Post-Game Talk: 2014-15 New York Rangers (53-22-7 [RS] // 11-8 [PO]) Warning #516

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Watching the NHL Network the other night, you know how they have the players mic'd up during the entire playoffs?

They were showing the Game 7 version of that, and at one point you hear Dominic Moore say 'Don't worry boys, we're going to win, no worries"

Something along those lines, but the way it sounded was almost as if 'hey, don't worry guys, luck is on our side! we're the rangers, of course we're going to win game 7'

Almost as if they believed the 'history' without having to actually work for it.

It stood out to me, and makes sense when you notice the lack of urgency in their play throughout the entire game.

[NHL]826966&catid=345[/NHL]

My take on Moore's phrases is 180 degrees different from yours above - he was trying to keep morale and resolve of teammates high to continue competing and not giving up. He was encouraging them to continue trying because a single shot, a single "lucky" bounce would be enough to turn the game around and get another home elimination game win.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
My take on Moore's phrases is 180 degrees different from yours above - he was trying to keep morale and resolve of teammates high to continue competing and not giving up. He was encouraging them to continue trying because a single shot, a single "lucky" bounce would be enough to turn the game around and get another home elimination game win.

Don't really get how "We're gonna win....we're gonna win" in a non-chalant tone helps keep teammates compete level high.

To me, it sounded as if it was almost a foregone conclusion that they would win the game without having to truly work hard for it.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Let's start focusing on next season and what it will take to win.

Crying over spilled milk has to end now.

It's over!. It's all over. -Howard Cosell.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Don't really get how "We're gonna win....we're gonna win" in a non-chalant tone helps keep teammates compete level high.

To me, it sounded as if it was almost a foregone conclusion that they would win the game without having to truly work hard for it.

It does come off that they expected to win. Not that I necessarily think that they thought it was a foregone conclusion, but you definitely get the sense that they thought there was no way they were going to lose (well, I guess I just contradicted myself). No matter how lethargic and poorly in their execution they were, they figured they were going to get a bounce and win.

You can tell by some of the shock the players have in their break up interviews and especially AV. He said something to the effect of "Everyone I know and everyone around me thought we were going to win so it is a real big shock/disappointment to not get back to the SCF."

You definitely get the sense that they thought there was no way they were losing. The bounces they've gotten, injuries overcome, coming back from 3-1, coming back from 3-2, all the recent history (and Hank) on their side and 1 win from the cup. You can tell they thought they'd win, no question.

I guess we can look at this as a positive, it could be the last learning experience they need. Have another good season and then go into the playoffs and never take the foot off the pedal. A heartbreak and shock like this can be a good lesson. The only issue is the pesky regular season...good teams like the Bruins and Kings missed the playoffs entirely. Anything is possible, but it is such a long trek just to get to the playoffs. Then in any round all it takes is a couple bad bounces or off nights and you're eliminated, not even close to the cup. That's why it's so tough to see them come so far 2 years in a row and not get it done.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
You have to expect to win - conciously and subconsciously - every single game to be an elite level athlete or an elite level team. There's no debating that.

That said, there's expecting to win due to buying into a system and believing in yourself to execute. And then there's expecting to win due to entitlement. The two are vastly different. I will not speculate as to what Dom Moore's version of expectation was built on, because honestly we'll never even come close to knowing. Just pointing out that "expecting to win" is not a bad thing at all. Quite the opposite. It just depends what it's based on.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
a week later and still dumbfounded we played so lackluster so often vs TBL and even Caps
We coulda/shoulda been able to do what CBH did last night, keep it together, keep it close, break through. I was certain we'd win the 3rd in g7.
The Lightning were good, but we didn't force them to be great, because NYR weren't great.

The whistle-to-whistle focus, speed, effort, that we demonstrated from Dec to March, wasn't there anywhere near often enough in May.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
I was actually shocked and disappointed by the fans at MSG when game 7 ended. Instead of saying goodbye to the team they were chanting Henrik. That's just disrespectful and immoral IMO. Rangers didn't even give a good salute to the fans and I don't blame them. It's just sad.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I was actually shocked and disappointed by the fans at MSG when game 7 ended. Instead of saying goodbye to the team they were chanting Henrik. That's just disrespectful and immoral IMO. Rangers didn't even give a good salute to the fans and I don't blame them. It's just sad.

What

bigbuffalo313

Apr 28, 2012
New York

Inigo-Montoya-WORD-MEANS.jpg

Niloc1*

what are you saying?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

first place overall got acknowledged an earlier night.
OT eliminations of Pitt and Caps got acknowledged an earlier night

the team's performance in round 3 game 7 ( , 5, 2) directly made it that way.

Last year after game 4 vs LAK I stood and cheered our guys, knowing they might not force game 6.

This year I just walked out when game 7 ended.
The 3rd period was lame. TBL earns props for playing well, but NYR wilted.
The whole season resting on that period, they played like the 3rd west coast game in 4 nights.

They knew they blew it.
We knew they blew it.
Nothing to celebrate.
I love the guys. I dont point fingers.
But they let TBL take it without much of a fight

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
a week later and still dumbfounded we played so lackluster so often vs TBL and even Caps
We coulda/shoulda been able to do what CBH did last night, keep it together, keep it close, break through. I was certain we'd win the 3rd in g7.
The Lightning were good, but we didn't force them to be great, because NYR weren't great.

The whistle-to-whistle focus, speed, effort, that we demonstrated from Dec to March, wasn't there anywhere near often enough in May.

Amazing what a difference a fractured skull and some broken feet might cause.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
first place overall got acknowledged an earlier night.
OT eliminations of Pitt and Caps got acknowledged an earlier night

the team's performance in round 3 game 7 ( , 5, 2) directly made it that way.

Last year after game 4 vs LAK I stood and cheered our guys, knowing they might not force game 6.

This year I just walked out when game 7 ended.
The 3rd period was lame. TBL earns props for playing well, but NYR wilted.
The whole season resting on that period, they played like the 3rd west coast game in 4 nights.

They knew they blew it.
We knew they blew it.
Nothing to celebrate.
I love the guys. I dont point fingers.
But they let TBL take it without much of a fight

It is kind of hard to give your best effort when your key players are skating with broken bones. In any case, I liked the effort this season including the presidents trophy. They get the :handclap: from me.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
So every time I chant Henrik I am being immoral? Is that like a sin? Oh well I guess Hell has a special place awaiting me?

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
So every time I chant Henrik I am being immoral? Is that like a sin? Oh well I guess Hell has a special place awaiting me?

Not every time, please don't twist it. It is ok to do it after a good play for example. Conversation was about right after the game where the team was eliminated.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Not every time, please don't twist it. It is ok to do it after a good play for example. Conversation was about right after the game where the team was eliminated.

Yea, they totally should've chanted Talbot's name. Did a great job with the bench door and water bottles.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Yes, do not support your franchise player whom carried your team though the first two rounds when games were tight and scoring was non-existent most nights. He deserved to be boo'd instead.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Yea, they totally should've chanted Talbot's name. Did a great job with the bench door and water bottles.

They should've chanted LGR or something like that. Singling out one player is just not right IMO at the goodbye phase. The team gave us a huge season including the PR trophy, finished the playoffs basically with one foot being in the hospital.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Yes, do not support your franchise player whom carried your team though the first two rounds when games were tight and scoring was non-existent most nights. He deserved to be boo'd instead.

Carried? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad