Pre-Game Talk: 2014-15 Playoffs - ECQF: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Detroit Red Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don't want to go to the well too often with Cally. He had a great game yesterday, but it was obviously taxing on him. He sat out today. We should mix in whatever winger is the hot hand, even switching Drouin over to RW to fit Palat in there on the left, if Drouin can handle an in-game switch.

Palat, Brown, even Boyle offer a solid defensive conscience to the line too. And, in that sense, I worry more about Stamkos than Drouin.

Like to see him shoot more, but we need the physical play also.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Yzerman needs to tell Cooper plainly that if he cannot adapt his lineup going into game 6 and do the same thing Boucher did, force something down the team's throat that wasn't working, he will be given a very short leash going into next season.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Good evening, Lighting fans. How's it going? You have a big Game 7 coming up, huh?

Here's the deal: I hate the Montreal Canadiens. A lot. Like really a whole lot. Like when they win I want to vomit.

How does this involve you? Glad you asked. I think the Lightning will vanquish Detroit on Wednesday and then take on the Habs. As a die-hard Boston Bruins fan, I can't stomach the thought of Montreal advancing any further in the playoffs. I was hoping that Ottawa would delete them from the 2015 playoffs; but they didn't; so here we are.

I am well aware that we have had our battles in the past (ie: the 2011 ECF, and Tampa Bay knocking the Bruins out of playoff contention this year) but we need to put that (expletive) behind us and fry us some bigger fish.

I am formally requesting permission to come aboard the Tampa Bay bandwagon and root against Montreal. Heck, I'll even root against Detroit on Wednesday as an added bonus.

So, with that: "Permission to come aboard?"

very respectfully,

~rfournier103

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Well, we need to finish our business first. Easier for an outsider to think "hmm, better team, home game, will win" than it is for us to think the Lightning will win, having dropped two of the three home games in this series and everything.

And if it makes you feel any better - you were out of the playoffs whether you won or lost that game. Buffalo being Buffalo was the final nail in that coffin. In that respect, the Lightning did virtually nothing to finish the Bruins off.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Good evening, Lighting fans. How's it going? You have a big Game 7 coming up, huh?

Here's the deal: I hate the Montreal Canadiens. A lot. Like really a whole lot. Like when they win I want to vomit.

How does this involve you? Glad you asked. I think the Lightning will vanquish Detroit on Wednesday and then take on the Habs. As a die-hard Boston Bruins fan, I can't stomach the thought of Montreal advancing any further in the playoffs. I was hoping that Ottawa would delete them from the 2015 playoffs; but they didn't; so here we are.

I am well aware that we have had our battles in the past (ie: the 2011 ECF, and Tampa Bay knocking the Bruins out of playoff contention this year) but we need to put that (expletive) behind us and fry us some bigger fish.

I am formally requesting permission to come aboard the Tampa Bay bandwagon and root against Montreal. Heck, I'll even root against Detroit on Wednesday as an added bonus.

So, with that: "Permission to come aboard?"

very respectfully,

~rfournier103

The enemy of my enemy is my frenemy.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Well, we need to finish our business first. Easier for an outsider to think "hmm, better team, home game, will win" than it is for us to think the Lightning will win, having dropped two of the three home games in this series and everything.

I am pulling for the Lightning because I think they have the better chance against Montreal. Finish your business and then finish the Habs, please. Thanks.

And if it makes you feel any better - you were out of the playoffs whether you won or lost that game. Buffalo being Buffalo was the final nail in that coffin. In that respect, the Lightning did virtually nothing to finish the Bruins off.

I don't feel any better or worse, actually just glad the Bs didn't get into the playoffs. I think they would have been completely embarrassed in the first round and the inevitable firing of the GM would have been postponed by 2 weeks.

The only thing that matters to me since the Bruins aren't in the playoffs is the ouster of Montreal. I really really hate those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad