zibanejad definitely has the higher ceiling.

We've played five games, yet some people seem to think that Zibanejad is so bad that we should just ship him out? The Ryan-Zib-Chia line hasn't been lighting up the scoreboard but they are playing well both with the puck and without. They can cycle the puck better than any of our four lines, and have been a rock defensively. Some people on the board speak out against some of our younger talented players like they are chopped liver and then wear it as a badge of honor. I really don't see what some of you guys are talking about when you say that Zibanejad has no potential. His potential is clearly there , and let me say it again : we have played five games this season.

And Gormley is nowhere near as valuable as Josi.

Zibanejad is a very valuable asset and centre is our deepest position.

When you trade a player for another great player that you think addresses a need it isn't because you think he's no good or that he's a bust. It's because you have to give to get and giving up Zibanejad is something I think this team could manage, especially if it makes our D much better.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
Zibanejad is a very valuable asset and centre is our deepest position.

When you trade a player for another great player that you think addresses a need it isn't because you think he's no good or that he's a bust. It's because you have to give to get and giving up Zibanejad is something I think this team could manage, especially if it makes our D much better.

I agree. I think with Lazar here Zibanejad becomes somewhat expendable similar to how Rundblad did. For Murray to consider that though, it would need to be a young top 4 defenseman like Josi or of that Caliber.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I've learned over past 3-4 years you don't trade a bunch of prospects because depth is important...

With that being said, Ottawa right now is overflowing with depth and could make a couple moves on a couple available players that could set them for the future.

Puempel+4th for Gormley

Methot+Chiasson+Smith/Grant for Eberle

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Ryan-Zibanejad-Eberle
Hoffman-Legwand-Lazar
Michalek-Pageau-Condra

Phillips-Karlsson
Gormley-Ceci
Boro-Gryba
Cowen-Wier

Reasoning:

Puempel could be very valuable asset, with that being said, we trade him for possible steal top 4 defender with number 2-3 potential. Rides shot-gun with Ceci and they create excellent 2nd pairing or Gormley improves and plays with Karlsson.

Claesson would be ready to shot-gun with Karlsson next year or we pick up solid top 4 to play with him.

We are deep in LW if you think about it(ESPECIALLY if Hoffman breaks out)....

MacArthur
Ryan
Hoffman
Paul
Prince

RW:
Stone
Eberle
Lazar

More importantly, we have two top wingers who can score 30 every year and 2 other all-around 2 way beasts to round out 2 excellent 2 way centers(Whether its Turris + Zib/Lazar).

Center:

Turris
Zibanejad/Lazar
Pageau/Legwand
Legwand/Pageau
Dzingel
Grant
bunch others

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'd only trade Zibanejad for Josi.

Josi-Karlsson
Methot-Ceci

would be an elite top 4 in a year.

Then again, I'd rather invest in adding an extra star forward like Eberle. Top 2-3 defenders are easier to get than top 2-3 forwards.

Well Tim and Bryan Murray disagree with you.

BigBush*

Just throwing something out there for fun
Staal and Sekera from Carolina would be interesting

Zib + 2015 1rst + Pumpeul

BigBush*

Absolutely ****ing NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what if closer to the deadline that was looking like a 15-20th pick?

id be gambling the future lol but could make for a cup run.
it'd plug the the two biggest holes in ottawa, a #1C and #2-3D

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I've learned over past 3-4 years you don't trade a bunch of prospects because depth is important...

With that being said, Ottawa right now is overflowing with depth and could make a couple moves on a couple available players that could set them for the future.

Puempel+4th for Gormley

Methot+Chiasson+Smith/Grant for Eberle

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Ryan-Zibanejad-Eberle
Hoffman-Legwand-Lazar
Michalek-Pageau-Condra

Phillips-Karlsson
Gormley-Ceci
Boro-Gryba
Cowen-Wier

Reasoning:

Puempel could be very valuable asset, with that being said, we trade him for possible steal top 4 defender with number 2-3 potential. Rides shot-gun with Ceci and they create excellent 2nd pairing or Gormley improves and plays with Karlsson.

Claesson would be ready to shot-gun with Karlsson next year or we pick up solid top 4 to play with him.

We are deep in LW if you think about it(ESPECIALLY if Hoffman breaks out)....

MacArthur
Ryan
Hoffman
Paul
Prince

RW:
Stone
Eberle
Lazar

More importantly, we have two top wingers who can score 30 every year and 2 other all-around 2 way beasts to round out 2 excellent 2 way centers(Whether its Turris + Zib/Lazar).

Center:

Turris
Zibanejad/Lazar
Pageau/Legwand
Legwand/Pageau
Dzingel
Grant
bunch others

These are all the players currently on the sens who exclusively play RW or rather play RW.

Ryan
Michalek
Chiasson
Stone
Neil
Condra
Lazar

We have so many RWing were having Michalek and Ryan play on the side they dont prefer. I dont want to move out a true top 4 defender like methot. Gormley might be a top 4. We dont know yet. Rather not risk it.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Dreger saying Kadri might be moved. I'd love him on the sens. Would move zibby out for him

The problem with Kadri IMO is he is plain dumb. Watch 24/7. It sounds stupid but it's true. Sure he has skill but why are the leafs willing to trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad