Pre-Game Talk: 2014-15 Playoffs - ECQF: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Detroit Red Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I don't understand the logic behind some of these posts. The series is at 2-1 due in part to the efforts of both teams.

Say for example, the goal posts. Almost a goal right? Well, not really. What I'm trying to say is that a good goalie can block enough of the net to force a shooter put the puck away from him to the outside which can not possibly go in. Hitting the post causes all of our hearts to jump one way or another but as close as it is, it doesn't go in.

How about the passing issues the lightning are having? Same could be said about the Wings in game 1. I'm sure part of it is the team, but I'd be willing to bet that its more the play of the other team that's forcing plays which results in turnovers.

Overall, right now the difference in this series is Game 1. Mrazek stole that game (holy crap a wings goalie did that?!?!). Had he not, Tampa may well be up 2-1

This fanbase is bi-polar. Of course most fans are, especially during the playoffs, but since Lightning fans used to make a big deal of laughing at other fanbases for doing it, it's puzzling.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
This fanbase is bi-polar. Of course most fans are, especially during the playoffs, but since Lightning fans used to make a big deal of laughing at other fanbases for doing it, it's puzzling.

That's true, in part, but we have a surprising situation to me. Coop simply refusing to make any changes may sink our ship, and if it does, it's beyond fair to be mega-pissed at him. Unless he guesses right and we pull a 180, aka win the series and see Stamkos play well, it's burned a lot of capital he had.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
That's true, in part, but we have a surprising situation to me. Coop simply refusing to make any changes may sink our ship, and if it does, it's beyond fair to be mega-pissed at him. Unless he guesses right and we pull a 180, aka win the series and see Stamkos play well, it's burned a lot of capital he had.

Its pretty funny. I will be the 1st to admit that I am one of the fans that does this. Tonight when all hope was lost and Tampa had nothing going for them with 5 minutes left I gave up. I was ****ed and was just tired with the poor effort but my god its moments like that and players like Johnson that make me a happy and proud Lightning fan. My god what a playoff moment.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Its pretty funny. I will be the 1st to admit that I am one of the fans that does this. Tonight when all hope was lost and Tampa had nothing going for them with 5 minutes left I gave up. I was ****ed and was just tired with the poor effort but my god its moments like that and players like Johnson that make me a happy and proud Lightning fan. My god what a playoff moment.

Oh ****, I was as bad as anybody.

The difference is, I KNOW I do it.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
When I last had an update, about four hours before puck drop, the news I had was only that Garrison might be a go, but no news about Drouin. Was bummed by that.

Had to listen to most of the first on radio. Heard Mishkin name drop Garrison, Sustr, Nesterov, and Drouin, which was perfect. Meant 11/7, healthy Garrison, #FreedDrouin, and Nesterov still on that 2nd PP unit. Perfect.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well, one more experience down. They've checked the "OT Win" box.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Ahem. I would like to point out that Cooper has now won TWO playoff games in the NHL.

It changes everything.

This is what we needed to see from Coop. He started changing things up, and it worked. Even before the goals we were getting some good shifts. This is the kind of in-game adjustments that those of us who were criticizing were hoping for.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Oh ****, I was as bad as anybody.

The difference is, I KNOW I do it.

:laugh: Yeup I'm with you on that, I can be pretty bad sometimes and I just put my foot in my own mouth sometimes :nod:

Johnson + Palat should be in Tampa for as long as possible those two have been nothing short of spectacular. They threw in Kuch this season. We have a NEW "Big 3" (Used to be MSL, Vinny & Stamkos, now its TKO)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Time on ice through 4 games

Tyler Johnson: 19:13
Steven Stamkos: 17:35

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Time on ice through 4 games

Tyler Johnson: 19:13
Steven Stamkos: 17:35

There's obviously been good reason for that, but we need to get Stammer's ice-time further right now. He needs to be put on 3rd line minutes until he begins to play better.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

It's embarrassing. If I didn't know butter I'd say there are a lot of bandwagoners/newbie fans who know nothing about playoff hockey. There are massive momentum shifts in the playoffs, every goal is huge, and every win/loss can be a series clincher. You aren't a fan if you go chicken little so quickly.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
It's embarrassing. If I didn't know butter I'd say there are a lot of bandwagoners/newbie fans who know nothing about playoff hockey. There are massive momentum shifts in the playoffs, every goal is huge, and every win/loss can be a series clincher. You aren't a fan if you go chicken little so quickly.

I wouldn't call anyone here "chicken little" during last night's game.

The posts about firing Cooper/Yzerman on the other hand, sure. Those are a bit absurd.

Last night's game took obvious despair and pounded it down with hope.

On the road against a goalie who had shut us out the game before and the game before that in the same arena, down by two goals with less than 7minutes left in a series we're down 2-1 in. That's end of season, book the tee times territory. At that point, beyond the reverse jinx stuff, it's easy to see why people who are emotionally invested (fanatics) would get down or be needing a hero to give them hope. I can't blame a single fan who felt that it was over prior to Kucherov's hellacious backcheck on Tatar, TJ's pylonizing of Helm, TJ's sick feed to Palat making Erickson look stupid and Hedman's 3 on 1 feed to TJ at the back post. **** was grim. Then it wasn't.

TJ did that. That's how legends are created. Took us from the pit of despair to the light in under 5minutes of hockey.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
TKO
KFC
Drouin-Stamkos-Brown
Boyle-Paquette

7D

I want this also, if Cally are Killer are going to have any chance to pot some goals, they need to be off the Stamkos line. I cannot believe how bad Stamkos has been that he is actually bringing down the line. It sounds crazy, but this is what it has come down to.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Safe to say the rest of the league is now aware of Tyler Johnson?

Such an under the radar star all season. The early assist streak, hanging in the top 10 all year, quietly made the all-star game... but still nobody really talking about him.

I think the secret is out now!

Bolto

?
Nov 3, 2006
Spring Hill, FL
Johnson + Palat should be in Tampa for as long as possible those two have been nothing short of spectacular. They threw in Kuch this season. We have a NEW "Big 3" (Used to be MSL, Vinny & Stamkos, now its TKO)

When I remember the original big three it was Vinny, MSL and Brad.

As for me last night I was totally negative up until Johnny scored the first goal, then I got excited, then I had a hockey orgasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad