#SabresCamp

Forwards
80-63-12
82-23-20
26-25-21
19-28-17
44-8-65

#SabresCamp

Defense Gorges, Benoit, Ristolainen, McCabe, Meszaros, Strachan, Weber and Zadorov. No Myers.

Enroth and Neuvirth in goal.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
@ChrisRyndak

#SabresCamp

Forwards
80-63-12
82-23-20
26-25-21
19-28-17
44-8-65

#SabresCamp

Defense Gorges, Benoit, Ristolainen, McCabe, Meszaros, Strachan, Weber and Zadorov. No Myers.

Enroth and Neuvirth in goal.

Stewart-Ennis-Gionta
Foligno-Reinhart-Dalpe
Moulson-Grigorenko-Stafford
Hodgson-Girgensons-Mitchell

These are some head-scratching line combos lol

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Stewart-Ennis-Gionta
Foligno-Reinhart-Dalpe

If the idea is to roll four pretty equal lines rather than the traditional first and second scoring line, a checking line and a goon line, then that's not a bad job.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Hopefully just a maintenance day for Myers. He was great last night

For sure. Was doing a great job getting up into the rush at the right times and skating well and getting back into coverage when it went back the other way. Thought he did a better job sticking to his assignments on the few shifts Buffalo got kind of hemmed in their own zone than he usually does too.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
For sure. Was doing a great job getting up into the rush at the right times and skating well and getting back into coverage when it went back the other way. Thought he did a better job sticking to his assignments on the few shifts Buffalo got kind of hemmed in their own zone than he usually does too.

Him and Gorges look like a pretty good pairing.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Stewart-Ennis-Gionta
Foligno-Reinhart-Dalpe

Gives veterans a chance to play with different guys ("Stewart-Ennis-Gionta") while making sure Reinhart, Grigorenko, and now Girgensons all get good linemates. Stewart in particular seems to be rewarded for his great play by having a chance to see how he does with a possible top line. Grigorenko is getting a chance with the wingers from what's generally the top line.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@BuffaloSabres

Foligno: What the veterans are doing here rubs off on the young guys like me. Setting a good example. #SabresCamp

Gionta: You want to build as the preseason goes on, and I think we've done that. #SabresCamp

Weber: We've come a long way. The veteran guys we've brought in, they've been on winning teams, they know what it takes to win. #SabresCamp

Reinhart: Obviously, the more I play, the more confident I become. Feeling good out there. #SabresCamp

By9Iun1IEAE0hls.jpg:large

#Sabres Coach Nolan says just a maintenance day for Myers. He should make the trip to Carolina. #SabresCamp

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 17m17 minutes ago
Nolan said they have a new defensive system. He calls it a system of support. You can already see how much better their breakouts are.

This is very noticeable in the games. The puck support has been excellent and its led to better passing and breakouts as Hamilton said.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 17m17 minutes ago
Nolan said they have a new defensive system. He calls it a system of support. You can already see how much better their breakouts are.

This is very noticeable in the games. The puck support has been excellent and its led to better passing and breakouts as Hamilton said.

This was certainly on display in yesterday's Caps game and very much a welcome sight.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Puck movement has looked exceptionally good relative to recent Sabres teams throughout the preseason whenever there have been good players on the ice. The Sabres simply didn't pass at the level of a bonafide NHL team in recent seasons. It was quite pathetic to watch after watching two other teams play, and was exacerbated by the lack of team speed (individual skating + a sensible system and direction of direct skating lines to the puck and net).

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Hopefully just a maintenance day for Myers. He was great last night.

@BuffaloSabres - #Sabres Coach Nolan says just a maintenance day for Myers. He should make the trip to Carolina. #SabresCamp

Full Quote - "He’s had a great camp, so it was more of a maintenance day than anything else," Nolan said.
"He’s going to make the trip, and we’ll see how he feels tomorrow."

Nolan says we're "real close" to naming a captain. #SabresCamp

Full Quote - "It hasn’t officially happened yet, but we all know who the leadership is going to be on this team," Nolan said.
"We’ll officially sit down with the people. We haven’t talked to anybody about it, but we all know."

@BuffNewsVogl - Sabres' Ted Nolan says he and coaching staff know who the captain will be, but he hasn't told players yet. Will do so soon.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Nolan Presser and Player Interviews (10/2/14)

Ted Nolan Press Conference (10/2/14)
[NHL]635948[/NHL]

Mike Weber Interview (10/2/14)
[NHL]635949[/NHL]

Marcus Foligno Interview (10/2/14)
[NHL]635950[/NHL]

Last edited:

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
By all accounts, Zadorov will be back in London this year. For people who've seen him live this preseason, has he been as bad as the media portrays him?

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
By all accounts, Zadorov will be back in London this year. For people who've seen him live this preseason, has he been as bad as the media portrays him?

I am not at all familiar with how the media has been portraying him this preseason, but no he hasn't been anywhere near bad for a 19 year old. He is right now an up and down player but his "down" moments aren't worse than some of our established NHLers (Mike Weber) and his "up" moments are quite good. He gets a bit lost out there at times but he's an active, confident player, which is a lot better than being passive and lost. I'm not really behind him staying up for 9 games but I don't think it'd be the worst thing if he does make the team for the season. I think the team is giving him serious consideration for at least 9 games, especially since Pysyk is injured right now. Matt Dumba seems likely to make the Wild and in my opinion if both he and Zadorov played the full season Zadorov would look better.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC

In general, he's been really good, and if there wasn't a logjam in front of him, I'd say he is one of the 6 best defensemen in this organization.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
In general, he's been really good, and if there wasn't a logjam in front of him, I'd say he is one of the 6 best defensemen in this organization.

I don't see why we can't demote weber to 7th D. Between Benoit/Zadorov, I'd rather have Zadorov and Benoit to the AHL.

A healthy top 6 should be:

Gorges-Myers
Mezaros-Risto
Zadorov-Psysyk
Weber/Benoit.

If anything Weber should be waiver bait if we're basing this on preseason games. He's been awful.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
STRONGER COMMUNICATION LEADING TO BETTER DEFENSE FOR SABRES
A knock on the Buffalo Sabres over the past few seasons is that they’ve been a quiet group that doesn’t talk much on the ice. As training camp has progressed, you can hear the change already.

During practice, it seems like each day, more and more players are communicating audibly and it’s a welcome change for both the players and coaching staff.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I don't see why we can't demote weber to 7th D. Between Benoit/Zadorov, I'd rather have Zadorov and Benoit to the AHL.

A healthy top 6 should be:

Gorges-Myers
Mezaros-Risto
Zadorov-Psysyk
Weber/Benoit.

If anything Weber should be waiver bait if we're basing this on preseason games. He's been awful.

I tend to agree, but unlike Grigorenko, he hasn't exactly forced their hand.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@reporterchris: Even though NHL teams are getting down to final player decisions, they have until 5 p.m. ET Tuesday to file 23-man, cap-compliant rosters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad