In:
Joe Morrow
Eric Cole
Lane MacDermid
Cody Payne
Kevin Connauton
Cameron Gaunce
VAN 2nd 2013
BOS 2nd 2013 (1st if they make the conference finals)
PIT 5rd 2013

Is that everything? Am I missing anyone?

Last edited:

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
So this trade deadline:

Out:
Brenden Morrow
Jaromir Jagr
Derek Roy
Tomas Vincour

In:
Joe Morrow
Lane MacDermid
Cody Payne
Kevin Connauton
Cameron Gaunce
VAN 2nd 2013
BOS 2nd 2013 (1st if they make the conference finals)
PIT 3rd 2013

Is that everything? Am I missing anyone?

Actually their 5th

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Actually their 5th

Oh yeah, it was our 3rd going their way. Fixd. I also forgot about Ryder lol.

When you look at it as a whole, it's actually quite a lot of crap for assets that didn't really have much value. Morrow and Ott were first rounders, but they played out their primes here and we certainly benefited from the value of those picks. The rest of the stuff was Vincour, a 5th rounder, and a bunch of FA signings. JN came out ahead in the value department, even if the Jagr and Ryder trades sucked.

604162_444985628920645_1472440935_n.jpg

how i feel

****ing Joe, can't even give us a single bandwagon to hop onto :cry:

Last edited:

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Yeah..Sneep for a conditional 7th (10 games in the NHL).

I have a feeling with the large amount of Dmen now that Dallas isn't finished and we could see one or two more moved.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Do you think we trade Daley? I mean Robidas has to be gone right with all of these d-men in Austin. Have to imagine that Morrow and Oleksiak are with the team next year. Along with Jordie Benn :shakehead

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Don't think they can trade both Daley and Robidas because they've got to reach the floor somehow and I can't imagine they'll have Rome as the only vet on the blue line.

I do wonder if all these guys basically spell the end of Larsen. It's obvious he's not really what they want from a size stand point and with the utter log jam more than one NHL and AHL defenseman needs to go. It also seems to reason that Wrenn won't get an ELC from Dallas either.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Would honestly not be surprised if Larsen is the one traded tomorrow.

IMO ... their goal is to get to 3 larger D and 3 smaller D. I don't think they are ready to take Daley or Goligoski off the core list. That means Robidas .... which it should be because of the potential value... or Larsen.

In true GM Joe fashion ... I expect to see Larsen gone.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
If Daley is traded and Robidas stays, I will commit sudoku.

If Daley doesn't have to babysit a player of infant like defensive ability he's by far our best defensemen.

I kinda want Daley to spend his entire career in Dallas just so we can say we had one of those players nobody outside of Dallas knows about but plays 1200-1300 games for you.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Well, if Larsen is traded we can be sure to hear the naysayers telling us how he's "just a guy" and that if he were any good he would have had more of a chance.

As a fan of the Stars I want to keep him and hope the next coach/GM will realize his true gifts. As a Larsen fan and a bit of a pessimist about all things Dallas Stars lately I expect Nieuwendyk to be here next year, Gully's option picked up in the name of "continuity" or some other BS, and Larsen traded now or in the offseason for table scraps and to shine when playing in a decent system under an NHL level head coach.

Brand New Stars

Well, if Larsen is traded we can be sure to hear the naysayers telling us how he's "just a guy" and that if he were any good he would have had more of a chance.

He's shown a lot more than Vincour, so the list would dwindle.

________

Feb 6, 2006
Don't think they can trade both Daley and Robidas because they've got to reach the floor somehow and I can't imagine they'll have Rome as the only vet on the blue line.

I do wonder if all these guys basically spell the end of Larsen. It's obvious he's not really what they want from a size stand point and with the utter log jam more than one NHL and AHL defenseman needs to go. It also seems to reason that Wrenn won't get an ELC from Dallas either.

Why worry about the cap floor next year? There will be free agents available and with the cap going down teams are going to have to get rid of some contracts.

In a Robidas trade the Stars can retain 1.65 million next year if they'd want. To make him more valuable in a trade and get a even better return.

Last edited:

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
I think most here would be pissed if we traded Larsen as the return would likely suck. Better off giving him a chance. We are going to suck ass next year anyway.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I think most here would be pissed if we traded Larsen as the return would likely suck. Better off giving him a chance. We are going to suck ass next year anyway.

Depends ... it's surprising, but Dallas is actually in a position to get into the Top 6 and potentially land a NHL ready prospect .... and most of them are centers.

Wouldn't be that unreasonable to think Dallas' wingers could be good enough to have a potent offense with Benn-Draft Pick-Eakin down the middle.

The D can't get worst ... it can get better ... and they have plenty of people to experiment with.

I don't want to sit here and say I'm optimistic it will happen, but it's not impossible.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Was lurking on the Bruins board, and in the Jagr trade thread they're saying Columbus made a pitch for Jagr that involved LA's 1st round pick (the Jackets have three 1sts, amazingly).

My guess, if this report is true, is that Joe declined to trade with Columbus, out of respect to Jagr.

Almost like an invisible NTC that only he and Jaromir know about, where Jagr decides where he gets traded. A classy move, albeit an unnecessary one that may cost this team in the long run.

Might also be why that condition was added to the Bruins pick....Dallas is banking on the Bruins having a monster playoff run. Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad