GDT: 2013 Training Camp Thread (Camp opens weekend of 1/11; NHL games start 1/19)

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Just out of curiousity, who were the NON LA KINGS players training at TSC before the agreement was finalized...I think Souray was spending more time in Anaheim...but Parros, Miller, Phaneuf...were they around?

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Hi guys, I need some help for my hockey pool, is Quick gonna be ready to start the season ? If not how much time he's expected to miss ? thanks

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Hi guys, I need some help for my hockey pool, is Quick gonna be ready to start the season ? If not how much time he's expected to miss ? thanks

He should be ready to start the season.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Is there really NO news coming out of camp? Who's in good shape? Who's been partying too much? How is Toffoli looking?

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
From the Kings News Daily Tweeter feed:

Huge Stat on last year's Kings: were 22-3-8 when Richards recorded a point. He needs to score more.

If he stays healthy, he will score more, his regulara season ended last year Dec 1.
Not a surprise, usually similar stats as a Flyer. His last year, the team was 16-0 when he scored a goal, until the very last game, lost 2-1.
And they usually lost if he was out. Not unlike last year when he went out with the concussiomn and they lost 5 in a row.

Hopefully, Sat is the only Kings game I miss, cost of being on the wrong coast. But I'll be listening over the computer to the radio feed. At least NHL Center Ice is only $49. It's a shame they only cover the game, I'll miss the FSW pre and post game shows.
I like the Kings chances against Crawford and I'm sure the team will be fired up after seeing the banner go up.

riseandfall9

Jun 7, 2006
Gagne went down in practice today... he finished practice but might be something to look at going forward.

Tyler Toffolli has looked good. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a few NHL games in Kopi`s injury. But I doubt it.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
From the Kings News Daily Tweeter feed:

Huge Stat on last year's Kings: were 22-3-8 when Richards recorded a point. He needs to score more.

These are the worst types of stats.

Shock a team wins more when 1 of their players scores giving them a 1 goal advantage

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
Gagne went down in practice today... he finished practice but might be something to look at going forward.

Tyler Toffolli has looked good. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a few NHL games in Kopi`s injury. But I doubt it.

He went down? How do you know?

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Holy cow, did Zajac get overpaid. 8/46 was the ballpark I hoped Brown would be in this coming off-season, so much for that.

Agreed, but NJ has started a history of overpaying players in the cap era, whether RFA or UFA, while Deano has generally had a very good track record with getting guys signed long-term at resonable salaries. Case in point, Jonathan Quick.

Brown has a history in LA, signed a bit of a sweetheart deal for us last time around that now looks ridiculously cheap, and judging by how he played after those trade rumours came out, doesn't want to leave LA. I'd imagine he wants to leave even less considering the Kings are the defending cup champions and the entire cup roster is back for another run.

I say he returns at a cap hit of around $4.5-$4.9 million on a 5-7 year deal.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
"It wasn't a layoff, on the farm we work everyday".

"Yeah, were back"

One of my all time favorite interviews in hockey. DS, you are the man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad