Post-Game Talk: 2014-15 New York Rangers (53-22-7 [RS] // 11-8 [PO]) Warning #516

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
When you're paid the amount he is to score goals, and you have a total of 9 goals in 56 total games with our team, that isn't getting it done.

Rick Nash hasn't been good enough in the playoffs for us in the three seasons he's been here.

It's an unfortunate fact.

More than anything the way Nash played the 3rd period in game 6, gave me sky high confidence going into game 7.

It appeared that Nash had met the moment and made it his.

The continuing development of a champion would have been a much more robust effort in game 6. And NOT just from Nash.

Brassard, Stepan, Kreider were non contributors as well and that ended the season.

All these guys have to figure out how to raise the bar.

I don't think Nash is going anywhere. I think he and the others can and will do better.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I bet they were told to help cover for a defense that was being held together by pain killers and duct tape

Watching the NHL Network the other night, you know how they have the players mic'd up during the entire playoffs?

They were showing the Game 7 version of that, and at one point you hear Dominic Moore say 'Don't worry boys, we're going to win, no worries"

Something along those lines, but the way it sounded was almost as if 'hey, don't worry guys, luck is on our side! we're the rangers, of course we're going to win game 7'

Almost as if they believed the 'history' without having to actually work for it.

It stood out to me, and makes sense when you notice the lack of urgency in their play throughout the entire game.

[NHL]826966&catid=345[/NHL]

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Watching the NHL Network the other night, you know how they have the players mic'd up during the entire playoffs?

They were showing the Game 7 version of that, and at one point you hear Dominic Moore say 'Don't worry boys, we're going to win, no worries"

Something along those lines, but the way it sounded was almost as if 'hey, don't worry guys, luck is on our side! we're the rangers, of course we're going to win game 7'

Almost as if they believed the 'history' without having to actually work for it.

It's best of someone can post the clip, it stood out to me, and makes sense when you notice the lack of urgency in their play throughout the entire game.

Great...they were in la la land with Killem during that game :facepalm:

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
10 goals in 60 playoff games.

Jason ****ing Chimera has more goals in less playoff games than Rick Nash. Let that sink in.

I was talking about this season. Point out my mistake in evaluating these two players in these playoffs.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Great...they were in la la land with Killem during that game :facepalm:

Just posted it, check out the part at at the start where Moore non-chalantly says...."Hey boys....we're gonna beat em......we're gonna beat em"

Totally had that 'Don't worry, we got this all we have to do is show up' tone to it.

Anyone else hear it like I am?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
When you're paid the amount he is to score goals, and you have a total of 9 goals in 56 total games with our team, that isn't getting it done.

Rick Nash hasn't been good enough in the playoffs for us in the three seasons he's been here.

It's an unfortunate fact.

Ironically funny for you to use this argument considering your reactions to holding Hank more accountable because of his salary.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Ironically funny for you to use this argument considering your reactions to holding Hank more accountable because of his salary.

Are you insinuating that Henrik Lundqvist doesn't get the job done in the playoffs? Because that would be comical

Rick Nash doesn't. It can't be argued. 9 goals in 56 games isn't getting it done for someone who is paid big money to score goals, and lots of them.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Just posted it, check out the part at at the start where Moore non-chalantly says...."Hey boys....we're gonna beat em......we're gonna beat em"

Totally had that 'Don't worry, we got this all we have to do is show up' tone to it.

The we're gonna beat em stuff is just calming nerves probably. The one shot just one shot stuff was him trying to be positive down a goal.

I don't think its that bad. The guy works harder than most of the other guys on the team. He is a leader on this team too.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
The we're gonna beat em stuff is just calming nerves probably. The one shot just one shot stuff was him trying to be positive down a goal.

I don't think its that bad. The guy works harder than most of the other guys on the team. He is a leader on this team too.

Not knocking Dom Moore at all, and I agree with all your points on him.

The way it sounded to me, was almost as if he (and presumably) the rest of the team knew they we're going to win, without actually having to work as hard as the Lightning did.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005

Not sure how to read that. But I hope these guys know that they drew water from that well a bit too often.

Metranger

May 22, 2015

The way it sounded to me, was almost as if he (and presumably) the rest of the team knew they we're going to win, without actually having to work as hard as the Lightning did.
Isn't the definition of insanity doing things the same way but expecting different results?
There was no display of significant offense up to that point. He was wishfully thinking. Or hoping. Or bluffing.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Are you insinuating that Henrik Lundqvist doesn't get the job done in the playoffs? Because that would be comical

Rick Nash doesn't. It can't be argued. 9 goals in 56 games isn't getting it done for someone who is paid big money to score goals, and lots of them.

No. You missed the point.

I think Hank had a great playoffs, but you have defended him against those that bring his salary into the discussion. Now you bring Nash's salary into the discussion.

But back to my original point. Who had a better playoffs this year, Nash or Kreider?

If you or anyone else believes it's Kreider, please state the logic.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
But back to my original point. Who had a better playoffs this year, Nash or Kreider?

It's Kreider.

Kreider 7 goals + Toughness
Nash 5 goals + soft perimeter play

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

I think Hank had a great playoffs, but you have defended him against those that bring his salary into the discussion. Now you bring Nash's salary into the discussion.

I didn't miss your point.

Hank is the epitome of consistency not only in the regular season but also in the playoffs. He's earned, and earns every cent of his salary year in, year out.

I've ridiculed members who bring up his salary as if its a relevant point, & its not, because he's worth all the money he is paid for what he brings every year during the regular season and the playoffs.

The same can't be said about Rick Nash, especially in the playoffs.

By 'better playoffs' are you strictly referring to total points? Because if thats the case, Nash had 14 points to Kreider's 9.

But, I personally believe Kreider had a better overall playoffs, and even though he took some questionable penalties, when he is on, and engaged he's much more noticeable than Nash ever is.

Funny how Kreider also had 7 goals, to Nash's 5, and if you want to be technical, Nash's 1st goal of the playoffs was a complete joke and didn't mean anything.

Chris Kreider had arguably one of the biggest goals of the entire playoffs. Without his goal in the closing minutes we lose to the Caps and never advance to the ECF.

Chris Kreider isn't paid top money to be our leader scorer, yet he had more goals, and more important goals than any of Nash's goals.

I think that is more than enough to argue that Kreider had a better playoffs than Nash did.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

I'd go with Nash. Despite his faults, he played a solid 2 way game.

I think Kreider scores more memorable goals because he uses his size and speed when he's on, but he is still a liability in the defensive zone, still prone to taking stupid penalties, and still prone to disappearing for large stretches

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

I really doubt a guy who's been around as long as Dom was just assuming his team would win. These guys are pros and they know the game at least as well as all of us - way better in probably every case in fact. He was trying to keep his teammates thinking positive.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I didn't miss your point.

Hank is the epitome of consistency not only in the regular season but also in the playoffs. He's earned, and earns every cent of his salary year in, year out.

I've ridiculed members who bring up his salary as if its a relevant point, & its not, because he's worth all the money he is paid for what he brings every year during the regular season and the playoffs.

The same can't be said about Rick Nash, especially in the playoffs.

By 'better playoffs' are you strictly referring to total points? Because if thats the case, Nash had 14 points to Kreider's 9.

But, I personally believe Kreider had a better overall playoffs, and even though he took some questionable penalties, when he is on, and engaged he's much more noticeable than Nash ever is.

Funny how Kreider also had 7 goals, to Nash's 5, and if you want to be technical, Nash's 1st goal of the playoffs was a complete joke and didn't mean anything.

Chris Kreider had arguably one of the biggest goals of the entire playoffs. Without his goal in the closing minutes we lose to the Caps and never advance to the ECF.

Chris Kreider isn't paid top money to be our leader scorer, yet he had more goals, and more important goals than any of Nash's goals.

I think that is more than enough to argue that Kreider had a better playoffs than Nash did.

Questionable penalties? They were stupid and lazy.

Kreider is the current Teflon player. Nash is the current dump on player.

Fans have their favorites and hated, and they rarely change. If a player is physical he will be beloved, no matter the reality. If a player is big and not physical, especially if he is a defenseman, he will likely be despised. It's been that way for the 50 or so years I have been watching.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Isn't the definition of insanity doing things the same way but expecting different results?
There was no display of significant offense up to that point. He was wishfully thinking. Or hoping. Or bluffing.

Someone once said that there's very little difference in "being brave" or "acting brave"... in situations like that I think leaders say things to make others believe it... regardless of what they themselves may think or believe.

To me that's leadership he's displaying there... not a sense of over-confidence or wishful thinking, IMHO.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
We should look to get Lucic and Neil and hopefully McI can handle the bigs. That'll boost up our toughness.

Hagelin and Klien for Lucic + Picks.

Jesper Fast- Derrick Brassard - Rick Nash
Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Mats Zuccarello
Milan Lucic - Kevin Hayes - JT Miller
Chris Neil - Dom Moore - Ryan Bourque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad