Post-Game Talk: 2013 NHL Entry Draft - The BoHo Era Begins

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Horvat, Shinkaruk, and an apparent resolution to the goalie situation? I call that an A+. Luongo is the guy again, hopefully he can get past the lousy way the past two years have gone for him. Some of the lower-drafted guys are real promising too, to me this looks like Gillis' best draft by far, he may just have saved his job.

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
Cost us a pretty penny in Schneider but at least we now have the makings of a respectable forward prospect group that may make for an OK transition once Sedins call it a career.

The all important centre position is promising:

Kesler
Horvat
Gaunce

Should be tough to play against and keep us in most games.

Shinkaruk is the wild card. Never dreamed he would fall to 24th, hence figured Rychel or Zykov would be the best goal scoring options left. Talent wise Hunter is better than either. Had a monster year as a 17 year-old. Just hoping the skill set transfers over.

Nichushkin v Horvat makes me at least as nervous as Flames fans are about Poirier v Shinkaruk.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Cost us a pretty penny in Schneider but at least we now have the makings of a respectable forward prospect group that may make for an OK transition once Sedins call it a career.

The all important centre position is promising:

Kesler
Horvat
Gaunce

Should be tough to play against and keep us in most games.

Shinkaruk is the wild card. Never dreamed he would fall to 24th, hence figured Rychel or Zykov would be the best goal scoring options left. Talent wise Hunter is better than either. Had a monster year as a 17 year-old. Just hoping the skill set transfers over.

Nichushkin v Horvat makes me at least as nervous as Flames fans are about Poirier v Shinkaruk.

I think it clear that offense win championship.......don't need a great goalie to win cups anymore

going to be interesting camp because of the competition for center position

StringerBell

Great draft, but I miss Schneider already :( Hopefully Lack can take some strides next year.

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
Very pleased with our picks this year. Would have been nice to have a 2nd rounder but Horvat and Shinkaruk more than make up for that. Even our late round picks have decent potential. Best draft we've had in years IMO.

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
One other thing. LOL at all the we're taking the BPA chatter favored by all management types. Seems clear their decisions are heavily influence by current roster make ups. Doubt Calgary, Toronto and some others would have passed on Shinkaruk if their teams and prospects weren't already filled with smallish players.

MG had his size binge for two years and was free to move on.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Checking back at some of the mock drafts, Horvat was ranked around 15.

Then again, Shinkaruk was ranked top 10.

I'd say we did pretty well.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
52 mins left I seriously don't see Edler leaving Vancouver and if he does its MTL or ANA most likely MTL.

Horvat comparable to Patrice Bergeron.

Shinkaruk comparable to Parise with some Patrick Kane in him.

Castle1*

I just don't see the reason to deal Edler anymore, we did really good today at the draft and Edler fits a need. The reason to trade Edler would to be to bring in a top young center now we have Horvat, we have no need to move Edler now.

I thought the need was a centre that can get slotted in now? I don't believe Horvat is quite there is he?

StringerBell

This was a near perfect draft for Gillis. I'm really impressed with how we reorganized our scouts.

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
First impressions is this is probably Gillis' best draft, though it's hard to reconcile that with the goalie mess.

IMO also his last. Draft won't show much dividend until 2015, maybe 2014 if Horvat impresses. GMMG's cap and asset management has been horribly exposed over the last year, never mind his inability to make a string of good (small and big) deals with his lodge brothers.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Very pleased with our picks this year. Would have been nice to have a 2nd rounder but Horvat and Shinkaruk more than make up for that. Even our late round picks have decent potential. Best draft we've had in years IMO.

true. 2004 was a pretty decent draft year for the nucks as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad