Salary Cap: 2014-15 Roster Building Thread X | ALL UFA + TRADE IDEAS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
And I think as we all expected, the Kesler-to-Pittsburgh scheme died along with the Shero era. LeBrun and Dreger both reporting deal coming between Canucks and Ducks.

Yep. I'm sadden today.

Onto the rest of the list.

That return was poor by the way. I can't imagine how bad our offer was.:laugh:

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
are we talking about transactions involving other teams in this thread? i don't want to hang out in the wrong thread, that'd ruin my whole day...

penguins2946*

Wow. Surely we could have beat that. Sutter + 1st + mediocre prospect. Oh well.

Bonino is actually a solid piece and Sbisa isn't bad. I think that Sutter package is worse, but it doesn't matter anymore. I think this sets the table for Garrison to be dealt. The Ducks have to be a favorite now.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I didn't want Kesler, but wow. Looks like 'GM of the year' took advantage of the rookie big time.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
Van is offering up the 6th, 24th and Garrison for the 1st overall

(this is what the van media is saying team1040 radio)

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
****** return for Kesler. Have to think it was limited by both his NTC and the # of teams that were really after him.

penguins2946*

Van is offering up the 6th, 24th and Garrison for the 1st overall

(this is what the van media is saying team1040 radio)

Wow Florida should do that, then look to move Kulikov for a winger. Reinhart-Bonino-Horvat is an awesome center punch for the future.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
We don't have a piece like Bonino to trade though. 49 points last year, played nearly 2 min per game on the PK, and a 1.9 mil cap hit for the next 3 years.

Yeah that's fair. I think Sutter > Bonino but the contract helps. 22nd > 24th. I mean, I'm really not all that disappointed. Kesler was Shero's guy. I think there are better fits out there for Johnston/JR

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Sounded like they kicked the tires on Kesler but the new regime wasn't nearly as enamored with making that deal happen.

I would have been in favor of it at the deadline -- getting three playoff runs out of him. But his value is a little less now that we're past that point, and I think the return the Canucks got reflected that.

Fire Shero*

Yeah that's fair. I think Sutter > Bonino but the contract helps. 22nd > 24th. I mean, I'm really not all that disappointed. Kesler was Shero's guy. I think there are better fits out there for Johnston/JR

Yea there are better fits. Let's just hope JR is balls to the wall and not sitting on his thumbs.

Hell of a trade by Anaheim. I wish we had highly desirable prospects or at least 1 respectable forward prospect.

Dupree13

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh
I recall that Kesler's desire to come to Pittsburgh was at least in part based on him striking up a great relationship with Bylsma at Sochi (as much as we all disliked DB, players seem to love the guy).

Perhaps once Bylsma was dismissed Kesler no longer wanted to be here so much.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Sounded like they kicked the tires on Kesler but the new regime wasn't nearly as enamored with making that deal happen.

I would have been in favor of it at the deadline -- getting three playoff runs out of him. But his value is a little less now that we're past that point, and I think the return the Canucks got reflected that.

I was having those thoughts as well. Vancouver should have pulled the trigger last deadline, but we have seen similar happen many times in the past.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Anaheim made out like bandits on this one, depending on who the pick ends up being

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I recall that Kesler's desire to come to Pittsburgh was at least in part based on him striking up a great relationship with Bylsma at Sochi (as much as we all disliked DB, players seem to love the guy).

Seriously? Players like Bylsma?

This trade might not look as bad if some pieces go toward the 1st/2nd OA.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Some players love him. It seems like the reputation began to change over the last 2 years.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
Wow Florida should do that, then look to move Kulikov for a winger. Reinhart-Bonino-Horvat is an awesome center punch for the future.

And play who on defense? I guess they could take Fleury at #6 and add a winger at #24, but I think they'd be better off keeping Kulikov and Gudbranson and drafting Ekblad imo.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Leading up to the Kesler trade today, I read on the Canucks forum about Neal going to Vancouver.

Neal+Pouliot+1st for Kesler
Another trade was Neal+Bennett+1st

:laugh:

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
Leading up to the Kesler trade today, I read on the Canucks forum about Neal going to Vancouver.

Neal+Pouliot+1st for Kesler
Another trade was Neal+Bennett+1st

:laugh:

Nucks also got the squeeze put on them when Kesler limited the teams to the Hawks and Ducks

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
And play who on defense? I guess they could take Fleury at #6 and add a winger at #24, but I think they'd be better off keeping Kulikov and Gudbranson and drafting Ekblad imo.

Why do they need to draft defense? Kulikov, Gudbranson is a fine starting point. If they did that trade and picked up Garrison, along with keeping Campbell, their top 4 is set. Then they can pick up a winger at #6 and BPA at 24. It's a deal that actually makes some sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany