Post-Game Talk: 2014-15 New York Rangers (53-22-7 [RS] // 11-8 [PO]) Warning #516

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
People want to see smug ******** like Johnson, Callahan, Stamkos, Bishop and Cooper raise a cup? NO. Just no.

They better get wrecked hard.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
People want to see smug ******** like Johnson, Callahan, Stamkos, Bishop and Cooper raise a cup? NO. Just no.

I actually think of HFBoards' reaction to a Tampa Cup win more than I think of the players. :laugh:

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
If the Ducks win tonight I'll root for them. I always did like something about that team. Perry and Getzlaf mostly since Selanne retired. He was one of my all time favorites.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
A couple of years ago, Callahan was arguably the second most popular Ranger. Why do people hate him for trying to make as much money as possible?

It's not his fault that Sather made what will turn out to be one of the two or three worst trades in Rangers history.

Looks like a Rick Middleton for Ken Hodge moment.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Just always a ****** morning waking up after a season-ending loss.

Yeah, I'm on board with whatever team wins the West.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Who cares what the almighty West fans think? I'll be rooting for Chicago to smash Tampa hard. Anaheim would be OK too, but Chicago is my 2nd team so why not?

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Just always a ****** morning waking up after a season-ending loss.

Yeah, I'm on board with whatever team wins the West.

I think my heart is with this line of thinking. HatTrickSwayze made a great point but the more I think about it....NO..I do NOT want them to win it.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I want Stralman and Boyle to win, but the rest of that team can **** off.

LOL, can you imagine Bishop winning a 'Cup before Lundqvist? Think about that. Think about how many mediocre goalies have won a championship while Lundqvist probably never will.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I want Stralman and Boyle to win, but the rest of that team can **** off.

LOL, can you imagine Bishop winning a 'Cup before Lundqvist? Think about that. Think about how many mediocre goalies have won a championship while Lundqvist probably never will.

Oh, it doesn't matter who wins now....An inferior, FAR inferior, goaltender will win the Stanley Cup this year. Let that sink in. It makes me want to barf.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I think my heart is with this line of thinking. HatTrickSwayze made a great point but the more I think about it....NO..I do NOT want them to win it.

If a west team win like last year - u would always hear the best teams are in the west kind of comments.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Go Ducks/Hawks. Don't care who just not Tampa.

This loss hurts more than losing to Kings. Weird.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Alcohol does help though boys.

(for those old enough to drink off course)

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Go Hawks or Ducks. I can't see Bishop getting shutouts against teams that will find ways to get to him through whatever setup their defence employs.

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
After that awesome display last night, at least we have the draft to look forward to... Oh wait, we traded all our picks away.

where is my beer?

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Does anyone like MSL anymore? I'm not insinuating that there's been some kind of big "MSL is great" vs "MSL sucks" crowd. I'm just asking legitamately. I think everyone hates him now...everywhere

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm not as upset as I'd thought I'd be this morning. I'm honestly just so frustrated that they tried the same incompetent thing for three periods with their season on the line. Tampa forced us to play along the boards and they stacked three players on the strong side of the puck.

Instead of being smart, we tried forcing the puck through them all game rather than look for a safe outlet pass in the middle to move the puck up the weakside of the ice (exactly what Tampa does on their breakouts). I'd love for this team to do two things:

1) I'm not holding my breath for Sather to try to fix our defensive corps, but I really hope AV adjusts his gameplan to find a way to make this defense be more efficient at moving the puck up ice. Stretch passes and scoring off the rush are great, but we can't do that nearly as well in the playoffs as we did in the regular season.

2) Either fire Arniel or make him redesign the powerplay. I've been calling for them to run an umbrella all season long, and they acquired the perfect powerplay qb for that style. There's no reason Mc-D and Yandle can't work the same magic that OEL and Yandle did while in Arizona.

On the bright side, we have a lot of good young pieces and the best goalie in the world in his prime. Just appreciate how fortunate of a situation this team is in. We've been blessed to watch some of the best Rangers hockey in the organizations history.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I'm not as upset as I'd thought I'd be this morning. I'm honestly just so frustrated that they tried the same incompetent thing for three periods with their season on the line. Tampa forced us to play along the boards and they stacked three players on the strong side of the puck.

Instead of being smart, we tried forcing the puck through them all game rather than look for a safe outlet pass in the middle to move the puck up the weakside of the ice (exactly what Tampa does on their breakouts). I'd love for this team to do two things:

1) I'm not holding my breath for Sather to try to fix our defensive corps, but I really hope AV adjusts his gameplan to find a way to make this defense be more efficient at moving the puck up ice. Stretch passes and scoring off the rush are great, but we can't do that nearly as well in the playoffs as we did in the regular season.

2) Either fire Arniel or make him redesign the powerplay. I've been calling for them to run an umbrella all season long, and they acquired the perfect powerplay qb for that style. There's no reason Mc-D and Yandle can't work the same magic that OEL and Yandle did while in Arizona.

On the bright side, we have a lot of good young pieces and the best goalie in the world in his prime. Just appreciate how fortunate of a situation this team is in. We've been blessed to watch some of the best Rangers hockey in the organizations history.

The bolded is not saying much, unfortunately.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
A couple of years ago, Callahan was arguably the second most popular Ranger. Why do people hate him for trying to make as much money as possible?

It's not his fault that Sather made what will turn out to be one of the two or three worst trades in Rangers history.

Looks like a Rick Middleton for Ken Hodge moment.

Callahan is a 2nd line player at best who stinks in the postseason. Hes past developing into anything even close to what Middleton was - an elite 1st line all star.

Rangers top 2 RW were set and better players. Commiting to Callahan meant overpaying for a 3rd liner for six years with a no trade clause.

Tampa will regret that contract the same way Boston and LA regret taking on huge salary for bottom six players.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yet, you fail to compliment Henrik on how he kept it from being completely out of control for the first two periods. Tampa bay could have easily had 3 or 4 goals. I guess you would have preferred this happening than how it eventually unfolded.

But you'll still keep talking about the 'soft goal' he gave up in a game where we scored none.

Hank had a couple of very good saves. I've yet to see anyone on this board deny that. I've yet to see anyone dispute it. I've yet to see anyone say anything but that. Yet at the same time, you're vastly, vastly overstating his performance. To the point of hyperbole.

Once again. I expect a superstar goaltender to play well. His performance in the first two periods was about average for him during the season. Very good and stopping some excellent opportunities. I get that you want to absolve him of all blame. I get that. But it's not going to happen. As much as you want to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad