Salary Cap: 2014-15 Roster Building Thread X | ALL UFA + TRADE IDEAS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLM

Aug 2, 2005
All the van media today are putting their money on Kesler to the Ducks. Sounds like its a 2 horse race between them and the Hawks but apparently there is a 3rd team making a pitch that no one knows who it is

saw that clb was trying for him but they are not on his list

Klifton

May 30, 2014
Wahoo, Nebraska
Ok guys, hang on. I am getting an incoming report from an unnamed source...

I receiving reports that Rossi is a Putz...

Ok, I now have confirmation that Rossi is in fact, a putz.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I have sources that tell me iced capps are much better in Canada, than Pittsburgh.

I can't name my source, but I'm married to her.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
FOC (Friend Of Crosby).

Also, he has a very low cap hit for what he brings.

Also would be the only one of our mid thirties players (aside from Martin) who would bring back anything of value in addition to cap space.

And I don't buy the Crosby buddy thing anymore. From everything I've read and heard, they don't give a **** what Sid and Geno think about the roster.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Cap only at $68M per Lavoie.

But sides still negotiating.
Was interested to see report from Friedman earlier today that they're actually discussing whether to factor in the new Canadian TV deal into the HRR calculations a year early to allow teams to spend more this summer. So I guess that's one of the things they're still talking about.

It's a dicey call for the PA because they'd probably get hammered by escrow if they do agree to incorporate that this year.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
And I think as we all expected, the Kesler-to-Pittsburgh scheme died along with the Shero era. LeBrun and Dreger both reporting deal coming between Canucks and Ducks.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
$68 million we could deal with, not ideal but would be ok for us. But a few teams will be in a real sweat. The Flyers come to mind. But Boston too. They still owe $4 million of cap space to Iggy from paying him such a small base salary last year and him achieving all of the individual and team bonuses. So their cap is actually $64 million this year if this holds up. Could get ugly there.

Quatro Quatro

May 29, 2014
The Kesler deal should free some things up. I'm guessing a lot of teams were waiting to see what was happening there.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
You guys beat my too it. I really wanted Kesler, but only because I loved him as a player before the rumors (pre-TDL). I knew Anaheim just had the better pieces for it.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Was interested to see report from Friedman earlier today that they're actually discussing whether to factor in the new Canadian TV deal into the HRR calculations a year early to allow teams to spend more this summer. So I guess that's one of the things they're still talking about.

It's a dicey call for the PA because they'd probably get hammered by escrow if they do agree to incorporate that this year.

Yes and no. They agree to include it, and it bumps the cap up to 69.5m (or whatever). At some point (July 2014, or whenever the contract says) the NHL gets the money from Rogers for the TV deal. Then at the end of the season, when they calculate escrow/final revenue numbers, all it does is means that it should be a truer number. Sure some players will get hit with escrow, but it won't be a massive hit. Sure it would be larger than if they didn't include the TV money now, but that also has impacts on the players. The NHLPA isn't worried about the escrow hit, they want players to be able to secure the largest contracts possible... and for that to happen, they need the cap to go as high as possible.

Quatro Quatro

May 29, 2014
Do you all think this sets the market? Doesn't seem like a great deal for Vancouver but it could be good news for teams looking to buy.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Shame but glad he didn't go to Chicago

Although Stastny probs will.

Who do we go for now? Kane?

penguins2946*

So much for Bennett, Pouliot and a 1st for Kesler or Etem, Theodore and the #10 pick like some Canucks fans wanted. This just shows that HF massively overrates their players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad