2014-15 Lake Erie Monsters (AHL) & Fort Wayne Komets (ECHL) l Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Dan Weiss ‏@DanWeissPBP 42m42 minutes ago San Antonio, TX
Dean Chynoweth will become the 10th head coach in @sarampage history next season. Currently in his third season with the Monsters.

He isn't going anywhere sadly.

If they're going to be serious about developing their prospects, they're going to need a better coach. So, I'm hoping that it's one of those things like "Well, he's the current head coach, and there's no news to the contrary yet". Plus, always a possibility (however remote) that the Avs will just wait to make any personnel changes until the current AHL season is over.

Kind of weird following the Monsters on Twitter now...them and the Blue Jackets twitter are having that "awkward teenage romance" thing going on. It's funny, but also kind of weird. Like we'll get even less coverage of games now because there's only 2 remaining (I think?) and they're not going to the PO's, and there's going to be new players there next year, etc.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think you are holding on to hope that they will get rid of Deaner. It was in the press release from the organization, and there was no reason to announce that unless he was the coach.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If they're going to be serious about developing their prospects, they're going to need a better coach. So, I'm hoping that it's one of those things like "Well, he's the current head coach, and there's no news to the contrary yet". Plus, always a possibility (however remote) that the Avs will just wait to make any personnel changes until the current AHL season is over.

Kind of weird following the Monsters on Twitter now...them and the Blue Jackets twitter are having that "awkward teenage romance" thing going on. It's funny, but also kind of weird. Like we'll get even less coverage of games now because there's only 2 remaining (I think?) and they're not going to the PO's, and there's going to be new players there next year, etc.

Less, it's not possible for them to do less. Unless they just stopped announcing the final score I guess. Id follow the Rampage but they are going to the playoffs. In a way that's even more awkward, enjoy it while it lasts, folks! At least for us the divorce only has to last two more days. I wonder how the guys feel about it, not there's anyone to ask them. Awkward to play their final game there, woohoo fans! And yes, they are too excited about Columbus. Nobody wanted us. Lake Erie didn't, San Antonio is forced into it. Maybe we should have just turned our ****** prospect pool into an ECHL team.

hf031

Apr 7, 2014
Mooresville, NC
Agozzino will go to NHL training camps before he signs an AHL contract. Let's be serious.

I wouldn't expect an AHL contract, but if Agozzino does end up a free agent, then I have to reasonably assume he will at minimum check in with Columbus. It would need to work on the NHL end, but if the guy knows that he is likely ticketed for the AHL then wouldn't he want it to be in a proven situation that works well for him?

I'm obviously speaking as a fan first here, but I don't see it as so out of the realm of possibility. Of course, if his rights are retained, which they surely might be, then forget all that. I'm just not sure how highly the Avs value him.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Should also point out our play-by-play guy Dan Weiss is awesome on Twitter. Good updates and the like.

It's hard for me to answer the injuries question beyond who is hurt and who is not because Florida was very hush hush about the extent of injuries. Dan is pretty good about relaying information via Twitter, but he still has to follow the team's wishes so it's usually nothing more than he's out for (insert vague timeframe here).

I think you guys will grow to like the relationship, just as we will. Change sucks and there always seems to be an adjustment period. We have some passionate fans down here and twitter is a blast during the season. Just avoid Facebook. ALWAYS avoid Facebook. :laugh:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah I understand a lot of that is team controlled. I would welcome a vague timeframe. I think it's completely disrespectful to fans if someone has season ending surgery to go through the song and dance of saying they are out with UBI every game. I mean at the very least let us know if we'll see the guy again or not. The fans would eventually figure those things out. The funny thing is the Avs are probably as honest as any team can be. Roy always gives detailed updates. So I really don't know where the disconnect was from there. Maybe nobody in the media was there to ask so they felt like they didn't have to say anything. The PxP guy was good at his job but a total robot outside of it, so I'd welcome a more interactive PxP guy.

Classy, good one he is. Lots of other guys tweeting too.

Last edited:

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Well, you can all be assured that injuries are a big for me as well and I always take the time to ask at practices or in postgames about specific players. And as I said before, Dan is as open as the org allows when asked about injuries as well.

We had a player hurt on opening night, and while it was originally thought to be a week-to-week injury, it was eventually revealed he would miss 6-8 weeks. We are pretty good about flushing that info out down here.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
5 freakin years???? I really thought this would just be a year or two type thing until we got something closer.

This is probably a good guess of the players the Avs will provide next year:

Forwards:
Agozzino
Street
Bourke
Smith
Meurs
Rendulic
Henley

Defensemen:
Bigras (if he doesn't make the big club)
Siemens
Geertsen
Noreau
Beaupre
Corbett
Clark

Goalies:
Pickard
Will/Martin (one will end up in the ECHL)

The forward group will grow with some signings, and maybe somebody like Hamilton/Hishon passing through waivers.

Isn't Hamilton still excempt since he has a '92 birthday? He should have an extra year on Hishon, at least according to the rules I found, even though they both signed in the spring of 2011.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Look at that smug face by Bertuzzi on that goal. Must run in the family blood. Like Uncle, like nephew.

Ah ****, do not want Chynoweth. Probably playing Roy's system saved his ass.

@ Nate: If Avs and Lake Erie were healthy, they would have definitely been a playoff team (even with Chynoweth behind the helm). I don't think they are going to win the division or secure a playoff spot easily due to the lack of talent, but a playoff bubble team is what you should expect next season. Patrick Roy has been working hard trying to improve this organizations depth so I would except some more signings, especially Europeans like Everberg and Rendulic.

Curious, why would Florida want to leave San Antonio just to move farther away with their AHL team? Makes zero sense except of Portland is a class A organization. Springfield is opening up, they could have went there as well.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Nate, are you going to be in on any of those Q&As with Billington? Interested to hear what he has to say about it all.

We have a STH event tonight, though I don't know if Billington will be here (I doubt it). I will definitely try to get something from him after the season, though. This is pretty big news in the small Rampage family we have, so I think I owe it to them to get some comments from the Colorado folks.

member 116861

Now our AHL team has the most boring jerseys in the world. If anybody knows of any Lake Erie jersey sales, please let me know.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Now our AHL team has the most boring jerseys in the world. If anybody knows of any Lake Erie jersey sales, please let me know.

Now those are fighting words...

I'll take our jersey over almost every team in the AHL. Clean, simple, and sharp. No cartoon characters. No unnecessary stripes or piping.

member 116861

Now those are fighting words...

I'll take our jersey over almost every team in the AHL. Clean, simple, and sharp. No cartoon characters. No unnecessary stripes or piping.

I'm sorry but they're just black, white, and grey. The only team that can get away with that is the Raiders.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'm sorry but they're just black, white, and grey. The only team that can get away with that is the Raiders.

And the Kings. White pants. It's so crazy, it just might work.

150221_KingsSharks2226_bay120-845x563.jpg

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes. Spurs are one of the best organizations in all of pro sports. Not sure if that means anything for the Rampage or not but it can't hurt to be in business with good people. Certainly better than scum like Dan Gilbert.

Surprised they went for five years when there has been so much talk about them trying to put a team in Colorado. We don't know about opt outs though and I guess the two sides can agree to end it earlier if they really want to.

I don't know man, I kinda like them. They kept them the same as the Spurs colours. Nice and simple. Slap an Avs patch on it and it's good.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Dan Weiss ‏@DanWeissPBP 42m42 minutes ago San Antonio, TX
Dean Chynoweth will become the 10th head coach in @sarampage history next season. Currently in his third season with the Monsters.

He isn't going anywhere sadly.

Well then. Just like that my optimism is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad