2013 panthers training camp thread

Swede93

Sep 14, 2009
If you went today, could you give us a report?

For what it's worth, my brother went today and he said Skille and Santorelli looked surprisingly good. Hopefully, they can both increase their numbers from last year and be helpful in a 3rd/4th line role during this shortened season

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
@GeorgeRichards: Kovalev is making it “@big5hole25: do you think any of the AHL players or PTOs will make team?â€

Hope he does if this holds true.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
For what it's worth, my brother went today and he said Skille and Santorelli looked surprisingly good. Hopefully, they can both increase their numbers from last year and be helpful in a 3rd/4th line role during this shortened season

I know last year I was a Santorelli supporter, despite his struggles. He always hustles and shows great speed out there. I think if given the right opportunity with the right linemates (more skilled) he would put up better numbers. It seemed like when he did play last year he was always playing with definite 4th liners with limited skill: Sturm, Barch, Madden.

I doubt Howden will make the team this year, but this is one guy I would like to see paired with Santorelli one day. Maybe also with someone like Bergy & Kopecky too.

I hope he continues to work hard at his defensive game more. With his speed I could really see him as a good PK'er one day, if he works hard at it.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I know last year I was a Santorelli supporter, despite his struggles. He always hustles and shows great speed out there. I think if given the right opportunity with the right linemates (more skilled) he would put up better numbers. It seemed like when he did play last year he was always playing with definite 4th liners with limited skill: Sturm, Barch, Madden.

I doubt Howden will make the team this year, but this is one guy I would like to see paired with Santorelli one day. Maybe also with someone like Bergy & Kopecky too.

I hope he continues to work hard at his defensive game more. With his speed I could really see him as a good PK'er one day, if he works hard at it.

Going to be interesting to see how everyone besides the Weiss line will chip in. This whole team will need to produce.

-ghoste

Panthers607

When will cuts be made? I'm guessing tommorow, one day before game day seems tight time wise.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
When will cuts be made? I'm guessing tommorow, one day before game day seems tight time wise.

Rosters need to be finalized by 3pm, Friday. So the players that will need to clear waivers (Caruso) will need to be waived tomorrow in order to play in the AHL.

Unless of course, Caruso stays up until Kuli or Guds comes back.

RECsGuy*

Heres a little video i took of Marky in net. Mueller, Campbell, Flash, Kovalev all are in it trying to score on a shootout drill

Markstrom plays alot like Giguere. Similar "turtle" posture, plays smaller than he really is and even has the chest protector that extends to the top of his head. ;)

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Actually it's a game. You have 3 pucks to get 1 past the goalie. Get 1 in and you move to next round where it's 2 pucks to get 1 past the goalie to move to next round where it's 1 puck to get 1 past the goalie. If nobody scores in the last round, goalie wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad