GDT: 2013 Training Camp Thread (Camp opens weekend of 1/11; NHL games start 1/19)

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Lilja was a pylon last season, pass

LA just waived Bodnarchuk, looks like Muzzin in the #6 slot for now

Hmm I hope they get a chance to play Muzzin, cause he needs the minutes.

Does the kid no good to sit in the stands. He needs serious work.

Bondoao1

Oct 4, 2009
SoCal
Any word on why Penner didnt practice with the team?

From LAKingsInsider.com
Dustin Penner worked out at the facility early this morning but did not practice. Sutter said Penner had been excused for “something we have known about for a long time.â€

injory? court date? IHOP commercial shoot?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Sutter just said in that interview it was an appointment they knew about for some time. Penner couldn't reschedule it.

Not a big deal.

Does anything bother him?

He got a little butthurt on his twitter during the lockout. I twatted him a few times asking him to join my beer league team but he didn't oblige. When there was that meeting in early December and the owners walked out, I guess he got a bunch of twoots that weren't to his liking so he was responding to people which was kinda funny.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
The good news is Mitchell is back. The bad news is when he comes back what the heck are the Kings gonna do with Drewiske, Muzzin, Richardson, Stewart, Nolan and Clifford....Only 4 stay. One of those on the last 4th line spot with Gagne-Fraser and 2 extra forwards and 1 extra D...or 2 extra D and 1 extra forward...

Vic Vinegar

Oct 27, 2009
Per the Mayor, Willie is on the ice this morning testing his knee.
Good news. Hopefully he's back soon.

The good news is Mitchell is back. The bad news is when he comes back what the heck are the Kings gonna do with Drewiske, Muzzin, Richardson, Stewart, Nolan and Clifford....Only 4 stay. One of those on the last 4th line spot with Gagne-Fraser and 2 extra forwards and 1 extra D...or 2 extra D and 1 extra forward...
Send Nolan back to Manchester, and trade Drewiske/Richardson would be my guess.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Nolan is a stud in the sense he provides this team with the best combination of hitting and fighting...better than Clifford I believe.

Richardson can take a walk and obviously Stewart as well. Muzzin can go back to Manchester where he belongs and Drewiske can go back to the press box where he belongs.

Regardless, I wouldn't be so quick as to say "Mitchell is back". He's testing the knee, not preparing to play tomorrow.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Big King, I agreew with everything EXCEPT the Muzzin part...He is the Kings most ready prospect on D. They will not lose him and Hickey.

Nolan is better at this point than Clifford and Stewart.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Muzzin and DavisD will likely go into a rotation for the 7th spot. Nolan will stay with the team. I would waive or deal Richie (but I would do that anyways regardless of space) and Clifford has the other spot.

I would waive A Stew and then send him down to Manch as a call up.

Nolan Cliffy DavisD and Muzzin. I believe that if we send Muzzin down he will have to be put on waivers and would get claimed if left unprotected, We could risk leaving Richie and A stew unprotected if needed.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
The one problem is that when Kopitar comes back....

Williams-Kopitar-Brown
Carter-Richards-Penner
Lewis-Stoll-King
Nolan-Fraser-Gagne

This is how the playoffs were....BUT, this line-up makes Clifford a healthy scartch so I have to imagine Nolan goes down (sadly), Clifford takes that spot and Kings keep ONE of Richardson/Stewart as the extra forward to go with Drewiske/Muzzin.

I just don't see the Kings sitting Nolan or Clifford but they will sit Stewart/Richardson.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
The one problem is that when Kopitar comes back....

Williams-Kopitar-Brown
Carter-Richards-Penner
Lewis-Stoll-King
Nolan-Fraser-Gagne

This is how the playoffs were....BUT, this line-up makes Clifford a healthy scartch so I have to imagine Nolan goes down (sadly), Clifford takes that spot and Kings keep ONE of Richardson/Stewart as the extra forward to go with Drewiske/Muzzin.

I just don't see the Kings sitting Nolan or Clifford but they will sit Stewart/Richardson.

Great points. I hadn't thought of that. I guess it will come down to who they think is ready of the two (Nolan and Clifford) which you have to think will be Clifford and then one of A Stew or Richie as well.

Lots to think about.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I know...tough. Sutter likes Nolan, so it's really tough but I know Lombardi/Sutter won't want either of Clifford/Nolan sitting all year as a healthy scratch. So unless someone else gets injured or traded not named Richardson/Stewart, I have to believe Nolan goes down...which bums me out.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
e one problem is that when Kopitar comes back....

Williams-Kopitar-Brown
Carter-Richards-Penner
Lewis-Stoll-King
Nolan-Fraser-Gagne

This is how the playoffs were....

That's only because Gagne hadn't played in six months. Sutter won't waste talent like Gagne on the 4th line. He should be on the 2nd line with Richards. SToll doesn't have the skill set to compliment Gagne's speed and skill. And don't forget that Gagne is completely pain free and healthy for the first time in 4 years. Sutter wants this team to win, and a healthy and productive Gagne will be used accordingly. If anything Penner will go to the 3rd line. Gagne is faster and a lot more skilled than Penner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad