2014-15 Lake Erie Monsters (AHL) & Fort Wayne Komets (ECHL) l Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
We'll take good care of your boys, Colorado.

And you'll get some decent coverage of them too. Not from mainstream media, though. Oh Lord no.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

And you'll get some decent coverage of them too. Not from mainstream media, though. Oh Lord no.

I did a quick browse and didn't see much in the local paper, definitely point us in the direction of where such good coverage is when the time comes. Lake Erie had nothing, absolutely nothing.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I didn't expect the 5 years, but that gives some stability and easier transportation. I wish they found a Colorado location, but this isn't a bad option either.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
I did a quick browse and didn't see much in the local paper, definitely point us in the direction of where such good coverage is when the time comes. Lake Erie had nothing, absolutely nothing.

Our local media does the bare minimum. Which is why I started Running With the Herd

We do weekly radio shows, have a fancy stats writer, and a former beat writer for the Rampage who contributes a couple stories per month.

I look forward to making some new twitter friends as well.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Five years, wow.

I didn't expect five years

Well, apparently affiliation agreements can be terminated with certain clauses. We may go the whole 5 years, but we may also only do 1-2 (if the Avs bought their own AHL team). Who knows, maybe they don't want their own team for the time being (though that makes the rumors about them wanting to have their AHL team closer to them a bit odd)

I'm extremely hopeful that it'll be a beneficial arrangement for both parties. I don't doubt that there were some "hard feelings" (from Cavs mgmt) on the Avs organization when the Lacroix's were in charge, they didn't seem to really care about the development of prospects (and the results in Lake Erie showed that). However, I do believe that mindset is 100% different with Sakic and Roy. If you spy on our boards enough, you'll see that Roy has mentioned wanting to have good/great depth when it comes to the minors. He's constantly mentioned looking at how Detroit and TB bring their players along.

The Monsters will just barely finish outside the Playoffs this year, and while it sucks (it does, I mean that), I think there's some improvement there from previous seasons, and we're looking at getting better talent down there.

So again, I'm hopeful that this will be a good situation for both the Avs (developing their younger players) and the Rampage (having a quality product to cheer for).

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Our local media does the bare minimum. Which is why I started Running With the Herd

We do weekly radio shows, have a fancy stats writer, and a former beat writer for the Rampage who contributes a couple stories per month.

I look forward to making some new twitter friends as well.

Yeah, I think you'll find a lot of Avs fans who will immediately jump on your twitter and your site. (I know myself and TV will likely be two that will be relying on you)

How are you about breaking/confirming injury news? It was maddening having to guess (or learn from STH that were connected w/ the team) what was keeping certain players out.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Well, apparently affiliation agreements can be terminated with certain clauses. We may go the whole 5 years, but we may also only do 1-2 (if the Avs bought their own AHL team). Who knows, maybe they don't want their own team for the time being (though that makes the rumors about them wanting to have their AHL team closer to them a bit odd)

I'm extremely hopeful that it'll be a beneficial arrangement for both parties. I don't doubt that there were some "hard feelings" (from Cavs mgmt) on the Avs organization when the Lacroix's were in charge, they didn't seem to really care about the development of prospects (and the results in Lake Erie showed that). However, I do believe that mindset is 100% different with Sakic and Roy. If you spy on our boards enough, you'll see that Roy has mentioned wanting to have good/great depth when it comes to the minors. He's constantly mentioned looking at how Detroit and TB bring their players along.

The Monsters will just barely finish outside the Playoffs this year, and while it sucks (it does, I mean that), I think there's some improvement there from previous seasons, and we're looking at getting better talent down there.

So again, I'm hopeful that this will be a good situation for both the Avs (developing their younger players) and the Rampage (having a quality product to cheer for).

Yeah that's true. It's actually quite common for an AHL team to break an agreement if there's an alternative in place. The Jets were supposed to be here next year but when we were able to get the Habs here next year an agreement was made right away to send the Jet's farm back to Manitoba.

Same as here @RampageNate. Website's twitter is @RWtHLive

Gotchya!

hf031

Apr 7, 2014
Mooresville, NC
From the Cleveland perspective, I really hope that Aggozino feels strongly enough about the Monsters and the city to try and get in with Columbus. He has some family in the area and knows the place inside out by now, plus he's a fan favorite. That'd be a great resource and person for the Jackets to have in place.

Of course, Aggz's current leadership is with this group of guys, but I wonder if he is a bit salty that he had this outlandish month and a half yet still didn't get a sniff in the NHL.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yes, a flow of information would be lovely. A more properly covered team would be fantastic, I'm sure many will be interested. It was truly sad the lengths we went to in order to get basic information. P

Wonder how divisions will shake out now.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Agozzino will go to NHL training camps before he signs an AHL contract. Let's be serious.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
From the Cleveland perspective, I really hope that Aggozino feels strongly enough about the Monsters and the city to try and get in with Columbus. He has some family in the area and knows the place inside out by now, plus he's a fan favorite. That'd be a great resource and person for the Jackets to have in place.

Of course, Aggz's current leadership is with this group of guys, but I wonder if he is a bit salty that he had this outlandish month and a half yet still didn't get a sniff in the NHL.

This only happens if Ago is traded to Columbus or he is 30 years old and realizes he isn't going to make it. You don't stick around because you like your AHL city when you're 23 years old and lead your team in scoring every year.

Jason Jaffrey for example will almost 100% stay in St. John's even though it will be a different team. He loves the city, knows he wont play in the NHL again, is our captain and has kids who go to school and love it here. Aggo is about 5 or 6 failed NHL training camps and two years in europe away from even considering that.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Agozzino will go to NHL training camps before he signs an AHL contract. Let's be serious.

On top of that, I thought he was still an RFA w/ the Avs? I mean, he may not get tendered, but he always might (if the Avs have their eye on him being a leader in SA)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

He was called up once. It depends if the Avs qualify him or not. He is on a NHL contract so if the Avs qualify him they retain his rights.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I fully expect Agozzino to be qualified. It will be up to him if he wants to stay in NA or head overseas.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
There are Agozzinos all over the place. Dime a dozen. If he can succeed overseas, kudos to him. He's not an NHL player. We can pickup another AHL scorer after NHL camps.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Apparently Deaner has already been announced as head coach for the Rampage next year...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I hope that's just them assuming he will be, and not a for sure thing.

Guy has got to go.

Dan Weiss ‏@DanWeissPBP 42m42 minutes ago San Antonio, TX
Dean Chynoweth will become the 10th head coach in @sarampage history next season. Currently in his third season with the Monsters.

He isn't going anywhere sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad