2014-15 Sabres Training Camp

LaFontaineToMogilny

Jul 16, 2013
I'd just like to say there are few things more annoying than posting lineups and making references based solely on numbers. It strikes me as akin to those that like using big words in hopes that others will have to ask what the words mean. Yes, not everyone has every number memorized. That is all.

I like to make my rosters even more eclectic and elitist by listing it as anagrams. I see this lineup for opening day:

Not Slutammo - Linty Sneer - Deft Forwards
Doh Cosydong - King Hairlike Groom - Crash Twister
Scum Goonflair - Zing Ogresmugness - Tiara Boning
Nuclearised Sailors - Crocdick Commy - Barnfly Inn

Joggers Hos - Merry Style
Major Zen Redass - Alarmists Reunions
Em Ribweek - Anorak Zitvoid

Hater Johnson

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
I like to make my rosters even more eclectic and elitist by listing it as anagrams. I see this lineup for opening day:

Hater Johnson

Some of those are funny.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

Hater Johnson

in the whole "earn your spot" conversation... does anyone believe Nuclearised Sailors has done anything to make the team?

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
If the goal is to add Eichel or McDavid to the organization, then I think sending down Reinhart is a big mistake. There is zero chance he would be anywhere but Buffalo for 2015-2016, so that means you'll have two rookie forwards/centers who must have spots in our top 9. Let Reinhart learn from a season with the big club and let him take his lumps.There is virtually 0 chance Eichel or McDavid don't make the NHL after their draft, so let's not put ourselves in a spot where we are forced to play two rookies in prominent roles. Reinhart HAS to be on the big club by 15-16. So does McDavid or Eichel.

You can only develop the players you have, not players you might have. Cant make decisions like this based on hypothesis, especially not with our most valuable prospect.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
You can only develop the players you have, not players you might have. Cant make decisions like this based on hypothesis, especially not with our most valuable prospect.

The whole goal of this year is to add either Eichel or McDavid. Both are playing/played games at FNC. Murray is talking about manipulating the lineup and was angry they altered the lottery. They expect to have one of the 2 future superstars and I think it's very valid. Let Reinhart get experience. It'll be a lot worse if we had to have two elite prospects who were top 2 picks having their rookie year at the same time occupying 2 of the top 9 spots. Give Reinhart 14-15 mins a game with sheltered minutes and ample PP time and give him more responsibility next year while giving McDavid or Eichel the same treatment next year.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
The whole goal of this year is to add either Eichel or McDavid. Both are playing/played games at FNC. Murray is talking about manipulating the lineup and was angry they altered the lottery. They expect to have one of the 2 future superstars and I think it's very valid. Let Reinhart get experience. It'll be a lot worse if we had to have two elite prospects who were top 2 picks having their rookie year at the same time occupying 2 of the top 9 spots. Give Reinhart 14-15 mins a game with sheltered minutes and ample PP time and give him more responsibility next year while giving McDavid or Eichel the same treatment next year.

I think it's pretty ridiculous that anyone could believe "the whole goal of this year is to add either Eichel or McDavid".

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I think it's pretty ridiculous that anyone could believe "the whole goal of this year is to add either Eichel or McDavid".

What's the goal then? Finish 8th? People already are penciling in a "McEichel" in future lineup posts. The Sabres want to build through the draft. We obviously don't want to compete or else we would here tried to improve the roster more then we did ( aside from Moulson all the other signings were strictly to reach the floor/add leadership).

So yes, the Sabres and a lot of their fans are expecting one of the 2 studs. I know I am. I don't want us to finish with the 7th or 8th pick, I want a top 2 pick and hopefully another top 10 from the Isles.I am hoping Reinhart is our long term #2c because we have McDavid or Eichel as the #1c for the next 15 years.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
What's the goal then? Finish 8th? People already are penciling in a "McEichel" in future lineup posts. The Sabres want to build through the draft. We obviously don't want to compete or else we would here tried to improve the roster more then we did ( aside from Moulson all the other signings were strictly to reach the floor/add leadership).

So yes, the Sabres and a lot of their fans are expecting one of the 2 studs. I know I am. I don't want us to finish with the 7th or 8th pick, I want a top 2 pick and hopefully another top 10 from the Isles.I am hoping Reinhart is our long term #2c because we have McDavid or Eichel as the #1c for the next 15 years.

The end goal is to win a Stanley Cup. The goal of this season is to work towards building a team that can win a Stanley Cup. The idea that that necessarily requires acquiring McDavid or Eichel, and that any other result is a failure, well, I think it's missing the forest for the trees

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje

Hater Johnson

:handclap:

That's like a lineup from Slapshot. These guys would scare even the old time Broad Street Bullies.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

There is no concrete goal with regards to drafting this year. Would they prefer to draft McDavid? Sure. Is that the whole goal? No. From your first comment we know you're saying that drafting McDavid or Eichel is the "whole goal" as a rationale behind making line-up decisions based around what would be best "when" we get McDavid/Eichel. That is simply ridiculous. The Sabres will make line-up moves that hurt their chances at finishing last if that's what's best for the organization's other key considerations, such as building a team and developing the players they actually have, so to think they wouldn't make decisions based on what's best for the players they actually have but instead what'd be best for when we have McDavid next year is just a fantasy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: