Pre-Game Talk: 2013 Season opener NYR @ Boston Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Bruins got shafted on schedule,They play poor against Carolina looked bad last yr in Winnipeg,Throw in Pens Caps and Flyers more on road then home hahaha And two worst teams in divison they only play 4,leafs and habs, bad draw for sure,,but o well.need to win games period.

fixed.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
We more or less know the Offensive lineups, but what about the D pairings?

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Hamilton
McQuaid-Ference

????

Warsofski as 7th D for the first 2-3 games before Aaron Johnson completes conditioning for Providence?

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
We more or less know the Offensive lineups, but what about the D pairings?

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Hamilton
McQuaid-Ference

????

Warsofski as 7th D for the first 2-3 games before Aaron Johnson completes conditioning for Providence?

Yeah looks right although Ference plays the left side on the bottom pairing.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Can't believe we're just around 11 or so hours away from the very first real GDT of the season.

Even though it's against the Bruins, I'm really intrigued to see how Nash does for New York in his first game. I'm hoping he sucks ass (at least when playing Boston ;) )

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
It feels good to be back in real game action.

Hit them hard and him them early, will be interesting to see how Rask does as a starter and how the Krejci line does with Lucic not playing and Horton back after so long, also Hamilton playing against men.

Go Bruins Go.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Rangers lineup per katie strang ESPN..

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Gaborik-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider-Boyle-Pyatt
Rupp-Halpern-Segal

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Del Zotto-Bickel

Outside of Kreider and maybe Pyatt, that bottom 6 is pretty weak. A lot of toughness, but not a lot of guys that will show up on the scoresheet for anything other than a couple PIMs.

On the other hand, their top 6 and blueline are both pretty scary.

All in all, should be a great, physical game. I think the Rags are just the opponent the B's need to kickstart their season into high gear. A team that will force the Bruins to play strong, smart, physical hockey right off the bat.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I can definitely see Peverley, Kelly and hopefully Bourque taking it to their third line. Could be the difference

Outside of Kreider and maybe Pyatt, that bottom 6 is pretty weak. A lot of toughness, but not a lot of guys that will show up on the scoresheet for anything other than a couple PIMs.

On the other hand, their top 6 and blueline are both pretty scary.

All in all, should be a great, physical game. I think the Rags are just the opponent the B's need to kickstart their season into high gear. A team that will force the Bruins to play strong, smart, physical hockey right off the bat.

Has the makings of a far more physical game between these two then we are used to. Old friend of mine who works in the City that I don't talk to much is a huge Bruins fan and frequents some of the same hangouts told me today that he ran into Prust and Bickell last year (wearing his Chara jersey) and Stu told him that Chara "threatened to kill him next time" for taking on Gregory Campbell (they did play one more time after that and nothing) ...add in Segal who will try to make a name for himself in his one game audition and you should have some early fireworks.

Last edited:

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Anyone planning on doing the barstool sports pub crawl tomorrow? Apparently, it's starting at 1:00 over at the North Star. I'm guessing not many of the folks starting things off at that point are going to remember much of the game.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Anyone planning on doing the barstool sports pub crawl tomorrow? Apparently, it's starting at 1:00 over at the North Star. I'm guessing not many of the folks starting things off at that point are going to remember much of the game.

Are you the real Tuukka Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad