2014-15 Sabres Training Camp

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres' Nolan on Jhonas Enroth: "I see a different goaltender. I see a guy on a mission. I see a guy with a purpose.He wants that No. 1 job"

@pham1717: Enroth got goaltending teaching in Sweden http://t.co/XmcShXmCgn

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
I'm going with this:

26-63-21
19-25-80
82-28-12
44-8-65
X: 17
IR: 36/22

4-57
41-55
6-61
X: 3 (until healthy)

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
That play by Ennis was one of my favorite moves ever. I really hope he pulls it off at some point. It's goal of the year worthy.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
30w1c2e.jpg

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I'm a little confused. Girgensons isn't a punishing hitter at all. More of a bull in a china shop.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@kevinoDandC - 30 minutes ago - 5:25 pm ET -
In case you didn't see this - Matt Ellis and Drew Bagnall did clear waivers and are officially on the #Amerks roster.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 17m17 minutes ago
Nolan said they have a new defensive system. He calls it a system of support. You can already see how much better their breakouts are.

This is very noticeable in the games. The puck support has been excellent and its led to better passing and breakouts as Hamilton said.

This was probably their single biggest systemic problem last year. That change alone could add 10-20 points in the standings. They had no idea how to break out last year.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Enzo has been great, he's flying out there on the ice right now. I think he could have a career year.

One of the guys who played noticeably better under Nolan last year who also looks great in camp. Myers is the other leading man in that category. Stafford deserves mention as well. I wouldn't say he's looked "great" in camp, but he's been solid.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
This was probably their single biggest systemic problem last year. That change alone could add 10-20 points in the standings. They had no idea how to break out last year.

Tyler Myers was really a one-man breakout system last year. Him carrying the puck seemed like the only way we got it up the ice with any consistency.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
How about this for the D?

4-57
41-55
29-61
X: 6

IR: 3

I want McCabe starting in Rochester. I don't think he's developed enough to bypass the AHL completely. I'd rather see them use Pysyk's injury as an opportunity to get an extended look at Zadorov. McCabe can be called up whenever; once Zads is gone, he's gone for the season. Let him get his 9 games, see how he does, and use them to make sure Nolan/Murray have the right decision on which league he should play in.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I'd just like to say there are few things more annoying than posting lineups and making references based solely on numbers. It strikes me as akin to those that like using big words in hopes that others will have to ask what the words mean. Yes, not everyone has every number memorized. That is all.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
I'd just like to say there are few things more annoying than posting lineups and making references based solely on numbers. It strikes me as akin to those that like using big words in hopes that others will have to ask what the words mean. Yes, not everyone has every number memorized. That is all.

Especially with all the changes this past year. I know the majority, but I stumble for a bit on a couple of the numbers.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

I'm not going to begrudge someone saving something like 80% of the typing to get a line-up out. Everyone's going to learn the numbers eventually.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Especially with all the changes this past year. I know the majority, but I stumble for a bit on a couple of the numbers.

Exactly. I'm not angry if someone posts a numbers line up, but I'm probably going to skip some of it because I definitely don't know the 4th line numbers by heart. It's a little much to expect most readers to know the new guys' numbers in the preseason. If it is a matter of saving typing/time, I'd personally rather give it the extra minute or two to clear up the confusion rather than have people not understand what i'm talking about.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Make your concerns/displeasure known to the Sabres because that's how they post lineups on twitter due to character limitations. It's 2014, time to adapt and stop whining IMO.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Make your concerns/displeasure known to the Sabres because that's how they post lineups on twitter due to character limitations. It's 2014, time to adapt and stop whining IMO.

I would not call it whining, that is not very nice to say. I as one of the people that dont know the numbers of all players and this is not twitter so there is not a restriction so that is not a good comparison.

If your goal is to have everyone understand your post of the lineup then put the names, if your goal is to have only the people that know the numbers understand your post then put the numbers. If you post the numbers then your post is only understood by the latter.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I would not call it whining, that is not very nice to say. I as one of the people that dont know the numbers of all players and this is not twitter so there is not a restriction so that is not a good comparison.

If your goal is to have everyone understand your post of the lineup then put the names, if your goal is to have only the people that know the numbers understand your post then put the numbers. If you post the numbers then your post is only understood by the latter.

Posts with the numerical line combinations come directly from the Sabres. It's not that hard to adjust and figure out what numbers represents each of the players. Appreciate that someone is posting legitimate factual information to begin with instead of complaining that it doesn't suit your particular need.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Posts with the numerical line combinations come directly from the Sabres. It's not that hard to adjust and figure out what numbers represents each of the players. Appreciate that someone is posting legitimate factual information to begin with instead of complaining that it doesn't suit your particular need.

I would appreciate it if the poster put the names instead of regurgitating something I can get from the sabres. If your goal is to attract less educated sabres fans or new fans then numbers mean nothing to them. Meh I guess these days voicing your opinion means whining and being unappreciative. I was not the original unappreciative whiner, I just appreciate his point of view. .

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I would appreciate it if the poster put the names instead of regurgitating something I can get from the sabres. If your goal is to attract less educated sabres fans or new fans then numbers mean nothing to them. Meh I guess these days voicing your opinion means whining and being unappreciative. I was not the original unappreciative whiner, I just appreciate his point of view. .

Good thing there are plenty of alternative sources for you to get what you appreciate. Good luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad