Rumor: 2013 schedule

mrzeigler

.. but I'm not wrong
Sep 30, 2006
Pittsburgh
I figure it makes sense to have a thread devoted to schedule talk, since we're all going to be chattering about it within the next couple of days. We can switch the "rumor" prefix once the official schedule is released.

I'm hearing it once-removed from a local sportswriter (who claimed to have it from multiple NHL officials) that the Jan. 19 start-date schedule will start with a home-and-home series with Philly, with the Penguins hosting the Flyers on Sunday evening.

Makes sense ... I can't think of a better way to generate fan interest than to start the season with a home-and-home with a rival.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Beagle. There's just one problem...Hartnell won't fight Engelland.

With smaller players, Hartnell hit them very much....... with Engo... Hartnell afraid.

img.php

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
Engelland destroyed Giroux last year and Hartnell wanted to fight until he realized who it was.

penslover871

Jul 19, 2010
Pennsylvania
I'm glad it's an afternoon game so I can hopefully see some of it. I have an NAHL game I have to be at that evening. I will be sad if I have to miss all of the first game back. Glad to have them back though.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Engelland destroyed Giroux last year and Hartnell wanted to fight until he realized who it was.

I'm sure it went like this.

Hartnell is giving him some ribbing from behind, and Engo got turned around saying you want to go for a good shoulder to should hit? I'm game.

Hartnells eyes wake up to whom he was talking too.

Really, Engelland should have gone for the two for one deal and just dropped them and took'em to task. He would of been in Letang territory. He would have deserved it too, for the sucker pass he gave, Giroux.

7fad9d72.gif

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Nothing better than a rivalry game to start the NHL back up. Good LORD I missed hockey.
I've been wondering what they'll have written on the ice of every rink this time for the opening week.

"Thank you fans, like, really seriously this time, you guys"

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
"Deal With It"

I'm extremely hopeful that this will be an afternoon game. I work every Saturday night, but at 12 or 12:30 I'd be able to see the entire game before heading in.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Opening the season in back to back games against the Flyers could be a good test to see whether a]Bylsma's made the right adjustments from last April and b]Fleury's not rattled playing the Flyers after last April's debacle.

Or going 0-2 against the Flyers could see this Pens' sub-forum explode. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad