2014-15 Lake Erie Monsters (AHL) & Fort Wayne Komets (ECHL) l Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Here's a decent update on the state of AHL western expansion

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/hockeyozone/2015/01/12/ahl-schedule-will-shrink/21650405/

Basically says the Avs have a year left on their agreement with Lake Erie and would look for other options after that.

I think that pretty much answers it. The Avs will be in Cleveland next year, and will try to put their team in the west in 16-17.

Supposedly a big announcement about San Diego hockey is coming this month.

I believe the AHL meetings are January 25th, so I'd expect it around then. Way too much smoke around San Diego for it not to happen IMO.

hf031

Apr 7, 2014
Mooresville, NC
Thanks for sharing that link - seems to be the most definitive and authoritative one to date. It all seems to make a lot of sense, as well. Columbus re-upped with Springfield through next season, so their affiliation will be ending just as Colorado's is with Lake Erie. Maybe Colorado purchases Springfield? The biggest obstacle to that scenario, I would think, is that Springfield is a charter city in the AHL and the home of the league's offices. That's a lot of history there.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
I think that pretty much answers it. The Avs will be in Cleveland next year, and will try to put their team in the west in 16-17.

I believe the AHL meetings are January 25th, so I'd expect it around then. Way too much smoke around San Diego for it not to happen IMO.

I think it'd be good to give San Diego another shot at pro hockey. The hockey landscape has really changed since the Gulls folded.

God knows they need a sports team worth cheering for around here.

AvsFanRCN

Dec 21, 2011
Victoria, BC, Canada
Anyone know how Noreau has been playing this year? I thought he was an interesting signing when we grabbed him and probably a borderline player between the clubs. Has he shown anything that would make him a strong canditate for a call up?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Noreau has been solid, one of the team leaders in points and wears an A now. If they needed a RD I'm sure he would be called up, that's probably the key reason why he hasn't is just there hasn't been a need.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Anyone know how Noreau has been playing this year? I thought he was an interesting signing when we grabbed him and probably a borderline player between the clubs. Has he shown anything that would make him a strong canditate for a call up?

I haven't seen him play, but the problem for him is the log jam on the right side. EJ, Barrie, Redmond, Stuart, maybe even Elliott gets called up before him.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Wolves have four members of the 2010 Chicago Stanley Cup winning team (Burish, Eager, Sopel and Fraser). I guess that's because of marketing reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad