Rumor: 2013 schedule

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I really hope my new TV gets here before the game starts. I'd love to christen the new baby with a Pens-Flyers game.

Ugh. Don't talk to me about new TV's good Sir. I still haven't found one for my bedroom that I really like yet. :rant:

Sure, the woman and I have a 55" HDTV in the living room which is great. But if she's watching one of her shows, then being stuck gaming or watching stuff on the tiny 20" standard definition TV in our bedroom flat out sucks. :laugh:

Hopefully by next hockey season (this October) I'll have my own TV and HD sattalite box in my room so that I can watch hockey whenever I want without having to worry about being a TV hog. I mean my fiancee said I can watch any Pens game anytime on our big TV this season, but I still feel bad about hoggin' the TV y'know? Especially since with Centre Ice I'll know I'll wanna watch two or 3 games some nights :laugh:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Ugh. Don't talk to me about new TV's good Sir. I still haven't found one for my bedroom that I really like yet. :rant:

Sure, the woman and I have a 55" HDTV in the living room which is great. But if she's watching one of her shows, then being stuck gaming or watching stuff on the tiny 20" standard definition TV in our bedroom flat out sucks. :laugh:

Hopefully by next hockey season (this October) I'll have my own TV and HD sattalite box in my room so that I can watch hockey whenever I want without having to worry about being a TV hog. I mean my fiancee said I can watch any Pens game anytime on our big TV this season, but I still feel bad about hoggin' the TV y'know? Especially since with Centre Ice I'll know I'll wanna watch two or 3 games some nights :laugh:

I'd sell you my 'old' one...but the logistics may be a tad bit difficult.

I'm going to have a 55" as my main TV and...yeah, I'm not really sure what to do with the 32" one. I live in a studio so there's no exactly a whole lot of sturdy places I could put it that would make any sense...especially with a kitten running around with a penchant of knocking stuff over (I can't drill into the walls, so making some elaborate double-decker set-up is, sadly, impossible :laugh: ).

Also...I suck at money, but that's a tangent for another thread.

Going from watching games on a laptop with a bad internet connection last year to a 55" 1080P HD 3D set...I haven't stopped drooling since I saw it in the store.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Afternoon games are no no's.
3.30PM Saturday start means a 4.30 AM Sunday morning drop of the puck for me. Unacceptable for a Flyers game.

Do-over Gary!

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I'd sell you my 'old' one...but the logistics may be a tad bit difficult.

I'm going to have a 55" as my main TV and...yeah, I'm not really sure what to do with the 32" one. I live in a studio so there's no exactly a whole lot of sturdy places I could put it that would make any sense...especially with a kitten running around with a penchant of knocking stuff over (I can't drill into the walls, so making some elaborate double-decker set-up is, sadly, impossible :laugh: ).

Also...I suck at money, but that's a tangent for another thread.

Going from watching games on a laptop with a bad internet connection last year to a 55" 1080P HD 3D set...I haven't stopped drooling since I saw it in the store.

I appreciate you offering to sell me your old one Big ol' pal :))), but yeah that might be a bit tricky. :laugh:

I had a kick ass HD 32" 1080p Samsung TV back when I lived in Timmins, but I was too worried about it getting damaged by careless movers when I moved here to Kitchener last September. So I sold the TV to my mom who fortunately had agreed to keep the money for me until I found a new TV. The trouble is, most 32" HDTV's nowadays are utter crap in terms of quality when compared to my old and still awesome one. So I'm not sure yet if I'll buy a new (and bigger and better and sadly more expensive) one this summer, or, if I'll take my mom up on her offer of driving my old TV down to me when and if she comes to visit me this summer.

Ah well, like I said...at least for this shortened NHL season I'll have the 55" TV and an HD sattalite receiver to watch Pens games on. I'll worry about getting an HDTV and an HD box for my bedroom this summer most likely.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I've been wondering what they'll have written on the ice of every rink this time for the opening week.

"Thank you fans, like, really seriously this time, you guys"

They should just have Burkle's quote out there in full. It was simple, to the point, and exactly what the fans need.

But.. if they put "We're Sorry!", I'll **** my pants laughing. :laugh:

member 51464

They should just have Burkle's quote out there in full. It was simple, to the point, and exactly what the fans need.

But.. if they put "We're Sorry!", I'll **** my pants laughing. :laugh:

Wait, what was his quote?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
wtf? thats garbage.

It's a number prorated pretty much exactly to reflect the games to be played, including playoffs.

I'd love free CI as much as anyone, but the league has to charge because otherwise they'd offer free competition for local outlets.

It's not garbage.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
It's a number prorated pretty much exactly to reflect the games to be played, including playoffs.

I'd love free CI as much as anyone, but the league has to charge because otherwise they'd offer free competition for local outlets.

It's not garbage.

i think i paid $169 dollars for center ice last year, using an early bird special.

from what i can tell, there are no similar early bird specials this year. that's garbage.

pro-rated it's more expensive than last season.

free center ice would be ridiculous, but a slight discount is reasonable. same price, fine. raising the price, now that's garbage.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Guys, I'd hold out on ordering Center Ice. There's a lot of talk out there that the NHL is negotiating with various providers to try and make it available for free or at least a greatly reduced price.

Nothing's official yet that I've heard, but it sure sounds like Comcast, for one, is trying to make it free for their subscribers. I'd give it a few more days at least to see what happens.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I don't intend on ordering it until the last moment for that very reason. I expect the cost of the service is going to differ greatly depending on cable provider.

I'm sure Time Warner will find a way to screw me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad