Pre-Game Talk: 2014-15 Playoffs - ECQF: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Detroit Red Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
I keep hearing on the local radio the game will be Thursday night, but the schedule still hasn't been officially released. I know there is a concert at Amalie Arena on Wednesday, which is why the game is pushed a day later than the playoff start date. Is there a possibility it could be even later based on our match up?

Reason for the question is my best friend and his wife work weekends at Tampa General 16/12/12 shift. We got 4 tickets but they are all freaked out about it getting moved, and having to miss/resell tickets. Trying to give them any reassurance.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I keep hearing on the local radio the game will be Thursday night, but the schedule still hasn't been officially released. I know there is a concert at Amalie Arena on Wednesday, which is why the game is pushed a day later than the playoff start date. Is there a possibility it could be even later based on our match up?

Reason for the question is my best friend and his wife work weekends at Tampa General 16/12/12 shift. We got 4 tickets but they are all freaked out about it getting moved, and having to miss/resell tickets. Trying to give them any reassurance.

I don't see any reason to push game 1 to the 3rd day of the playoffs. It should be on the 16th. They'll have four games on the 15th and four games on the 16th, that way they have four games a night for at least eight days.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
That's logical but it's not a sure thing. In several different years, the NHL has followed a 3/4/1 format in when Game 1 of a first round series is. That is, like last year for example, three series' began on Wednesday (MTL-TB, CBJ-PIT, DAL-ANA), four began on Thursday, and then the final one (DET-BOS) began on Friday. I know the same thing happened in 2008. I'm not entirely remembering the years in between.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
That's logical but it's not a sure thing. In several different years, the NHL has followed a 3/4/1 format in when Game 1 of a first round series is. That is, like last year for example, three series' began on Wednesday (MTL-TB, CBJ-PIT, DAL-ANA), four began on Thursday, and then the final one (DET-BOS) began on Friday. I know the same thing happened in 2008. I'm not entirely remembering the years in between.

Was there a reason DET-BOS was delayed 2 days?

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
The game pretty much has to be on the 16th.

Amalie Arena has The Who concert on the 15th and a TB Storm game on the 17th.

Then if you went on an every other day schedule it would be 16th, 18th, two road games on 20th, and 22nd. Then game 5 at home would have to skip an extra day because Rockfest is at Amalie on the 24th. So game 5 would prob be the 25th.

This assumes whoever the opponent is, doesn't have any scheduling conflicts with their two dates.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I bet on the game being thursday or Saturday. I work Friday nights/ Saturday mornings, to I am hoping its not going to be on the 17th... I'm expecting it to be and for me to be out 40 bucks, but hey, got to bet on the home team, right? :)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
The game pretty much has to be on the 16th.

Amalie Arena has The Who concert on the 15th and a TB Storm game on the 17th.

Then if you went on an every other day schedule it would be 16th, 18th, two road games on 20th, and 22nd. Then game 5 at home would have to skip an extra day because Rockfest is at Amalie on the 24th. So game 5 would prob be the 25th.

This assumes whoever the opponent is, doesn't have any scheduling conflicts with their two dates.

I wonder if the Saturday game will be at night ? Or afternoon game ?

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
They said on the radio the first game is Thursday. So it will most likely be Thursday(1) Saturday(2)

Tampabear

Mar 5, 2014
Going to the Who concert Wednesday and the game Thursday (if it then). Gonna be a great week!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Playoffs Round 1: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Detroit Red Wings

Who wins the series lightning or redwings ? And who will be the series MVP ?

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Lightning in 5.

Stamkos MVP for round 1.

Bishop will go ham and have a stupid good S% & GAA.

Round 2 I give to TKO. Stamkos won't really be able to have a ton of "breathing room" because he'll have EVERYONE on him. TKO will shine because they're not hockey players, they're magicians with sticks on skates.

Honestly though, Bishop's gonna be our rock through the playoffs. I see him making up for lost time with not being able to play last season.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I think we go all the way to 7 games howard and bishop will have some up and down games! I'm going to say palat will be series mvp lightning in 7.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Don't think Stamkos will be a factor. 0 goals 1 assist. I'd say a tough 7 games. I have no faith in this team.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Johnson will be the 1st round MVP, predicting a slow start for Stamkos...

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Bishop looks like he's getting hot at the right time. I predict an early series victory for the Lightning and the triplet line carries us.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Can we call you the Yzerbolts this series? We'll probably take the series to 6 games and lose. But there will be no hard feelings, since its "The Captain" who beat us.;) Will definitely feel weird though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad