Pre-Game Talk: 2014-15 Playoffs - ECSF: Montreal Canadiens vs Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I will start by saying I love the fact we start the series on the road. I think we match-up a lot better against Montréal than Detroit but still with Price, Subban and company they're here for a good reason. Do not underestimate them, a long series should be expected. Special teams will have their usual importance, so I hope Cooper keeps that 7 dmen line-up.

PS: I want Palat to enter beastmode so bad.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Sens fan crashing the party and just want to wish you guys the best of luck!! Please beat the **** out of Subann! :D

Go Lightning Go!! :yo:

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Bolts in 6, unless Price goes full Jebus mode. We also have to make some adjustments to beat their quasi-trap nonsense. Get to the center of the ice, in the slot and a good shooter can beat any goalie.

Our forwards are better and our D is better. Price gives them an edge in net but Bishop might be riding high after a huge, series-clinching shutout win.

Houdas

Mining the Lightning
Aug 17, 2014
Prague/Ostrava
Damn, wanted to go with tampa in 5 but but didn't notice it was tampa loses in 5.

I am very faithful about this series. Guys know how to play montreal somehow so positive outcome of the series is quite a lot probable

LightningStrikeAgain

Apr 27, 2015
Im very confident about this series going forward because the knowledge and experience we just gained from this series vs the DRW going 7 games will be tremendous! add in last years playoffs early exit with this young team and you find a recipe thatll come flying out game 1. They will play with a lot more confidence going forward and most importantly have some fun and show some swagger of why we where the highest scoring team in the nhl this year. Price is an amazing goalie no doubt about that but i feel if we play our game and now with this added experience we are going to be deadly!!:yo:

Bedford Bolt

Nov 2, 2013
UK
Can someone quickly explain what a quasi-trap is?!

Anyway bolts in 6, price is good but can't stop em all.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So here we are Round 2. Our PP needs to start cashing in, and it looked good last game, I think this series will be about how Bishop and Price do. Bishop seems to raise his game when he faces Montreal, and after totally dominating in a Game 7, and winning his first playoff series, the nerves have had to settle and his confidence has certainly gotten higher. If we can continue to figure out Price then we should be able to take this series.

Just have to play our game and if Stamkos starts scoring, we will be a serious threat on multiple lines.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I admit I was overconfident going into the Detroit series and had my eyes opened big time. Yet it is hard for me not to be over confidant again with this series with how we have played them since Bishop joined up. His stats and the team overall vs. Montreal are crazy good. While Montreal and especially Prices vs. us are..."human". Even with what happened last year I still am of the mind set this will be a Victory for the Lightning and a couple games faster than vs. Detroit.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Price and his ref fanboys give the Habs 2 wins, but they can't hang with us for the rest.

I want to sweep them so bad though. Would be nice if we just completely annihilated them in every game.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Love the obnoxious Habs fans. Will be that much sweeter when we beat them. Hedman isn't even a top 30 D, and can't even sniff Subban's jock. Habs' D is lightyears better than the Bolts...

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
Love the obnoxious Habs fans. Will be that much sweeter when we beat them. Hedman isn't even a top 30 D, and can't even sniff Subban's jock. Habs' D is lightyears better than the Bolts...

Yea from what i can see on the habs boards, there is some serious underrating of hedman. They say hes not a #1 defensemen.:laugh:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Yea from what i can see on the habs boards, there is some serious underrating of hedman. They say hes not a #1 defensemen.:laugh:

Out of all the things they are overrating our Defense shouldn't be one of them. Our D has been very good lately. They could overrate our offense because they haven't been as good as they could be so far in the playoffs but our D has been really good.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So lines to roll, what do you think...

Killorn - Stamkos - Callahan
Palat - Johnson - Kucherov
Paquette/Drouin??? - Flip - Boyle
Morrow - Names/Paquette - Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events