Rumor: 2013 schedule

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
I just got word that gamecenter will be available on XBOX...Now I have to decide whether I want Gamecenter or Center Ice...decisions decisions.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
I just got word that gamecenter will be available on XBOX...Now I have to decide whether I want Gamecenter or Center Ice...decisions decisions.

what are you thinking the pros/cons of each are?

i got a free big stupid tv-- my plan was to get both cable and center ice when the nhl started up again.

but this whole thing has pissed me off, so i'm thinking about going with gamecenter. or just relying on streams.

i've only watched streams a few times when i was stuck in the library or something. are they reliable enough to watch games on exclusively? anyone?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

I'm trying to decide as well.

Part of it is that GCL on the computer last year always spoiled games for me last year...even with scores hidden that stupid bar at the bottom always had the highights and goal tags, which meant that I knew that 'oh, there isn't going to be a goal for another hour...'

With CenterIce I can just DVR the games and watch them when I get home from work...the downside there is I'm not sure how many HD channels TimeWarner has set up for it and I like being able to choose which feed I watch.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
If CenterIce isn't free, or damn near it, count me out, boys. Dude paid 130 dollars for half a season! Last year, I payed like 160 for a FULL season. How is that price not automatically knocked down to 80 dollars?!

From Bettman issuing his insulting sorry, to "Mario and Ron" issuing a statement (which was actually written by some PR doof I'm sure), to this - it really seems like a kick to the nuts. Like a, "yea, you'll be back and like it!".

**** that.

This is the kinda thing that really makes my blood boil, and it's why the NHL will never be considered a sport worth watching in the United States. For a business, such as this, to run purely like a business, which is what the NHL does (bad business btw, from the looks of needing to redo the CBA each time it's up), and seemingly forget what it's really about - the fans, because without them, you have no source of income - really turns me off. I'm NOT paying over half of what I paid last year for CI. Half a season, I want half the price, at the most... Now, granted, it's really sucked not watching hockey the past four months, but it hasn't been the end of the world. I've found time for other things and now that they've become part of my regular schedule, I really don't think I'll notice missing any NHL games... hell, we know I won't see highlights on ESPN. So, now that they've lost me for this season, assuming that CI price is jacked sky-high, whats to say I'll be back next season.

I'll always be here to watch hockey. A games on NBC, you say? I'll check it out. But I won't be religiously sitting in front of my TV each night watching hockey anymore. And I'm a HUGE hockey fan, feeling this way. Imagine how the casual fan feels, that may have just been coming back, or coming to watch the sport for the first time!

M-I-C-K-E-Y....

Last edited:

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Is that afternoon game official on Saturday?? i hope so cause i have a work supper to attend at night.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Is that afternoon game official on Saturday?? i hope so cause i have a work supper to attend at night.

Don't think it can be official until Saturday after the players ratify but sounds like it's all but official until then. I'm treating as true and waiting until the first second I can buy tickets to get a handful for that Saturday afternoon.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
There's word that the Flyers will go to Buffalo on the 20th. That means no home-and-home with the Flyers.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
If CenterIce isn't free, or damn near it, count me out, boys. Dude paid 130 dollars for half a season! Last year, I payed like 160 for a FULL season. How is that price not automatically knocked down to 80 dollars?!

Amen, brother man. And I'm thinking more like $25 max ($5/month). Because **** them, that's why.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Amen, brother man. And I'm thinking more like $25 max ($5/month). Because **** them, that's why.

That's def the right way to think about it and what it should be. I'll prob end up pulling the trigger since it's not a huge amount of money and I have the cash the spare and I know in the end I won't make enough of a diff and would rather enjoy the short season at least.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010

As soon as the Commish starts taking to XM radio again on thrusdays, I'll plan on giving him a ring. Should be interesting, that first show back lol.

Clarence Beeks

May 4, 2006
In the Deep South
I live in a studio so there's no exactly a whole lot of sturdy places I could put it that would make any sense...especially with a kitten running around with a penchant of knocking stuff over

Let me get this straight. Your concern is a KITTEN knocking over your TV? That's either the strongest kitten in the world or the lightest TV ever made...

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Let me get this straight. Your concern is a KITTEN knocking over your TV? That's either the strongest kitten in the world or the lightest TV ever made...

His kitten:

2640544287_Baby_tiger_surprised_face_answer_5_xlarge.jpeg

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Will it be free or do you have to pay extra on top of your Xbox Live account?

Penguinzilla*

aaronward_nhl: NHL teams have received their final 2013 Schedule earlier this morning.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I'm waiting until the final moment before buying Game center Live.

The only bad thing about GCL is that sometimes I'll refresh the GDT and people will start commenting about a goal before it's happened.

TheGreatPenguino

Jul 4, 2012
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
NHL clubs have received their team schedules, however, are now getting back to the league with any changes they absolutely need.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
As soon as the Commish starts taking to XM radio again on thrusdays, I'll plan on giving him a ring. Should be interesting, that first show back lol.

Actually, that's not a bad idea... "Explain to me again after 3 lockouts and half of another season lost why I should be paying even half price for Center Ice this year? Most of my friends don't know your sport exists, and I'm tempted to join them."

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Someone in the main forum posted a "leaked" Rangers schedule which has us in NYC on the 20th of Jan, 31st of Jan and 3rd of April whilst we play them at home on the 5th of April which would lead to the apparent latest that teams will only play 4* in their division now.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Actually, that's not a bad idea... "Explain to me again after 3 lockouts and half of another season lost why I should be paying even half price for Center Ice this year? Most of my friends don't know your sport exists, and I'm tempted to join them."

It's even more then half price, I heard 153$ for the 48 game season compared to 200$ for the complete season. What a joke!!! I hope TSN shows a lot of Pens games

Uemoda

Formerly OminousGrey
Jun 28, 2011
Pennsylvania
www.twitter.com

Yep. Only sports league in the world that would be so cheap as to make us pay full price.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the NBA give free packages for its shortened season?

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
is NHL Gamecenter for Xbox confirmed? where do I go to sign up for that? and how to I ensure that I can get it on my xbox?

NHL Gamecenter for Xbox? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Also I live in Philadelphia, so the only games that would be blacked out for me would be Philly games right?
What if Philly is playing IN pittsburgh, would that game be blacked out for me?

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
is NHL Gamecenter for Xbox confirmed? where do I go to sign up for that? and how to I ensure that I can get it on my xbox?

NHL Gamecenter for Xbox? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Also I live in Philadelphia, so the only games that would be blacked out for me would be Philly games right?
What if Philly is playing IN pittsburgh, would that game be blacked out for me?

It's on the XBOX live website. It probably won't be available for download until opening day. That's what it was for MLB TV when I got it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad