Pre-Game Talk: 2013 Season opener NYR @ Boston Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I don't find the Rangers system too boring, not like the old Devils, at least.

BUT, the midday games between Boston-NY always seem to be soooo sloooow.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Joe McDonald ‏@ESPNJoeyMac
Horton: "I’m not worried about my head. I’m not worried about being in contact, or getting into a fight or anything like that."

Savage

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
:handclap: :yo:

It'll be fun to see the reaction he'll get from the crowd (as small as it may be, post-lockout)..

Zero chance it's not a packed house. Saturday night, home opener against a rival? Some like to talk tough about not going, but most will use their tix. And those that won't, will sell them. Nobody's just going to eat them to "make a point."

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
BAQdjnXCMAAWJI6.jpg:large

:vhappy:

And I don't care if the Bruins play the Little Sisters of the Poor. Drop the puck!

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Joe McDonald ‏@ESPNJoeyMac
Horton: "I’m not worried about my head. I’m not worried about being in contact, or getting into a fight or anything like that."

Savage
BAQdjnXCMAAWJI6.jpg:large

:vhappy:

And I don't care if the Bruins play the Little Sisters of the Poor. Drop the puck!

:handclap::handclap::yo::handclap::handclap:

this is awesome, can't wait to see the Bruins in action!

Schalkenullvier*

Is it confirmed that we play the rags? Meh. Games against them have a history of being snoozefests and we'll probably lose (lundqvist has our number). If it wweren't the season opener I'b be seriously considering to watch the pens-flyers hatefest... but it is the season opener

Taking the positives, a) It's a statement game early on, b) I'm hoping for a matinee :)P) and c) I'll get to wear my first ever bruins jersey for the first time, ven if it's only with a buddy in front of the laptop :handclap:

Why don't the rags just play redden on the bottom pairing? I've heard reports that he could still hack it there and it's not like they are stacked at that position, i mean last year Bickel or so had 5 mins of TOI in a 3 OT playoff game...

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't particularly find the Rangers physical in the same way they B's are with the Flyers, Sharks or other teams. I am not a huge fan of "everybody collapse in front of the goalie and block shots" style of play. It works against the Bruins like a charm, but it isn't the most entertaining style of hockey.

So now what?

Be glad this isn't a problem for the Bruins to solve. Sure we have the Thomas problem, but that one was a problem before the new CBA.

Zero chance it's not a packed house. Saturday night, home opener against a rival? Some like to talk tough about not going, but most will use their tix. And those that won't, will sell them. Nobody's just going to eat them to "make a point."

I bet it is packed too. I don't think the lockout in the end hurts the Bruins organization that much-although it may in the end hurt some of the small market teams.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
whenever the B's play the Rags I really want to just see them drop bombs from the point all night. If they insist on getting in front of shots, make them pay for it. We do have the most dangerous slapshot in the league after all.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I don't particularly find the Rangers physical in the same way they B's are with the Flyers, Sharks or other teams. I am not a huge fan of "everybody collapse in front of the goalie and block shots" style of play. It works against the Bruins like a charm, but it isn't the most entertaining style of hockey.

Be glad this isn't a problem for the Bruins to solve. Sure we have the Thomas problem, but that one was a problem before the new CBA.

I bet it is packed too. I don't think the lockout in the end hurts the Bruins organization that much-although it may in the end hurt some of the small market teams.

That may be, but since the Rags are the real Prez trophy winners (I consider the leader in team FM's to be more important than the leader in points) ;), then our boys better be ready for some willing dance partners.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I never miss opening night, but if Toronto is playing Boston the following day, i really may have to get tickets for that as well. Can't miss bobbylou's first time playing in the garden since the cup run.

rumor is no leafs for MLK matinee. i have heard it will be the 'PEG' coming to town.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Too bad it's not an afternoon game. I have to work at 8p that day. Maybe I'll be able to take a vacation day.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Sucks that it's against the boring Rangers but at least it's Bruins hockey. Talk about a ****** way to start the season up though.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
rumor is no leafs for MLK matinee. i have heard it will be the 'PEG' coming to town.

I hope its a matinee game- I'll be pissed if its not a threaten to boycott something Bruins related

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Hahaha. Me too. Most of the time those Rangers/Bruins SAT matinees are 2.5 hours of watching paint dry...Generally in late March, first weekend in April when its really nice out too!

I was one in 2010 i believe.. i literally almost fell asleep.. it was a bit of the game.. but also the too many beers the night before and 6 hours of sleep. But screw it.. i'll blame the rangers haha

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Wonder if there are going to be a ton of Ranger fans up for this big one?
This is why these teams belong in the same division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad