Rumor: 2013 schedule

DockEllisExperience

Feb 1, 2007
Pittsburgh
What if Philly is playing IN pittsburgh, would that game be blacked out for me?

Yes, it'd be blacked out.

I was really hoping for a home game to go to Sunday because I'm off for MLK day that Monday. I suppose I can still dream. Also, does anyone know if the 50% off deal will apply to authentic jerseys? May have to buy two and sell one on eBay...

Last edited:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Let me get this straight. Your concern is a KITTEN knocking over your TV? That's either the strongest kitten in the world or the lightest TV ever made...

Well...I don't have any sturdy surfaces that I could put it...the only options are a couple cheap-ass small bookshelves that have a tendency to sway if too much weight gets on it, so it's more about not having solid ground than anything...and the TV has a shoddy stand and is a bit top-heavy. I can easily see a situation where my cat rubs up against it and just knocks it over.

It may not happen now, but he's not going to stay a kitten forever..

If I could put it on the wall then this would be easily solved, but I'm not allowed to do that.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Madden just said on his show the Penguins will play the Rangers and Islanders five times.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Madden just said on his show the Penguins will play the Rangers and Islanders five times.

Why would the nhl have the pens play rangers and islanders five times and flyers only 4 times? Its prob better for pens to play the islanders 5 times but doesn't make much sense from the nhl point of view.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Why would the nhl have the pens play rangers and islanders five times and flyers only 4 times? Its prob better for pens to play the islanders 5 times but doesn't make much sense from the nhl point of view.

Maybe it's not just about the rivalries. When creating a schedule, there are a ton of logistics the NHL has to keep in mind. Perhaps, for whatever reason, the best schedule they could put together has the Penguins playing the Flyers only 4 times instead of 5.

Also heard the Penguins home opener is on the 23rd against the Leafs. But that came from Rossi, so..... :help:

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
Actually, that's not a bad idea... "Explain to me again after 3 lockouts and half of another season lost why I should be paying even half price for Center Ice this year? Most of my friends don't know your sport exists, and I'm tempted to join them."

Dude... I may jack your line, haha! I can already hear his phony response, filled with how appreciative he is for us and how sorry he is, but it's a business and sometimes that happens in a business.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
According to leaks and rumours we'll be playing Philadelphia on the 19th of Jan and 7th of March at their place whilst they visit us on the 26th Feb and the 24th March.

We play Winnipeg at their place on the 25th of Jan, 15th of Feb and they visit us on the 25th of March.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
can't believe Pens schedule hasn't leaked yet. Rossi (among many others I assume) obviously has it right in front of him.

It took all of 20 minutes for someone to leak the Rangers schedule.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
According to leaks and rumours we'll be playing Philadelphia on the 19th of Jan and 7th of March at their place whilst they visit us on the 26th Feb and the 24th March.

We play Winnipeg at their place on the 25th of Jan, 15th of Feb and they visit us on the 25th of March.

Depending on the teams progress, along with Philly's, I might have to fly in for that 2/26 game. Dats mi burffdey

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Word is the last game of the season for the Pens will be on April 27th vs. the Hurricanes. Looks like Staal only visits Consol once this season unless the Pens and Canes meet in the playoffs.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
Word is the last game of the season for the Pens will be on April 27th vs. the Hurricanes. Looks like Staal only visits Consol once this season unless the Pens and Canes meet in the playoffs.

That's my personal pick for game of the season. :handclap:
Talk about a season finale.

StoneColdFlower*

Why the Hell does the NHL not give us what they owe and lift all the ******* blackouts? Screw those pigs. First row sports for me.

Mr Wu

Nov 29, 2007
Deadwood
Too many afternoon games, that's not the way to attract new fans. People go out during the day on weekends, the NHL needs to get the best and most entertaining team in the league playing at night, when people might actually be watching tv.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Too many afternoon games, that's not the way to attract new fans. People go out during the day on weekends, the NHL needs to get the best and most entertaining team in the league playing at night, when people might actually be watching tv.

NBC needs to ditch the Sunday "Game of the Week" and take after what FOX does with MLB - Saturday regional games. Imagine if NBC had "Hockey Night in America" on Saturday nights. Regional games starting at 7 PM, and maybe even double-headers out west that start at 10 PM. More teams get exposed nationally and it would bring in more revenue.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009

We're not the only entertaining team in the league, plenty of other teams are playing at night.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I for one love sunday afternoon games. pittsburghers are used to planning their sunday afternoon around watching sports.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Actually, that's not a bad idea... "Explain to me again after 3 lockouts and half of another season lost why I should be paying even half price for Center Ice this year? Most of my friends don't know your sport exists, and I'm tempted to join them."

Yep. Where is the NHL fans' make whole provision?

We are the Rodney Dangerfield of the sports world

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
Wow. I see a LOT of injuries this season on our glass-like team. It's basically a game every other night, if it isn't a back to back lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad