Pre-Game Talk: 2014-15 Playoffs - SCF: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yup, use our speed. Basically, we can't sit back and think, clog it up and wait for our skill to win, because we don't have a skill advantage in this series. We do however have the edge on speed. Tyler has to skate his ass off, Stammer has to skate his ass off and get bums like Pac out of the line up for someone who can move their feet, JAM or Drouin.

I think Paquette should just be moved to the 4th line away from Callahan. He is still good on the PK and we need him there. As per 5 on 5, him and Cally have no chemisty. Callahan had a very good game, and thought Paquette was good, but they don't mesh, and that line needs a possession/playmaker guy who is also a two-way player, and that is where the issue of Drouin makes things such a dilemma, because Coop does not trust him defensivley.

Coop is looking to only roll two scorling line, and I think it will finally catch up to us in this series. Cooper was praising the 3rd line and that pretty much means nothing is going to change. I don't expect that line to score if it stays the same, but maybe they will get lucky, lol. Who knows I don't even know what to think anymore.

Anyway, what I was hoping for...

Killorn - Flip - Stamkos
Palat - Johnson - Kucherov
Drouin - Boyle - Callahan
Morrow - Paquette - Brown

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I think Paquette should just be moved to the 4th line away from Callahan. He is still good on the PK and we need him there. As per 5 on 5, him and Cally have no chemisty. Callahan had a very good game, and thought Paquette was good, but they don't mesh, and that line needs a possession/playmaker guy who is also a two-way player, and that is where the issue of Drouin makes things such a dilemma, because Coop does not trust him defensivley.

Coop is looking to only roll two scorling line, and I think it will finally catch up to us in this series. Cooper was praising the 3rd line and that pretty much means nothing is going to change. I don't expect that line to score if it stays the same, but maybe they will get lucky, lol. Who knows I don't even know what to think anymore.

Anyway, what I was hoping for...

Killorn - Flip - Stamkos
Palat - Johnson - Kucherov
Drouin - Boyle - Callahan
Morrow - Paquette - Brown

To be fair, Cooper praises everyone on the team quite frequently. Except #27.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Noticed Johnson having a hard time outskating Keith-Hjalmarsson, this isn't like playing against Girardi, Staal, Kronwall, or Markov, they haven't played against a pairing that has 2 great skaters on it.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Noticed Johnson having a hard time outskating Keith-Hjalmarsson, this isn't like playing against Girardi, Staal, Kronwall, or Markov, they haven't played against a pairing that has 2 great skaters on it.

For some reason, he really hasn't looked as explosive in his skating the last 6 or 7 games. I'm not sure why, but he hasn't been able to blow by/outskate people like he usually does.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
The way we played in the 1st period - that's what I want to see for 60 minutes!

Hard to sustain that but agreed. I think the team just looked nervous in the 3rd, sign of a team that hadn't been there after the initial excitement wore off. Execution was a big issue, in the first passes were crisp and on target. The transition game in the neutral zone was quick and the Hawks were overwhelmed by the forecheck. As the game went on we couldn't make accurate passes to save our lives, much less string a couple together and generate an attack. We defended the Hawks well but getting out of the zone and transitioning to offense has to be a lot better.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I'm going to keep repeating myself until Cooper listens, WE HAVE TO USE OUR SPEED, period. Stick Jam or Drouin in the line-up, make sure we attack north-south 100%. None of this, let's sit back and block shots and play lazy/jam up the neutral zone/let them have the puck. The same strategy we used against the Rangers won't work because the Blackhawks have several top offensive players. Get out of your stupor, boys.

We will be down 3-0 before cooper understands that! I feel like he is our Dennis savard before they replaced him with coach q. I have no idea how cooper took this team this far.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Yup, use our speed. Basically, we can't sit back and think, clog it up and wait for our skill to win, because we don't have a skill advantage in this series. We do however have the edge on speed. Tyler has to skate his ass off, Stammer has to skate his ass off and get bums like Pac out of the line up for someone who can move their feet, JAM or Drouin.

whose JAM?

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
I said it before we knew who our opponent was, and still believe, the time to move Stamkos back to center is yesterday. Depth down the middle is a strength we've been able to lean on all year. Its tough to match up against, even when Stamkos was slumping. Stamkos is the better center option than Paquette, especially in comparison to Chicago's depth down the middle. Keeping Steven chained to Flip allows the Blackhawk top 4 D to focus two lines instead of three. We want to get 'someone' good opportunities versus Chicago's 3rd D pairing.

TKO
KFC
Drouin-Stamkos-Paq
Morrow-Boyle-Brown

Get some 04 victor in the locker room pregame to recycle some "Safe is death!" to these guys, then go out and attack their way to victory!

p.s Also still loving the despair, doubt, and hopelessness at every dip in this wild ride that the negative nancies need to put on display. Does preempting, predicting, or preparing for failure and letdown lessen its impact on you?

I mean, why bother getting down before it's done?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Yup, plus he's probably not 100%. Just seemed a little off.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Gotta come out like they just ate a handful of ghost peppers, with their butts on fire.

Also got to capitalize on whatever chances they get, as game 1 could've easily been 3-0 before Chicago scored.

And for the love of Pete, STAY ON THE THROTTLE!!! Play 60 solid minutes not 58.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

For some reason, he really hasn't looked as explosive in his skating the last 6 or 7 games. I'm not sure why, but he hasn't been able to blow by/outskate people like he usually does.

Yup, plus he's probably not 100%. Just seemed a little off.

I think TJ is a bit injured

Been thinking this as well, also with Kucherov. I know the line still put up good point totals against the Rangers, but they really haven't seemed like a factor the way they did against Detroit and Montreal. TJ and Kuch have really been getting bumped and hacked a lot and I think it's taking a toll. All of that attention has allowed the Stamkos line to break out though, so it's a bit of give and take.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I said it before we knew who our opponent was, and still believe, the time to move Stamkos back to center is yesterday. Depth down the middle is a strength we've been able to lean on all year. Its tough to match up against, even when Stamkos was slumping. Stamkos is the better center option than Paquette, especially in comparison to Chicago's depth down the middle. Keeping Steven chained to Flip allows the Blackhawk top 4 D to focus two lines instead of three. We want to get 'someone' good opportunities versus Chicago's 3rd D pairing.

TKO
KFC
Drouin-Stamkos-Paq
Morrow-Boyle-Brown

Get some 04 victor in the locker room pregame to recycle some "Safe is death!" to these guys, then go out and attack their way to victory!

p.s Also still loving the despair, doubt, and hopelessness at every dip in this wild ride that the negative nancies need to put on display. Does preempting, predicting, or preparing for failure and letdown lessen its impact on you?

I mean, why bother getting down before it's done?

Well yeah, that'd be a smart line-up but have we ever seen Coop make that many line-up changes from one game to the next? I sure don't think so. Plus, you're asking for a small miracle with him actually playing Drouin.

geezerpk

Jan 15, 2015
Likely hood of Drouin playing : -150%. Instead we shall get...MORROW!!!!

#JustCoopThings
Beginning to sound just like NFL. The most popular player on the team is the backup quarterback. Drouin didn't really impress in the regular season, why should he do a turnaround in the post season?

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
He played a lot of bottom 6 with limited minutes and still put up a good number of points all while being told to play a more defensively sound game and being tethered by Cooper. I think people just want to see if he'd be an upgrade over Paquette, Morrow, Namestnikov who have all been mostly bad to underwhelming. So why the **** not see if your young, offensively gifted, potential superstar could do something those other 3 haven't been able to do? The play both nets thing is just Cooper BS.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
the drouin thing ive agreed with and spoke my piece but is two way slate

is all about the money imho is simple in that he is held out so can keep contract in health playing no power play really and lower lines was almost at 0.5 per game is he ready sure can we afford him to come on so he costs 5 million on a long term deal 3 years or more on next contract ?? that is why he is held back at this point

we want to get him the palat johnson deals

just like now we hope to keep kucherov at that level is business many of us will not agree in this regards i sure as hell dont kucherov got some playing time in playoffs hell he had 18 minute games what they are doing to drouin at this point is borderline criminal lol but i get the business side so will live with it

i want us at the top the next 10 seasons not just this one

you cannot tell me he cant play as well as morrow lol is what it is ive moved on myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad