Pre-Game Talk: 2014-15 Playoffs - ECSF: Montreal Canadiens vs Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Im the Preds fan who joined the bandwagon before the playoffs began. Knowing the Preds were a 1 and done. please refer to my bracket im still confident.

View attachment 82679

Last edited:

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Johnson is due for a huge payday

Don't remind us. Johnson and Palat are under control for the next two seasons which is relieving.

Years of control (R indicates restricted free agency, U indicates unrestricted):
0R Namestnikov, Vladislav
0R Barberio, Mark
0R Sustr, Andrej
0U Morrow, Brenden
---
1R Killorn, Alex
1R Brown, J.T.
1R Paquette, Cedric
1R Kucherov, Nikita
1R Nesterov, Nikita
1R Gudlevskis, Kristers
1U Stamkos, Steven
1U Coburn, Braydon
---
2R Johnson, Tyler
2R Palat, Ondrej
2R Drouin, Jonathan
2R Vasilevskiy, Andrei
2R Koekkoek, Slater
2U Boyle, Brian
2U Hedman, Victor
2U Bishop, Ben
---
3R Erne, Adam
3U Filppula, Valtteri
3U Carle, Matthew
3U Garrison, Jason
4U Stralman, Anton
5U Callahan, Ryan

You can see the off-season 2 seasons from now is going to be a significant one for the team as some of our best young talent is in that group. Given our cap position, I'm not convinced Tyler Johnson, Ondrej Palat, Jonathan Drouin, and Nikita Kucherov will all be on the team the next season. If they are, that would leave only 2 out of 6 top line spots for Filppula, Callahan and Stamkos (if he resigns).

Last edited:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
God he was brutal tonight. I was wondering where that Carle was - glad he showed up...

Brutal indeed, at one point he turned the puck over in the neutral all alone and we spent the next 30 seconds in our own zone facing shots and ended up shorthanded (iirc). A game of inches as Cooper likes to say, a similar **** up could cost us dearly against a team with a semblance of finish.

I want to believe SFY sees what we all see. Trading Carle in the off-season is a must do, and this for a myriad of reasons.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Don't remind us. Johnson and Palat are under control for the next two seasons which is relieving.

Years of control (R indicates restricted free agency, U indicates unrestricted):
0R Namestnikov, Vladislav
0R Barberio, Mark
0R Sustr, Andrej
0U Morrow, Brenden
---
1R Killorn, Alex
1R Brown, J.T.
1R Paquette, Cedric
1R Kucherov, Nikita
1R Nesterov, Nikita
1R Gudlevskis, Kristers
1U Stamkos, Steven
1U Coburn, Braydon
---
2R Johnson, Tyler
2R Palat, Ondrej
2R Drouin, Jonathan
2R Vasilevskiy, Andrei
2R Koekkoek, Slater
2U Boyle, Brian
2U Hedman, Victor
2U Bishop, Ben
---
3R Erne, Adam
3U Filppula, Valtteri
3U Carle, Matthew
3U Garrison, Jason
4U Stralman, Anton
5U Callahan, Ryan

You can see the off-season 2 seasons from now is going to be a significant one for the team as some of our best young talent is in that group. Given our cap position, I'm not convinced Tyler Johnson, Ondrej Palat, Jonathan Drouin, and Nikita Kucherov will all be on the team the next season. If they are, that would leave only 2 out of 6 top line spots for Filppula, Callahan and Stamkos (if he resigns).
flipper and carle will be traded by then! we will keep johnson, palat, drouin, kucherov and stamkos. I even fell killorn will stick around for 3 million a season.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
can pretty much say palat and johnson want to stay here long term! I think stevie will sell these guys on winning a few cups and sticking around.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It's tough to say this when a team is most likely going to beat yours but unlike our previous opponents, if lightning win series, I hope you win the cup. I had you winning it when I made my NHL bracket challenge. So underrated as a team.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'm just hoping Carle got all that repressed incompetence out of his system last night. It's the first time he looked really, REALLY bad this playoffs.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm just hoping Carle got all that repressed incompetence out of his system last night. It's the first time he looked really, REALLY bad this playoffs.

Sustr has been surprisingly very good.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
It's tough to say this when a team is most likely going to beat yours but unlike our previous opponents, if lightning win series, I hope you win the cup. I had you winning it when I made my NHL bracket challenge. So underrated as a team.

Appreciate the sentiment. I didn't pick us to make a real cup run this year. I think we're still learning what is required to seriously threaten. You can tell by the inconsistency in play. The level of play from game to game fluctuates far too much for them to seriously challenge I think. (hope I'm wrong of course)

If we complete the 2nd round and move on and face the Caps, I don't like our chances much. I was hoping that they'd get knocked out prior to the ECF, but it doesn't look that way. They can play the slow it down western lean on everyone and grind it hockey, but they have world class finishers and 3 truly good scoring lines right now with Ovie/Backstrom on 1, Kuznetsov on another and the 3B's line. Holtby is the best goaltender remaining in the playoffs judged by his current play. He's seriously in a zone right now.

The Caps D is the equal or slightly better than that of the Rangers and I think Tampa loses that matchup as well.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Rooting for Caps ... it would be great to beat the crap out of MSL. But...we'd have home field advantage in the ECF and have a higher draft pick in the first round as a result.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...bishop/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
“I think Bishop sort of was sitting on a horseshoe for a little bit there,” Subban said, per CP. “He’s played well, but he’s been lucky, as well.

“I think seeing him being pulled out of the net is a confidence booster for our team.”

Today, Lightning head coach Jon Cooper addressed the remarks.

“He may be right — or Ben might be a good goalie,” Cooper said, per the Tampa Bay Times. “P.K. is a character, he’s a fun guy to have in the league for statements like that.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad