Pre-Game Talk: 2014-15 Playoffs - ECQF: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Detroit Red Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackRabbitSlim

Dec 11, 2014
In your nightmares
It's embarrassing. If I didn't know butter I'd say there are a lot of bandwagoners/newbie fans who know nothing about playoff hockey. There are massive momentum shifts in the playoffs, every goal is huge, and every win/loss can be a series clincher. You aren't a fan if you go chicken little so quickly.

I've been a fan since 92-93, I remember watching them in Lakeland and going to the games at the Thunder Dome. Been through the bad, the worst, the ugly and all the great in between. I mainly read on these boards b/c there is A LOT of good insight at times, but the banter and 12 yr old prima donna $hit gets old.

When it comes to the playoffs, emotions run rampant, myself included. But calling for a players/coach head is absurd when we've had so much success with the same team all season long. Its frustrating to watch the team not make adjustments, but when the adjustments are made we see success, lets hope it continues.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hey - stop telling people how to react. It's far from classy. People criticize the team and various members of it all the time. Stop trying to tell people how to express their fandom.

JackRabbitSlim

Dec 11, 2014
In your nightmares
I'm not telling people how to react, just that it gets annoying. We are all fans of the same team, some just a little more bipolar than others, lol

Moving on. What do you think we do for Game 5 adjustments? We have to find away to get the DRWs out of their comfort zone, we saw when they had the breakdowns we had the clear advantage. How do we replicate that more efficiently?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
"Drouin in Callahan's spot with Stamkos and Killorn"

Another Soviet Miracle? Or just a place holder?

Place holder. But it's not nearly so concerning with Coop getting last change, IMO. I wouldn't doubt seeing Drouin out for Namestnikov, even though Jo had a pretty solid game, I thought.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I hope he keeps Drou in for game 5. Put KFC back together, Stammer & Drou, and obviously keep TKO together. I didn't mind the 7 D so long as it keeps Nesterov playing and not sitting considering he's been one of our best Dman for this series, our D hasn't been that bad, minus a few bone heads plays but pretty good.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I hope he keeps Drou in for game 5. Put KFC back together, Stammer & Drou, and obviously keep TKO together. I didn't mind the 7 D so long as it keeps Nesterov playing and not sitting considering he's been one of our best Dman for this series, our D hasn't been that bad, minus a few bone heads plays but pretty good.

I think the fanbase is pretty close to a consensus on this. Beyond all else, TKO, KFC, Stamkos+Drouin. It would be hard for Detroit to check that, especially on the road.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night

I'm fully with you, and think almost everyone here is.
KFC+TKO+Stam&Drou=best forward lines. It's that simple.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think the fanbase is pretty close to a consensus on this. Beyond all else, TKO, KFC, Stamkos+Drouin. It would be hard for Detroit to check that, especially on the road.

I'm fully with you, and think almost everyone here is.
KFC+TKO+Stam&Drou=best forward lines. It's that simple.

Now lets just hope this is what Coop does, C'mon Coop, i'll buy you a nice pack of gum if you listen to us :nod:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Double shift Callahan and Kucherov on the top line, They can handle the extra mins, especially since they are not on the PK playing mins....

Will have...

Drouin - Stamkos - Callahan/Kucherov
Palat - Johnson - Kucherov
Killorn - Flip - Callahan
Paquette/Morrow - Boyle - Brown

Double dose of Cally is all that Smith and co needs right? lol.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
I'm not telling people how to react, just that it gets annoying. We are all fans of the same team, some just a little more bipolar than others, lol

Moving on. What do you think we do for Game 5 adjustments? We have to find away to get the DRWs out of their comfort zone, we saw when they had the breakdowns we had the clear advantage. How do we replicate that more efficiently?

I would like to see them go back to being more physical. Besides cally, that last game was ****ing awful. Physical play that lead to scrums seem to wake this team up. Scrums in games 2 and 4 were huge parts in us winning. Not saying we start scrums on purpose, but they have been good for our play.

Being able to seperate TKO from Glendenning, who has been a monster, will be very helpful. I expect huge games at home from that line. Interested to see what Cooper does for the other matchups with second change.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Double shift Callahan and Kucherov on the top line, They can handle the extra mins, especially since they are not on the PK playing mins....

Will have...

Drouin - Stamkos - Callahan/Kucherov
Killorn - Flip - Callahan
Paquette/Morrow - Boyle - Brown

Double dose of Cally is all that Smith and co needs right? lol.

Don't want to go to the well too often with Cally. He had a great game yesterday, but it was obviously taxing on him. He sat out today. We should mix in whatever winger is the hot hand, even switching Drouin over to RW to fit Palat in there on the left, if Drouin can handle an in-game switch.

Palat, Brown, even Boyle offer a solid defensive conscience to the line too. And, in that sense, I worry more about Stamkos than Drouin.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Drouin - Stamkos - Callahan
Killorn - Flip - Paquette
Morrow - Boyle - Brown

This please! Pretty much what we've all been wanting from day one.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I actually stopped watching with just under 6 minutes left and only 4 shots on net. My thinking was MAYBE not watching will somehow change they're luck. The crappy part is now i'm afraid i can't watch another playoff game, funny, but also sadly true.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I actually stopped watching with just under 6 minutes left and only 4 shots on net. My thinking was MAYBE not watching will somehow change they're luck. The crappy part is now i'm afraid i can't watch another playoff game, funny, but also sadly true.

For Game 5, you're allowed to watch until things start going bad. But if we lose that game, you're banned from Game 6.

JackRabbitSlim

Dec 11, 2014
In your nightmares
I would like to see them go back to being more physical. Besides cally, that last game was ****ing awful. Physical play that lead to scrums seem to wake this team up. Scrums in games 2 and 4 were huge parts in us winning. Not saying we start scrums on purpose, but they have been good for our play.

Being able to seperate TKO from Glendenning, who has been a monster, will be very helpful. I expect huge games at home from that line. Interested to see what Cooper does for the other matchups with second change.

I'm don't think starting scrums is the way to go, but more emotion for the team would be better. Once they felt the emotion from the 1st goal the team took off

berlin I actually stopped watching with just under 6 minutes left and only 4 shots on net. My thinking was MAYBE not watching will somehow change they're luck. The crappy part is now i'm afraid i can't watch another playoff game, funny, but also sadly true.

I missed game 2 while I was on vacation, i tempted missing game 3, I now wish maybe I should of, lol

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

I missed game 2 while I was on vacation, i tempted missing game 3, I now wish maybe I should of, lol

We can send you both down to the minors or put you on injured reserve... your call... ... ... just stop watching :help::nod:

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I've always said this and will stick by it, linemates are such a stupid excuse and a huge cop-out. Remember his 60 goal season? MSL was on a down year, injured and only assisted on a 3rd of his goals, he scored regardless of linemates, it's not like we're asking him to do something he's never done before.

Maybe it's the captaincy because he sure can't perform and be a leader at the same time it seems.

I was never happy with the idea of making the "best player" the captain. Just because a person is skilled does not necessarily mean that that person will be a good leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->