Speculation: 2013 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmwang

Nov 4, 2011
Okay, now that Joe has unloaded Roy and Jagr as fast as possible, lets watch him hold out on Robidas because he is so ****ing valuable.

Jere26

Jul 12, 2011
C'mon Joe, sell Robidas... ;)

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 57s

The Bruins will still try to add a defenceman before tomorrow's deadline. #TRADETRACKER

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I don't know how you could watch last night's game and not come to the realization that Robidas is a major part of this team's systemic problems. If Joe doesn't see it I hope Gainey and Recchi talked some sense into him and the other shoe just hasn't dropped yet.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
I don't know how you could watch last night's game and not come to the realization that Robidas is a major part of this team's systemic problems. If Joe doesn't see it I hope Gainey and Recchi talked some sense into him and the other shoe just hasn't dropped yet.

I bet it drops tomorrow. He's working the phones hard right now to move some more pieces.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I bet it drops tomorrow. He's working the phones hard right now to move some more pieces.

I think you and piqued are right. This doesn't make sense unless it's a total sell off.

They seem to be focusing on the picks with the 2 most recent trades. They were the most valuable part of each move.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Robidas has more value than both Jagr and Roy did based on one year left and a decent contract.

I bet some team takes him from us tomorrow.

And, I may not be popular, but if I were Joe, I'd entertain offers on Loui too. Just to see what he could be traded for.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Robidas has more value than both Jagr and Roy did based on one year left and a decent contract.

I bet some team takes him from us tomorrow.

And, I may not be popular, but if I were Joe, I'd entertain offers on Loui too. Just to see what he could be traded for.

Yeah, no. Joe would get us a 5th and a b level prospect for Louie.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

I have to say it's not that crazy to think anymore. With Bobby Ryan rumored being available for Sean Couturier, is that the type of return you think Dallas would look for?

I can't really think of a D I'd want for him.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
well they can't keep all these defenders, someone has to go so hopefully robidas is next. To Toronto for Colburne.

We aren't getting Schroeder for Roy.

We aren't getting Boston's top 2 center prospects for Jagr.

We most certainly are noy getting Toronto's top center prospect for Stephane Robidas.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I just have to shake my head at that sentiment.

I'll say it one more time... transition year. Nothing that happens really matters.

The amount of turning on Loui and Benn this year has been borderline sickening to me. It's the exact same kind of shortsightedness that leads to things like getting rid of Neal. "Oh, but he was slumping..." Yeah. Players occasionally have years where things don't go that great for them. It's OK. There will be a next season. You'd think Loui has proven enough to have at least some kind of cachet around here... maybe not.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

I'll say it one more time... transition year. Nothing that happens really matters.

The amount of turning on Loui and Benn this year has been borderline sickening to me. It's the exact same kind of shortsightedness that leads to things like getting rid of Neal. "Oh, but he was slumping..." Yeah. Players occasionally have years where things don't go that great for them. It's OK. There will be a next season. You'd think Loui has proven enough to have at least some kind of cachet around here... maybe not.

Agreed

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta

Not at all turning on Loui but if you are in rebuild mode, you look at what is out there I'd have to think.

aloonda*

agreed
loui and benn need to stay
they are both young enough for a youth movement

I read the other night that loui may have mono right now? If so, he's still playing well, just can't get some shots to go in. Of course, his assists would be through the roof if others would get to the net

Brand New Stars

Forget who said that about Loui, but he was joking. No way a player would have the energy to play with mono.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta

Not at all turning on Loui but if you are in rebuild mode, you look at what is out there I'd have to think.

aloonda*

There is a difference between listening and shopping.
You always listen. You don't always shop.

beardedgraf

Nov 4, 2008
Dallas
I am just thankful that we are finally giving up on a season. Yeah we didnt get a whole lot for our rentals but I highly doubt we have to worry about a hot streak ruining our draft position this year. How far down the standings can we go?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I am just thankful that we are finally giving up on a season. Yeah we didnt get a whole lot for our rentals but I highly doubt we have to worry about a hot streak ruining our draft position this year. How far down the standings can we go?

2 Points out of Top 6; 3 points out of Top 5; 5 points out of Top 3.

I could see Dallas losing 10 of the next 13.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
2 Points out of Top 6; 3 points out of Top 5; 5 points out of Top 3.

I could see Dallas losing 10 of the next 13.

Anaheim
Anaheim
San Jose
LA
Nashville
San Jose
Chicago
Vancouver
St Louis
LA
San Jose
Columbus
Detroit

I could see this two game losing streak extended to 15 haha

But hey if we end up with a top 3 pick then who cares

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
That is right. If people really want a rebuild, then they should support the idea of trading Loui.

What we've seen today isn't rebuilding or a fire sale. The team traded two rental forwards who had pretty limited value. They traded anther low value rental a week ago. Dumping three pending UFAs is not a rebuild, and as we have seen, it also does not land the kind of return that will transform the franchise.

Trading Loui would be a huge change. It would also bring back the kind of return that would help the team in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad