GDT: 2013 Training Camp Thread (Camp opens weekend of 1/11; NHL games start 1/19)

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Holy cow, did Zajac get overpaid. 8/46 was the ballpark I hoped Brown would be in this coming off-season, so much for that.

Agreed, but NJ has started a history of overpaying players in the cap era, whether RFA or UFA, while Deano has generally had a very good track record with getting guys signed long-term at resonable salaries. Case in point, Jonathan Quick.

I think I'm just relieved that I don't have to sit through another Parise situation with Zajac. 5.75 seems a bit stiff, but Zajac is a solid center. He's just not the guy that's going to win your fantasy league for you. Mike Richards would be a comparable (I'd rather have Richards) with the same cap hit but spread over more years.

We'll see how the cap progresses over the years. 5.75 might not seem as bad if the cap keeps increasing.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I'd say he'd be a good fit, but we have last pick. If he were to fall to us, I'd take him though. A veteran presence with a Stanley Cup ring, he has lost a step, but he did alright with the Flyers last year and will be in a 5-6 spot.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I wonder if Dean would consider putting in a claim for Adam Pardy who was waived by the Sabres. He does have familiarity with the division playing in Dallas last season. Could be a half decent bottom pairing/rotational guy in the interim till Willie gets back. The problem would be his salary ($2 million).

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I wonder if Dean would consider putting in a claim for Adam Pardy who was waived by the Sabres. He does have familiarity with the division playing in Dallas last season. Could be a half decent bottom pairing/rotational guy in the interim till Willie gets back. The problem would be his salary ($2 million).

At that salary I doubt it. Is he any better than Muzzin?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->