2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I can't tell if that's really deep or if you don't understand.... I'll go with deep and insightful. (I just meant based on rankings right now)

Consider my post a commentary on how little faith I have in rankings and how the draft has a number of surprises, year-in, year-out.

I predict that it will be even more the case with this draft and we'll see a number of picks that will leave most of us draft followers scratching our heads.

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
Then Tyler Hill would have to be my choice as a late 3rd round LW,with huge upside.All of the stats go the same way pims big deal but 30 lbs of muscle isn't.Timmins,Dudley and Bergevin will be doing the choices for the Habs,regardless how either of us choose so moot points as far as that goes.I also read and know all of these details,so what's your point?:yo:

My point I guess is that other people read these threads and get a false impression of a player. He is not a 4th line grinder...... if you had said you would like Habs to sign him as a possible offensive winger that can play the point on a PP then I wouldn't have put up an argument .

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Do you by chance have any large defensive defenceman that can potentially hit a few bodies and/or faces?

Sorry, now that we traded Murray, we don't have any NHL caliber D that fit your description. Closest we have is a 1st rnd pick (if I remember correctly) in Petrecki that just had his 1st NHL game this season. He projects at best as a number 6. (He played well enough, but certainly not good enough value to be a main piece in a trade).

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
If you are asking if Habs want Boyle...it would be a huge NO. Yes he is good but his age and $$$ don't fit Bergevin's long term outlook for the team.

As far as trading partners they have traded before and Habs would be looking at the SJ 1st or one of their 2nds I would think.

Teams that would be interested in Boyle would want him for a 1-2 year cup run basis while waitng for a top D prospect to develop and take his spot. If habs are not intersted, no worries, we have other things sharks could offer.

What are your needs? You seem to have one too many Top 9 centers. what do you hope to get for one of them, picks?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Anyone else believe J. Subban is a must draft? Reading his draft reports, he has shades of P.K.

Having two of the Subban brothers in the same organization would also basically guarentee they will both stay with the team as long as the team wants to keep them.

If he's there in the 2nd round, I'd absolutely love the Habs to go after him, but I have a funny feeling he'll be picked much higher than expected considering the kind of development curve his big brother had.

Ubercron9000*

Anyone else believe J. Subban is a must draft? Reading his draft reports, he has shades of P.K.

Having two of the Subban brothers in the same organization would also basically guarentee they will both stay with the team as long as the team wants to keep them.

If he's there in the 2nd round, I'd absolutely love the Habs to go after him, but I have a funny feeling he'll be picked much higher than expected considering the kind of development curve his big brother had.
I'd like to get jordan. I wonder if his size has anything to do with him going in the second round.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria

Cannot let the leafs get him. Just no.

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
Teams that would be interested in Boyle would want him for a 1-2 year cup run basis while waitng for a top D prospect to develop and take his spot. If habs are not intersted, no worries, we have other things sharks could offer.

What are your needs? You seem to have one too many Top 9 centers. what do you hope to get for one of them, picks?

I'm sure alot on this board would trade you David Deharnais -C -

Your team is ranked 24th out of 30 for prospect talent so you don't seem to have alot coming up.Guess the reason why DW has signed a few college FA.

If it was me I would trade DD to ya for a couple 2nds in this draft :nod:

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
The Q playoffs are definitely putting me on the Sorensen bandwagon. I know to be wary of small sample sizes, but 7 goals in 7 games has got to add to his reputation.

He's still not in my top 40, but as a late second rounder?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
The Q playoffs are definitely putting me on the Sorensen bandwagon. I know to be wary of small sample sizes, but 7 goals in 7 games has got to add to his reputation.

He's still not in my top 40, but as a late second rounder?

Has sorensen really fallen that much? Wow.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Hey Nitehowl and Nolan11, '2013 Entry draft thread' here, not 'Trade proposals' ;)

As for Sorensen, guy seems skilled, no question, but also seems injury prone, unless they're fluke ones... if he falls to our last 2nd rounder, depending on what's left, why not, I know I'd prefer him to Duclair...

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
My point I guess is that other people read these threads and get a false impression of a player. He is not a 4th line grinder...... if you had said you would like Habs to sign him as a possible offensive winger that can play the point on a PP then I wouldn't have put up an argument .

The point is these players can all have great upside or could bust.At the very least they make a great 3-4th line.Tyler Hill IMO should be a thought for the Habs with a late 1st it's a gamble worth taking,drafting Zykov right after then Morin,Diaby and finally Hayden would work out better.The last 3rd round pick Carrier,although some teams know what all the Hab fans do and he may go early 2nd.It will all depend upon what type of player each team has in mind.The 3rd and 4th lines is where most rookies start learning and if they show abilities to move up they do with experience.:sarcasm:I think the Habs should be signing a power forward LW and Ty Hill could be just what the Dr. ordered or Will Carrier and he's not such a project as long as his injury doesn't effect him.Galchenyuk with either of them and Collberg could be devastation for the opposition.

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Small for the blueline.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Duclair with a heck of a game. Dea with a 3pt game too, but I hope we don't look at him too early if at all.

I think Dea should become a realistic option after the 2nd round. If you can get a guy with his finishing skills in the 3rd or 4th round you take a chance. He has the potential to be a Ryder like scorer in the NHL while being a better scorer.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Sörensen could be a good pick with our final 2nd rounder.

No

Has sorensen really fallen that much? Wow.

He is made of glass. He can't stand the game physicality vs juniors I can't imagine him being effective at further levels. His injuries aren't freak accidents too. They are major injuries being too fragile plus he misses frequently games due to nagging small injuries.

Hey Nitehowl and Nolan11, '2013 Entry draft thread' here, not 'Trade proposals' ;)

As for Sorensen, guy seems skilled, no question, but also seems injury prone, unless they're fluke ones... if he falls to our last 2nd rounder, depending on what's left, why not, I know I'd prefer him to Duclair...

Hell no, I'm a Chicoutimi fan, so not rempart biased at all, but I'd take Duclair 100X before Sorensen

Duclair with a heck of a game. Dea with a 3pt game too, but I hope we don't look at him too early if at all.

Dea shouldn't be drafted before the 5th or 6th. he has Simon gamache, corey locke etc.. written all over him.

I think Dea should become a realistic option after the 2nd round. If you can get a guy with his finishing skills in the 3rd or 4th round you take a chance. He has the potential to be a Ryder like scorer in the NHL while being a better scorer.

whoa we haven't seen the same player at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad