Pre-Game Talk: 2013 Season opener NYR @ Boston Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think whether it is nationally televised will depend on who some of the other match-ups are, but this one seems to be tailor made for NBC.

Personally though, I would be content if all of the Bruins games were on NESN. I am not a huge fan of the NBC broadcast teams.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
I think whether it is nationally televised will depend on who some of the other match-ups are, but this one seems to be tailor made for NBC.

Personally though, I would be content if all of the Bruins games were on NESN. I am not a huge fan of the NBC broadcast teams.

I would be surprised if this was not on NBC they love the Bruins-Rangers, Maybe a Pens-Flyers matchup, but I am not seeing to many other options, I hope they do a double or triple header on NBC/NBCSN, Throw a couple more on NHL network.

What I would love.
1pm Wings-Blackhawks
4pm Flyers-Penguins
7pm Blues- Wild....7pm Nesn Rangers Bruins.
10pm Ducks-Kings

NHL Network
7pm Leafs-Habs
10pm Flames-oilers

Thats seven games to welcome hockey back.

Last edited:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I personally I would rather see the Bruins play the Flyers but I wouldn't be shocked if Flyers weren't playing the Pens-that one would be another game tailor made for NBC to pick up for national television.

I love the idea of a whole day of hockey games on NBC as long as the Bruins don't end up with the matinee game.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I personally I would rather see the Bruins play the Flyers but I wouldn't be shocked if Flyers weren't playing the Pens-that one would be another game tailor made for NBC to pick up for national television.

I love the idea of a whole day of hockey games on NBC as long as the Bruins don't end up with the matinee game.

That's what I heard. In Philly.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Found this a very interesting read:

MCKENZIE: RANGERS HAVE THREE OPTIONS ON REDDEN'S FUTURE
Now that the CBA has been ratified by NHL owners, the New York Rangers have to decide how to proceed with Wade Redden.

In the old CBA, it wasn't too difficult to figure out. Because a player could be "buried" in the minors and not count against the team's NHL salary cap, sending Redden to the AHL farm team in Hartford was simple and easy.

Out of sight, out of mind, off the salary cap.

But there's a provision in the new CBA that doesn't allow the hiding of NHL contracts in the minors, save the first $900,000. So Redden, with a cap hit of $6.5 million in each of this season and next, means the Rangers are now faced with using valuable cap space on a player who is not remotely part of coach John Tortorella's plans.

So now what?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413185

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

Now that the CBA has been ratified by NHL owners, the New York Rangers have to decide how to proceed with Wade Redden.

In the old CBA, it wasn't too difficult to figure out. Because a player could be "buried" in the minors and not count against the team's NHL salary cap, sending Redden to the AHL farm team in Hartford was simple and easy.

But there's a provision in the new CBA that doesn't allow the hiding of NHL contracts in the minors, save the first $900,000. So Redden, with a cap hit of $6.5 million in each of this season and next, means the Rangers are now faced with using valuable cap space on a player who is not remotely part of coach John Tortorella's plans.

So now what?

ouch that hurts. I am so happy chia didn't give out any monster contracts like that.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Just opening this thread for pre-game talk and random thoughts that don't deserve thier own thread.

Rumor has it we open in Buffalo on the 19th then Host the Leafs on the 21st at 1PM.

On the Leafs being a great option for the 21st because we had them booked for the 82 game season.
https://twitter.com/JoshRimerHockey/...50297663672320

This week is going to be such a long week.

Matchup against the coach I have tired of long ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPGtxTL-0X4

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

So now what?

I heard part of that in the radio monday as the Habs solution for Gomez.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Looking at Cap Geek, the best option for the Rangers would be to just pay him not to play like MacKenzie says because they have the cap space to do so. It's an unfortunate situation for Redden though because it seems like he's been a good soldier all along and now he won't be allowed to play hockey. Of course, he's been making very nice money so I can't feel too bad for the guy.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
An afternoon game already? That sucks, no TV at work, hopefully that changes since Celtics don't play on the 21st

yeah- if its on mlk day, they gotta move it to 7pm
too many day games in the playoffs last year too. sick of them.

Matinees against the Rangers were not good to the Bruins last year.

Have you read somewhere that is was gonna be a matinee? From what I've heard they're saying it's a 7pm game.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

So now what?

Since you can keep $$ and Cap hits in a trade now why wouldn't he list that as an option?

And if he gets hurt, just LTIR him.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Have you read somewhere that is was gonna be a matinee? From what I've heard they're saying it's a 7pm game.

People must be confusing the Saturday game with the Monday game. Saturday game looks like it'll be an evening game from everything I've read, too; while Monday will be the matinee game.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Regarding the actual match up itself - this team, and especially this goaler, has had our number for years. Don't anyone panic if we're shutout 2-0 in the opener.

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
Per Bish and Naoko tweets, Nathan Horton is on the ice in Wilmington. Woohoo!

:handclap: :yo:

It'll be fun to see the reaction he'll get from the crowd (as small as it may be, post-lockout).

Next to Habs/B's, starting with the Rags is about as great an opening match-up we could get. Both tend to play very physical against one another. It'll be a hell of a wake-up call for both teams.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Should be fun at least? I'm just happy to have the boys back. Sucks its against the Rags instead of the Habs or Sabers, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad