2013 panthers training camp thread

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
thought this would be a good thread to concise all the morning camp news notes and pix this week.

Harvey Fialkov‏@hfialkov
kovalev displaying sick skills. Practice is over#flapanthers

George Richards‏@GeorgeRichards
Kovalev just scored a dirty top-shelf goal v Theodore...right in front of a nodding Tallon and Dineen #FlaPanthers

Day 1 goes to Ak27

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
It would be great if Kovalev found his game but I don't see that happening. He's too old.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Kovalev sure looked good today... Obviously skating isn't what it was for him, but he will be nice addition to our PP

CoolburnIsGone

im guessing that is what they have in mind for him...goals at a premium, and there will be alot of pp the lst 10-15 games....
Not to mention we need to replace all those PP goals that Garrison scored last yr. Kovalev might work well on the point next to Campbell.

I dont want to pencil Kovalev into the lineup just yet either. I want to see how he looks at the tail end of camp when its gonna get progressively tougher. I want to see how he responds to that and if he can keep up the same energy level as now.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Skille and Danger looked great.

Sturm looked really good as well. Someone will pick him up. He scored the 1st goal in the scrimmage on a pseudo break away and it was nice.

AK27 had some nice stuff, but his age is showing. I'm not so sure that he stays.

Guds looked very good. Soupy looked good.

Mueller was not impressive, but he was hustling out there.

Ellerby was a 6/7 D man and Jovo was aggressive. Weaver was fine.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I reiterate the importance of the SO once again. If Kovalev scores one SO Goal that results in the difference between having one additional point in the standings versus not having the point it could seriously be the difference this season.

He's worth his weight in gold if he can score in the SO.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
The only guys missing today were Goc and Bergie, and Kuba.

Strachan and Huberdeau should be in for Sunday.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I reiterate the importance of the SO once again. If Kovalev scores one SO Goal that results in the difference between having one additional point in the standings versus not having the point it could seriously be the difference this season.

Hubs should help in the SO. Kovalev's value in the SO might not outweigh his play for 65 min.

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State

I agree with you. His scoring skills can still be utilized on the powerplay and shootout

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

Excellent point.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

Not if his age hurts us and indirectly, or directly, causes goals against resulting in a loss. I'll trust Tallon, but I'll stay pessimistic when it comes to him.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Hubs is not eligible for the AHL. RNH was only eligible because of an exception that they created for players that weren't otherwise old enough but had played full-time in the NHL last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad