Salary Cap: 2014-15 Roster-Building XII | Kulemania runnin' wild, brother | UFA/TRADE IDEAS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguins2946*

No... we need every million we can find. Only reason you're moving fleury is to make cap space. You need to either decide he's your guy or he isn't.... no tap dancing around the cap to create a fail safe for your 5.5 million dollar goalie.

FORWARDS
Nikolai Kulemin ($3.000m) / Evgeni Malkin ($9.500m) / Patric Hornqvist ($4.250m)
Chris Kunitz ($3.850m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Beau Bennett ($0.900m)
Nick Spaling ($1.750m) / Brandon Sutter ($3.250m) / Pascal Dupuis ($3.750m)
Jordan Nolan ($0.700m) / Manny Malhotra ($0.800m) / David Moss ($1.250m)
Adam Payerl ($0.627m) / Jayson Megna ($0.800m)
DEFENSEMEN
Paul Martin ($5.000m) / Kris Letang ($7.250m)
Olli Maatta ($0.894m) / Rob Scuderi ($3.375m)
Simon Despres ($1.000m) / Robert Bortuzzo ($0.600m)
Philip Samuelsson ($0.605m) /
GOALTENDERS
Marc-Andre Fleury ($5.000m)
James Reimer ($1.600m)
BUYOUTS
Craig Adams ($0.233m)
BONUS OVERAGE
$0
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,684,167; BONUSES: $240,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $315,833

It can easily be done.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Reimer, at absolute most, would cost $2 million. I think he'll end up closer to $1.5 million though. Him coming in and Zatkoff going out is only $900,000 extra cap hit, which is nothing.

You can demote Zatkoff to WBS and have it not effect the cap of the Penguins at all. He's not on a 35+ deal. He can be hurried in the minors, though he most likely would get claimed.

Reimer wants to leave Toronto because he believes he's a number 1 goalie. Why would the Penguins bring the guy in to be a back up? He would likely become a locker room cancer.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I guarantee he gets another injury after coming back from his injury like he has in all of the leagues he has played in.

If he plays a full season, I would pencil him in for maybe 40 points, but he is definitely not putting up 25 goals, whatever line he plays on somebody else will be the goal scorer.

We get it, you don't like Bennett. Maybe when he's 35 and a cagey veteran, you'll like him.

Neko87

Mar 31, 2014
Bennett had the third best quality of teammates on the club last year and scored at a 10 goal pace...

Fordy

May 28, 2008
people have got to stop whining about beau. He's a top six player. deal with it. whatever games he plays that's where he belongs

Neko87

Mar 31, 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyFqqbTnUWs

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/video/beau-bennett-crunches-ryan-murray-023005179.html

Not physical?

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

He is made of glass.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
We get it, you don't like Bennett. Maybe when he's 35 and a cagey veteran, you'll like him.

I like Bennett. I don't like Bennett being given credit he doesn't deserve and a position on a supposed "cup contender" that should be reserved for a player that has scored more than three goals in an NHL season. Especially after we just traded a player that scored at ease that was in that same position.

penguins2946*

Reimer wants to leave Toronto because he believes he's a number 1 goalie. Why would the Penguins bring the guy in to be a back up? He would likely become a locker room cancer.

Would he complain if he knew that he would be the starter in 15-16? It would be a 1A-1B situation where Reimer takes over the net when Fleury leaves. He wants out of Toronto because they're going with Bernier long term. He may only have to wait 1 year to be a starter here. There aren't that many teams that he would be a starter on.

I guarantee he gets another injury after coming back from his injury like he has in all of the leagues he has played in.

If he plays a full season, I would pencil him in for maybe 40 points, but he is definitely not putting up 25 goals, whatever line he plays on somebody else will be the goal scorer.

Bennett would only be a 40 point player in a full season along Crosby? Yeah, okay.

Neko87

Mar 31, 2014

People putting him in for 20+ goals are in for a real treat. :shakehead

It's Eric Tangradi all over again.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA

you know you're right, what was I thinking??! what a scrub this guy is, no goal scoring ability whatsoever:

http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=244397
http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=490358
http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=589364
http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=237448
http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=221516

just awful.

ObsessedCreative*

Why? He's one of the best wingers out there?

He hasn't played well outside of AZ and has stretches where he is a ghost. If we are paying him 4.5-ish million dollars a year to roll the dice and hope he plays like the player in AZ I'd rather just save some $$$ and sign JJ and save a million or so dollars and you get a player you know will work here a produce at the same clip or out produce a FA signing with a ton of question marks next to him.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Bennett would only be a 40 point player in a full season along Crosby? Yeah, okay.

Was Hornqvist brought in to play with Malkin?

I don't get where this idea that Bennett is a goal scorer is coming from? When has he ever demonstrated he is the guy with the shot on a line? He can pick a corner with a nice wrister, but all of his great plays have been because of hockey sense and knowing where to pass the puck. I don't see him putting up 35+ assists next season, especially if he is playing a top six position. You don't see what are essentially rookies putting up that kind of season.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Injury & criminal under-utilization by DB have been the only things keeping BB from being a legit top 6 player thus far. There's really no talking to people who fail to recognize his talent. And anyone that compares him to Tangradi as an overhyped prospect just doesn't know anything about hockey or basic talent evaluation, and shouldn't be taken seriously as a human being.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

I could put together a highlight package like this for Brandon Sutter. Would you consider him a lock for 25 goals? He has goal scoring ability, but I severely doubt he puts up 25+ and without doing that, I don't see how he is going to break 40 points. Which is cool, having a 25+ assist and 10 to 15+ goal scorer that is young and cost effective is perfect for our team. Perfect for our team on the 3rd line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad