Pre-Game Talk: 2013 Season opener NYR @ Boston Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Just opening this thread for pre-game talk and random thoughts that don't deserve thier own thread.

Rumor has it we open in Buffalo on the 19th then Host the Leafs on the 21st at 1PM.

On the Leafs being a great option for the 21st because we had them booked for the 82 game season.
https://twitter.com/JoshRimerHockey/...50297663672320

This week is going to be such a long week.

So true. I feel like I have been waiting weeks since they finalized a tentative deal. At least training camps will be open at the end of the week and we will see some action. Can't wait for the 19th. I would think there would be 15 games that day which would be great

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Should be the Habs. I could only imagine how amazing it would have been. But oh well. Bring on any team.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Should be the Habs. I could only imagine how amazing it would have been. But oh well. Bring on any team.

Yeah I heard the Habs earlier in the week but now rumor is they host the Leafs.

Think the schedule comes out tommorow after the ratification or would we still have to wait longer for something else?

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Start Paille on the 3rd line for the opening night and put MacDermid on the 4th line and have him truck Ryan Miller. :laugh:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
For the first time ever I have tickets for the Baby Bruins on January 20 (from my daughter).....I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Big-B's play on the 20th.:amazed:

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Start Paille on the 3rd line for the opening night and put MacDermid on the 4th line and have him truck Ryan Miller. :laugh:
This.

John Scott will run around, take a 10:00 misconduct. Steve Ott will run around, getting out team physically and mentally involved.

I want awesome right away.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
It would have been but the CBC kicked, whined and screamed and got their "dream" match up of Leafs v. Habs. Nothing better than an irrelevant rivalry between two rubbish teams to get the season off to a roaring start.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
yeah- if its on mlk day, they gotta move it to 7pm
too many day games in the playoffs last year too. sick of them.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I would really rather not have any matinee games-the Bruins almost always suck at matinees and afternoon games don't really fit into my schedule.

I know matinees can't be avoided forever, but it would be nice if they could be avoided the first few games.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
So true. I feel like I have been waiting weeks since they finalized a tentative deal. At least training camps will be open at the end of the week and we will see some action. Can't wait for the 19th. I would think there would be 15 games that day which would be great

If the abbreviated schedule is only going to have games against teams within your own conference you can't have 15 games in 1 night. There's an odd number of teams in each conference, so one team in each conference won't be playing on the 19th.

I'm just guessing, but in trying to pair rivals, I think the NHL would try to have the following for the Eastern Conference.
Mon - Tor
Bos - Buf
Ott - Wpg
Nyr - Njd
Phi - Pit
Car - Wsh
Fla - TB
Nyi

Last edited:

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
If the abbreviated schedule is only going to have games against teams within your own conference you can't have 15 games in 1 night. There's an odd number of teams in each conference, so one team in each conference won't be playing on the 19th.

I'm just guessingu, but in trying to pair rivals, I think the NHL would try to have the following for the Eastern Conference.
Mon - Tor
Bos - Buf
Ott - Wpg
Nyr - Njd
Phi - Pit
Car - Wsh
Fla - TB
Nyi

I probably missed it - but is there no West vs. East Conference games?

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
None this year. But here's the funny thing, while all the media is saying no inter-conference play, a lot of them are also saying all 30 teams will be in action on opening night.

Now, I'm no genius at math, but isn't that impossible?

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." Ralph Wiggum

Yeah, Dom, there must be at least one inter-conf IF all 30 will be in action. Maybe they'll do a Kings vs Devils for that game.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
None this year. But here's the funny thing, while all the media is saying no inter-conference play, a lot of them are also saying all 30 teams will be in action on opening night.

Now, I'm no genius at math, but isn't that impossible?

Thanks for confirming the no east vs west thing OOG,

The only way I can see them having all 30 teams in action on the 19th without scheduling an east vs west game would be to schedule a double header. I'm fine with the Rangers playing the Islanders at 1:00 and then the Devils at 7:00 both at MSG.:help:

I'm glad I'm not the one trying to come up with a schedule.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
"Me fail English? That's unpossible." Ralph Wiggum

Yeah, Dom, there must be at least one inter-conf IF all 30 will be in action. Maybe they'll do a Kings vs Devils for that game.

Word is no interconference games, so it's more probable somebody will be left out of opening night.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
They should leave the remaining fixtures in place as much as possible and just add 8 more games to each team. Since each team won't play all of its division foes an equal number of times there are going to be teams with easier schedules than others.

I doubt any team has more than 5 OOC games scheduled anyways.

No problems if they push the Leafs back to 7pm but I think its nice for the kids who have school off and will get to this game for cheaper if it remains as is.

The lockout has showed me us adults do take sports way too seriously (noone more guilty of this than me.)

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
I heard the Habs are opening against the Leafs which seems like 100% and that the Sens are opening against the Jets.

So makes sense that we open against the Sabres which is not as good as against the Habs but great none the less!!

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I am so happy that we have actual hockey talk starting on the Boards. That lockout thread was getting on my nerves.

I think opening against the Sabers would be good. Not as nice as the Hab's but I have a feeling Bruins & Sabers are going to be very good/entertaining games this year.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I am so happy that we have actual hockey talk starting on the Boards. That lockout thread was getting on my nerves.

I think opening against the Sabres would be good. Not as nice as the Hab's but I have a feeling Bruins & Sabres are going to be very good/entertaining games this year.

Agreed. My only issue with Buffalo is that it's guaranteed that Ott and/or Kaleta are going to steamroll Tuukka now that they have Big John Scott and McCormick to fight their battles for them. But the fights should be epic. Especially if Chara decides to take on Scott.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Buffalo is the perfect opponent to open the season IMO. Get the physical juices flowing immediately. The B's play best when the rough stuff is amped up, & in a short season its best to get this Buffalo game in nice and early. either that or petition Bettman to allow one inter-conference game, B's vs. Stars !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad