Speculation: 2013 Offseason Thread Part V: Streit signs with PHI (4 years, $5.25M per)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
9.5 mill is a lot of money but I'd pay the man. Re-sign Hank, McD and Stepan. Say goodbye to Richards. Bring in a bottom liner if there's room.

Oh and that Streit contract haha.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
What are we going to do with it, else wise?

This team did best when it was on a tight cap. It got production out of cheap acquisitions like Nylander, Straka. When it went up ,the Drurys and Reddens happened.

People say the salary cap was the best thing to happen to the Rangers. I won't grief the loss of some cap space to Henrik, especially when price has far from dictated production.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
RB is completely right. Richards gets one of those injuries that we find out about on breakup day and the Rangers are screwed for the next 8 years. Buy him out this summer.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Richards is gone no matter what anyways. If not this summer than he'll be gone in 12 months time. Even if Richards repeats 11/12 numbers he's still getting bought out because of the numbers ($$$) game. The risk of injury isn't worth it.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
What are we going to do with it, else wise?

This team did best when it was on a tight cap. It got production out of cheap acquisitions like Nylander, Straka. When it went up ,the Drurys and Reddens happened.

People say the salary cap was the best thing to happen to the Rangers. I won't grief the loss of some cap space to Henrik, especially when price has far from dictated production.

I agree with the majority of what you're saying. I think the value of getting Hank down 2Mish is not for its use on the UFA market, but on locking up the team's own young players. In the previous tight cap era the Rangers did not have a significant amount of up and coming players to pay mid/longer term.

I agree that all things being equal Hank is the priority, and moves will ultimately have to be made. Can't keep everyone. Won't WANT to keep everyone (injuries, stalled development, etc). But if Hank's 2-2.5M means having to dump, say Hagelin, are we still good with that (just an example, not saying that will happen)? Probably still the best decision for the team. But different from letting Cullen, Malik, Ward, Hall, Dupuis, etc. walk to make room.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
RB is completely right. Richards gets one of those injuries that we find out about on breakup day and the Rangers are screwed for the next 8 years. Buy him out this summer.

The CBA prevents an injured player from being bought out. Look at Minnesota with Heatley. SJ with Havlat. Those guys have short term deals. Heatley has 1 year left. 2 for Havlat. It will hurt those teams because both players looked like amnesty guys. Minnesota acquired Pominville. They need to space. Havlat has been a disaster in SJ. I read Havlat doesn't have any relationship with his teammates. He sits by himself during the games in the press box. Richards has 7 years remaining.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
slats has no choice IMO but to buyout richards.. with the deals coutier and voynov is getting.. i cant see mcd or step gettting discounts.. slats has no choice but to lockem up... which = no cap if richards is still here.. alot prob has to do with that situation...

can someone please tell me when is the buyout period? right after stanley cup till when?

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
Richards is gone no matter what anyways. If not this summer than he'll be gone in 12 months time. Even if Richards repeats 11/12 numbers he's still getting bought out because of the numbers ($$$) game. The risk of injury isn't worth it.

i think everyone understands this by now :help:

mti79

May 11, 2007
so rumors are that Philly may buy out Briere. If we buy out Richards, do we have any interest in him? I think it depends on what he wants but the guy can still play. He'd be a good fit as your #2/3 center and could even be the #1 if needed. He's good on the power play, can skate and would give us good depth down the middle.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
so rumors are that Philly may buy out Briere. If we buy out Richards, do we have any interest in him? I think it depends on what he wants but the guy can still play. He'd be a good fit as your #2/3 center and could even be the #1 if needed. He's good on the power play, can skate and would give us good depth down the middle.

He's not really fit toe play C at this point. He's a RWer.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Another overpriced 1b option for a team that has two 1b's... only if its a great bargain.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The 35 plus is for players signing contracts at 35 or over 35. Henrik will be 32 when the new contract kicks in.

Even with the group IIs this summer. $4M-$5M for McDonagh. Stepan depends on the term of the contract. Long term is $4M. Somewhere in $4M-$5M. Closer to $4M. 2 year bridge is $2.5M-$3M. Look at Couture's 2nd contract. 2 years/$5.75M. $2.875M. Between $2M-$3M for Hagelin. Between $1M-$2M for Zuccarello. They don't have much room to improve the team after signing these players with Richards on the team.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
slats has no choice IMO but to buyout richards.. with the deals coutier and voynov is getting.. i cant see mcd or step gettting discounts.. slats has no choice but to lockem up... which = no cap if richards is still here.. alot prob has to do with that situation...

can someone please tell me when is the buyout period? right after stanley cup till when?

It begins 48 hours after the last Cup final game. It ends on July 4 at 5pm. New league year begins on July 5. Even with Holik,the Rangers waited until the last minute in 2005. If Boston wins the Cup in 5 games(Saturday),the buyout period begins on Monday. That's the earliest.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
TSN Insider Trading

Lundqvist. $9.5M per. Malkin $$$. The Rangers are going to argue that Rinne is getting $7M. Good luck with that.

Richards. No decision has been reached but McKenzie said he would guess the Rangers might perhaps wait a year to buyout Richards hoping Vigneault might push his buttons.

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/1/0/949678/clip/560

I hope Richards can't be bought next June because of an injury and the Rangers are so stuck. Stupid organization.

They can't afford that contract going forward and pay the other players especially with Henrik being a Kings ransom.

Even if AV pushes the buttons on Richards and plays well,they can't afford the contract. Cap recapture. The entire thing is moronic.

so u want Richards to get hurt because the Rangers might want to try and get another year out of Richards when they have the cap space next year to do so and a new offensive mindes coach on the very slim chance he gets hurt this season?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Worth, no. What does that matter, in the end?

Free agency is 30 teams bidding on one guy. The supply is 1, the demand is 30. Everyone gets overvalued. This includes impending free agent Henrik Lundqvist.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
i mean i doubt slats even offers that, but it would be great to get them locked up long term relatively cheap.

That isn't that cheap. It's not a far cry from the Kane and Toews contracts, and they're not at that level.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Even if Stepan and Mcdonagh both get 5m, the Rangers could still afford to keep Richards and also resign Zucc and Hags. They will only buy out Richards THIS year imo is if they plan to upgrade the team but with the UFA market, im not sure I see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad