Pre-Game Talk: 2014-15 Playoffs - SCF: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Really excited for this one. Whether the Lightning win or lose, this series should be a lot closer than some people think. I think it will go at least six games.
Honestly, I wouldn't be super upset if we lost. At the very least, we'd get to see Brad Richards finally win a second Stanley Cup.

The team will learn a lot from the Hawks. If we lose at least it won't be like we were heavy favorites and choked, lol.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Those *******s on the main board sucked me back in.

GO BOLTS!!

Do it for each other, for pride and history and also so I can look back upon the main playoff boards and laugh my ass off.

Mr Pipe

Mar 1, 2008
Just got tickets to game 6 in Chicago. Go BOLTS

Although to be honest I would love to see either team win while I was at the game

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
We are going to get blown out! We don't even belong on the same level. I mean blown out with excitement we somehow beat the alright Hawks. The Hawks are not going to be able to fly in the Thunderstorms approaching.

MrWilson*

This is Tampa's series to lose. I don't think they will be outcoached or out-goaltended. Can't see how they will be outsized or out-skilled or skated or out-hustled. How can they lose??

If they get spooked by all the Hawke hype and crap about 'dynasties' and so on and so forth or get rattled by whatever superfluous BS is spouted about their captain, they could falter, and against the Hawkes, there is no room for that.

Chicago has one thing on Tampa--experience. So, take the experience out of the game, ASAP. You're gonna lose a game in this series. Sweeping the Hawkes won't happen. Lose it by taking aim at their core. Pound the body until the hands drop and then knock 'em out. :yo:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
The main boards are just crazy with some of the stuff I am reading. It has led me to ask the question "Is there an HF rule that if you are going to be a delusional homer you must put "reality" in your username?" Just curious.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL

GO BOLTS!!

Do it for each other, for pride and history and also so I can look back upon the main playoff boards and laugh my ass off.

You want fun, go to the Facebook posts. Talk about trolls, everyone who has ever trolled is there. Innumerable sweep posts and a bevy of we can't wear our Hawks jerseys in their arena. Talk about crying jeez...than add in arrogance too!

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida

GO BOLTS!!

I've had to make more snarky comments on there than I'd prefer to make. Oh well. Such is the main boards.

The main boards are just crazy with some of the stuff I am reading. It has led me to ask the question "Is there an HF rule that if you are going to be a delusional homer you must put "reality" in your username?" Just curious.

:laugh:

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
So now Stamkos, Bishop, Cooper and the rest of the coaching staff "sound defeated".

I'm not sure whether to quake in my boots or feel sorry for the poor Hawks fans who are suffering from some kind of mass ear to brain malfunction.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Lol that's hilarious. :laugh:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Melrose is SUCH AN *******! God it's to the point where he's correcting Marty Biron for saying TBL was up to the challenge of facing the Hawks because they overcame their own share of adversity in their 2 previous rounds. And apparently opening on the road in the SCF and even media day is a Chicago advantage because they've been there done that.

I'll bet if we were in Chicago it would be advantage Hawks because of their home record. What a tool.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Melrose is SUCH AN *******! God it's to the point where he's correcting Marty Biron for saying TBL was up to the challenge of facing the Hawks because they overcame their own share of adversity in their 2 previous rounds. And apparently opening on the road in the SCF and even media day is a Chicago advantage because they've been there done that.

I'll bet if we were in Chicago it would be advantage Hawks because of their home record. What a tool.

Melrose is 0-3 would love to make him 0-4.

abt424

Apr 4, 2012
Austin
Main board doesn't know anything.

This is going to be a great series. I think it has a very good chance of being a better SCF series than the Hawks had against Philly ('10) and Boston ('13), and that's saying something because the Boston series was great.

I expect the hockey will be beautiful (probably after Game 1 as nerves probably will show themselves at the start of the series) with open ice and end-to-end action.

Teams with speed and skill give Chicago fits, and, as you all know, those things are exactly what Tampa has.

icejolt18

Apr 10, 2014
I hope the Bolts video guy edits together one continuous clip of Melrose picking Detroit, Montreal, New York, and then Chicago, and then plays it for Stamkos. Get him all riled up after Melrose benched Stamkos in his rookie year. But that would be a funny clip.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Unlikely to change from the last series

Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Killorn-Filppula-Stamkos
Paquette-Boyle-Callahan
Morrow-Brown

Hedman-Stralman
Garrison-Coburn
Carle-Sustr
Nesterov

I'm going to throw a monkey wrench into that projection; don't be shocked if Drouin shows up with Morrow and Brown in game one if Boyle is 100% healthy.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
(Not so) good luck to you guys, but here's to hoping for a great series!

I always pick hawks in 6 :)laugh:) but I was definitely hoping for the Rangers not because of the Original 6, but because I think you guys are going to be ****ing hard to beat.

If this goes 7....I might die.

Last edited:

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Wow. Just about no one is giving us a shot in this series. I know we're the underdogs, but absolutely everyone is picking the Hawks to win pretty handily. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad