Pre-Game Talk: 2014-15 Playoffs - SCF: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Hawks just for the earlier starts.

All the folks saying any eastern team would be murdered by any western team... Don't forget that the Lightning beat Detroit in a very tough, grinding series in round one. Detroit with Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Kronwall and Babcock as the core, a very western conference type team. I'm not saying I love their chances against the Ducks or Hawks, but nothing is guaranteed!

Klutch86

Dec 27, 2014
Holy **** gotta stay off the main boards. Might as well not even play since we are apparently a AHL team compared to the mighty mighty west :sarcasm:

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I wanted the Ducks to win if we didn't, but now that we have...

Give me Chicago, baby. Another O6 team to toss off the mountain, and a near dynasty team, to boot!

:)laugh: the song that plays)

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I never get to see the Lightning in person so I'm incredibly excited to see them in the SCF here in the West. I know they'll make me proud especially since they mostly seem to suck at home in this post-season :laugh:

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
They said we couldn't come back against Detroit.
They said we could never beat the MVP, Carey Price.
They said we would never win game 7 at MSG.
And now they say we don't stand a chance against the West.

Keep doubting.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
No real preference. Considering we just beat better goalies than what the West offers in all three rounds, we'll light them all up just the same.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Tampa is the first team in NHL history to beat 3 O6 teams in a row in the playoffs, so impressed with our team since playing O6 teams means that you're playing big market teams which can sometimes mean that you don't have the reffing on your side, but who cares, love how our team have been able to handle that and not let it get to them.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
'Hawks because:

1) I picked CHI-TB before the playoffs began
2) Screw the Ducks
3) Chicago is the team of the NHL since 2009 and I would love if TB had a six year spell similar to Chicago's last six. My admiration for them is incredible.
4) With the way they're burning their D's into the ground, I can imagine some skating dominance there for Tampa Bay
5) Sexy, sexy hockey. The games will be lovelier to watch than the games would be against Anaheim.

If you want to be the best, you gotta beat the best. I want Chicago.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
Also... Southeast Division pride or something? :laugh:

Congrats. This wasn't supposed to happen. You shocked (EDIT: I didn't mean to do this I feel lame now) everyone... that's gotta feel good.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I still can't freaking believe it!

Our young ass team is playing for all the glory!

Btw...I love the fact that we "have no chance" vs the west.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT

You guys are winning the cup. Don't listen to the whole West>>>East bs. In Stamkos I trust. Bring glory back to the Eastern Conference.

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia

We're screwed, might as well pack it in and hit the golf course.

Not bothered on who we play in the SCF. I like our chances of containing the Hawks offense but on the other hand, I feel like we could really take advantage of the Ducks' blueline being so young.

Either way bring on the Stanley Cup Finals :yo:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i want the hawks I want to be only team in history to beat four original six teams to win the cup.

I know they wont go quietly and they will play us down to wire but want that status and also hate idea of getzlaf and perry against us they will be a problem at net

we can beat anyone need to play hard and really do what we have done most of the year :)

Beleafer19

Apr 25, 2013
Hawks just for the earlier starts.

All the folks saying any eastern team would be murdered by any western team... Don't forget that the Lightning beat Detroit in a very tough, grinding series in round one. Detroit with Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Kronwall and Babcock as the core, a very western conference type team. I'm not saying I love their chances against the Ducks or Hawks, but nothing is guaranteed!

Likely all games will start at 8 regardless of where they play. The NHL has done that both times when the Kings were in the cup final.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
The Bolts can beat anyone in the league if they learn to play like they played in DET gm7, MTL gm6 and NYR gms 5 and 7 consistently.

Not a team in the league should feel comfortable once that happens. Will it happen this year? Maybe, maybe not.

It's all gravy guys. No way did I think, at the start of the year, we'd be 4 wins from the Cup. I was expecting 2nd round deep with maybe a chance going further. The team started to grow and learn on the fly though and managed to implement things from game to game that work in the Playoffs. 100% buy-in. 100% belief in the guys next to you and the willingness to play for the guys next to you.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
All games start at 8 no matter the opponent.

I think TB could beat either of them but I think they would have an "easier" time with Chicago.

Both Chicago and Anaheim have good forward groups. Anaheim is more physical overall, Chicago is more skilled overall. But Anaheim has some great defensemen top to bottom, Chicago has like 3, maybe 4. I feel as though our guys would completely wear them down.

As for goaltending, neither Andersen nor Crawford are better than Bishop. Both can be inconsistent as well. And playing either of them is going to seem like a cakewalk compared to having to go through Price and Lundqvist. :laugh:

The other big thing is if we play Chicago, we get home ice. Although that hasnt worked out too well for us these playoffs after being the best home team in the league. So weird.

Ill take TB over Chicago or Anaheim in 6. We can do this!!

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Congratulations guys. The team and their fans really deserve it this year. All the series wins were battles and plenty of dominating games played. Now go win the cup! First time in a long time I've wanted the team that beat us to win the cup but the team is playing really great hockey.

I've said it since the start, the whole "east has no chance" bit is a farce. Especially now with Tampa Bay being in the finals, IMO the lightning match up very well against western teams. I'm happy a team with some serious fire power is making it rather than a boring NJ style of hockey. In my eyes Tampa are the favorites but in the eyes of many they are the underdog. It's going to be the toughest series for sure, Anaheim and Chicago are going to be a real test but the lightning but I think if any team can win it, it's your team!

No question in my mind also that Stevie Y is the GM of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad