2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
No

He is made of glass. He can't stand the game physicality vs juniors I can't imagine him being effective at further levels. His injuries aren't freak accidents too. They are major injuries being too fragile plus he misses frequently games due to nagging small injuries.

Hell no, I'm a Chicoutimi fan, so not rempart biased at all, but I'd take Duclair 100X before Sorensen

Dea shouldn't be drafted before the 5th or 6th. he has Simon gamache, corey locke etc.. written all over him.

whoa we haven't seen the same player at all.

Dea is 6', a pretty good scorer and a pure scorer. Where do you get the Gamache and Locke comparisons? Those guys were 5'8" or 5'9" and neither was a good skater. If you compare to those two use Clapperton maybe.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Dea is 6', a pretty good scorer and a pure scorer. Where do you get the Gamache and Locke comparisons? Those guys were 5'8" or 5'9" and neither was a good skater. If you compare to those two use Clapperton maybe.

he has major flaws in his game that sould make him an excellent junior player that'll become a good minor league player at best.

that's where I took the comparison. could have use Maxime Boisclair or many others might have been more accurate.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No

He is made of glass. He can't stand the game physicality vs juniors I can't imagine him being effective at further levels. His injuries aren't freak accidents too. They are major injuries being too fragile plus he misses frequently games due to nagging small injuries.

Hell no, I'm a Chicoutimi fan, so not rempart biased at all, but I'd take Duclair 100X before Sorensen

Dea shouldn't be drafted before the 5th or 6th. he has Simon gamache, corey locke etc.. written all over him.

whoa we haven't seen the same player at all.

Tell me more... Did you just watch his stat page ? How many games have you watched?
So I guess that a dirty knee-on-knee is being too fragile ?:laugh:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
he has major flaws in his game that sould make him an excellent junior player that'll become a good minor league player at best.

that's where I took the comparison. could have use Maxime Boisclair or many others might have been more accurate.

What flaws are you talking about? Every draft prospect has flaws, few of them can finish like Dea, I'm not suggesting we trade up into the top 10 to draft him. Just a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Boisclair was slow as molasses...think Dagenais.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Tell me more... Did you just watch his stat page ? How many games have you watched?
So I guess that a dirty knee-on-knee is being too fragile ?:laugh:

recurring shoulders injuries?

watched him every times they came here where he wasn't injured in the last 2 years, which indeed means few games he's always injured.

He scored 3 GWG against us in the playoffs yet was't as visible on the ice as Erne or Duclair were. Yet it is me that don't watch the games.

he played 54 games out of 136 since coming to America.

7 playoffs games out of 21.

and they say Hudon is too injury prone :shakehead:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
recurring shoulders injuries?

watched him every times they came here where he wasn't injured in the last 2 years, which indeed means few games he's always injured.

He scored 3 GWG against us in the playoffs yet was't as visible on the ice as Erne or Duclair were. Yet it is me that don't watch the games.

he played 54 games out of 136 since coming to America.

7 playoffs games out of 21.

and they say Hudon is too injury prone :shakehead:
He missed 60 out of those ones with a freak accident, well actually a dirty hit.
That makes it 114/136

Then what about the games he sat out for Kucherov ? Yeah, injury prone.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
What flaws are you talking about? Every draft prospect has flaws, few of them can finish like Dea, I'm not suggesting we trade up into the top 10 to draft him. Just a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Boisclair was slow as molasses...think Dagenais.

If players that are the calibre of Will Carrier/Phillippe desrosiers are availables in the 3rd-4th round as most mocks and report shows I can't believe that Dea could be close to BPA.

like I said, he's worth a flyer in the 6th or 7th. he looks like he weights 150 lbs without a blazing speed.

great shot though.

When I've seen him Andrighetto wasn't there and he was pretty invisible, maybe that's why I'm not sold on him

Last edited:

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
He missed 60 out of those ones with a freak accident, well actually a dirty hit.
That makes it 114/136

Then what about the games he sat out for Kucherov ? Yeah, injury prone.

he sat like 3-4 games for Kucherov

anyway even Roy stated that he always has something.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If players that are the calibre of Will Carrier/Phillippe desrosiers are availables in the 3rd-4th round as most mocks and report shows I can't believe that Dea could be close to BPA.

like I said, he's worth a flyer in the 6th or 7th. he looks like he weights 150 lbs without a blazing speed.

great shot though.

When I've seen him Andrighetto wasn't there and he was pretty invisible, maybe that's why I'm not sold on him

I would also take Carrier ahead of him unless there are complications due to his injury. Desrosiers, I'd prefer a better prospect in nets in round 2.

He had a growth spurt last year, he was 5'9" when he was drafted and grew to 6' now at 160lbs he has to fill out to 190-195lbs in the next 2-3 years. Won't be a "small" guy as a pro.

Like Ryder he is a guy that you don't notice at all until he has 2 goals...that's his calling card. He may end up as good or better as a pro than Mantha in 5-6 years.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Clearly the Habs have need of a LW like Drouin but will have to settle for Carrier.I approve that move,it would be nice to also get Lazar or Dauphin a couple extra centers in the system could hardly be a problem.Hayden is one I think will be a pleasant surprise given 3-4 yrs. at Western Michigan along with Ty Hill LW as a long project with great promise.The Habs have the picks this year to really choose some beauties,given the team choosing must have over a century between them evaluating prospects,fans shouldn't be worried about them choosing wisely.:nod::nod:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Here's some names to watch: Should be some overlap between rounds with the extent of our picks.

1st round: Robert Hagg, Hartman (I question his offensive upside), Jacob De La Rose, Andre Burakowsky, Lazar (doubt he falls), Zykov, Kerby Rychel, Miro Mueller,
2nd round: Justin Bailey, Zach Fucale, Samuel Morin, William Carrier, Jimmy Lodge, Eric Comrie, Jordan Subban, Michael McCarron, John Hayden, Emile Poirier,
3rd round: Nick Sorenson, Marko Dano, Jason Dickinson, Connor Hurley, Linus Arnesson, Oliver Bjorkstrand, Adam Tambellini, Tommy Vannelli, Zach Nastasiuk, Hudson Fasching, Nicholas Baptiste, Victor Cruz-Rydberg, Matt Murphy
4th round and lower: Lucas Wallmark, Ryan Fitzgerald, Pavel Buchnevich, John Diaby, Yan LaPlante, MacKenzie Weegar, Nick Moutrey, Marcus Hogberg, Greg Chase, Myles Bell, Tyler Hill, Jackson Houck, Roberts Lipsberg, Emil Djuse, Cole Cassells, Carl Dahlstrom, Patrik Bartosak, Matt Buckles, Zach Glienke, Brendan Burke, Jeff Corbett.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Don't we have enough small forwards,already ?

That reminds me of what was said the year we drafted a certain David Fischer before a certain superstar centerman...

You cannot overlook the production he had in the less offensive/more physical junior league in the country. You just can't.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Here's some names to watch: Should be some overlap between rounds with the extent of our picks.

1st round: Robert Hagg, Hartman (I question his offensive upside), Jacob De La Rose, Andre Burakowsky, Lazar (doubt he falls), Zykov, Kerby Rychel, Miro Mueller,
2nd round: Justin Bailey, Zach Fucale, Samuel Morin, William Carrier, Jimmy Lodge, Eric Comrie, Jordan Subban, Michael McCarron, John Hayden, Emile Poirier,
3rd round: Nick Sorenson, Marko Dano, Jason Dickinson, Connor Hurley, Linus Arnesson, Oliver Bjorkstrand, Adam Tambellini, Tommy Vannelli, Zach Nastasiuk, Hudson Fasching, Nicholas Baptiste, Victor Cruz-Rydberg, Matt Murphy
4th round and lower: Lucas Wallmark, Ryan Fitzgerald, Pavel Buchnevich, John Diaby, Yan LaPlante, MacKenzie Weegar, Nick Moutrey, Marcus Hogberg, Greg Chase, Myles Bell, Tyler Hill, Jackson Houck, Roberts Lipsberg, Emil Djuse, Cole Cassells, Carl Dahlstrom, Patrik Bartosak, Matt Buckles, Zach Glienke, Brendan Burke, Jeff Corbett.

1st De La Rose
2nds Subban, Carrier, Poirier
3rd Sorensen
4th and Lower Diaby

I've now watched every one of these guys play this year.

De La Rose is smart with the puck and knows how to play a strong game. Gritty enough to have a place on the fourth line but enough upside to make top 6.

Subban excels offensively, skates as well as his brother, pretty good positioning. 66% counts somewhere. Would love to try him on a wing if nothing else. Has high-end skills and athleticism to go with his stature.

Carrier is another big guy who can move the puck and finish. Hard season with injuries but there's a reason he was a 1st round guy at the start of the year. Could be a gem.

Everyone's heard enough of Poirier.

Lots of talk about Diaby as well.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

I'd like you to give me your evaluation of those three players, and how they are different than the other 2:

Hartman
Rychel
Lazar

Thanks a lot!

Habtchum*

That reminds me of what was said the year we drafted a certain David Fischer before a certain superstar centerman...

You cannot overlook the production he had in the less offensive/more physical junior league in the country. You just can't.

When Fischer was drafted, Habs did not have Gionta, Cammy, DD, Gallagher, Timmins. Has always loved big Americand-men.

Giroux was and is bigger and more physical than Petan.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
When Fischer was drafted, Habs did not have Gionta, Cammy, DD, Gallagher, Timmins. Has always loved big Americand-men.

Giroux was and is bigger and more physical than Petan.

Uhm... We still have Cammy? I wasn't aware.
And while we didn't have Gionta, DD and Gallagher, we had Koivu and Ribeiro in the system...

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
I'm sure alot on this board would trade you David Deharnais -C -

Your team is ranked 24th out of 30 for prospect talent so you don't seem to have alot coming up.Guess the reason why DW has signed a few college FA.

If it was me I would trade DD to ya for a couple 2nds in this draft :nod:

I am sure Sharks would be interested in DD if he becomes available. Two seconds is not unreasonable, but may be less appealing to sharks than giving you some D prospects (we really need high picks to fix system). Would you consider:

2nd + 4th + Petrecki for DD + 7th ???????

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'd like you to give me your evaluation of those three players, and how they are different than the other 2:

Hartman
Rychel
Lazar

Thanks a lot!

I know "That" can give you more information on Hartman than I can. I saw a gritty player, though a bit undersized, with good wheels, some decent hands, but I don't think he has the vision or the finish to be a go-to guy offensively. Might round out as a 3rd line player with some decent point totals and can drop the gloves with certain players but not a heavyweight.

Rychel is different from Hartman in that I think he has the tools to be a goal scorer at the NHL level. His vision and hands might not scream a premiere offensive threat but he has the goal scoring ability to put the puck in the net but he'll never be as reliable in the other facets of the game as Hartman. I believe he's a better fighter than Hartman and with a better frame he could engage physically and be more successful in those rough aspects of the game than Hartman.

Lazar is probably the balance of the two. He's rugged, he's a leader, can play all 3 zones, not afraid to drop the mitts or get physical. If you look back at the tournament (I forget the name) that he played out West and Nathan MacKinnon played for team Atlantic, you can see his goal scoring instincts and what kind of a wrist shot he has. Can't take his offensive numbers at face value since he's one of the few 1st round prospects that don't anchor the top line of their team.

I'd rank them Lazar, Rychel then Hartman. Based on what I believe the Habs would need going forward.

Any one with different views on these guys can feel free to challenge or reinstate what my take is on these guys. By no means would I say I'm an expert on any of them.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Hartman
Rychel
Lazar

Thanks a lot!

I'm not WTK but hey...Nothing to do...

Hartman is a feisty forward, he's just under 6' but plays a really strong game. I think he will make the NHL one day... But will it be as a top 6er ? For sure, he'll be able to bury some but I doubt he'll ever score more than 15ish in the NHL... Keep in mind he was (I think) 2 or 3 days too young to be drafted in last years draft:laugh: I'd take him in the 2nd round

Rychel... He's 6'1 200 at 18, pure goal scorer, dynamic skater, good defensively and his physical. He played along with Khoko which might have inflated his stats a bit but I won't discredit anything he's done.
Would prefer early 2nd round but I wouldnt mind late 1st.

Lazar... He doesn't belong in the same discussion as the other two here... He's closer to guys like Monahan than he his to them. He's fast, strong, physical, he fights(He's one of the best fighter this year, IMO.), he has similar scoring touch Rychel has but he has a high hockey IQ(Which is his main assets.)

Lazar has a really rare skill set combining physicality and smarts. He could go anywhere really... I predict he goes 9-15.

All three players are very versatile, they can play all three positions, they're all physical and have love driving the net, similar players indeed, different skill level.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I know "That" can give you more information on Hartman than I can. I saw a gritty player, though a bit undersized, with good wheels, some decent hands, but I don't think he has the vision or the finish to be a go-to guy offensively. Might round out as a 3rd line player with some decent point totals and can drop the gloves with certain players but not a heavyweight.

Rychel is different from Hartman in that I think he has the tools to be a goal scorer at the NHL level. His vision and hands might not scream a premiere offensive threat but he has the goal scoring ability to put the puck in the net but he'll never be as reliable in the other facets of the game as Hartman. I believe he's a better fighter than Hartman and with a better frame he could engage physically and be more successful in those rough aspects of the game than Hartman.

Lazar is probably the balance of the two. He's rugged, he's a leader, can play all 3 zones, not afraid to drop the mitts or get physical. If you look back at the tournament (I forget the name) that he played out West and Nathan MacKinnon played for team Atlantic, you can see his goal scoring instincts and what kind of a wrist shot he has. Can't take his offensive numbers at face value since he's one of the few 1st round prospects that don't anchor the top line of their team.

I'd rank them Lazar, Rychel then Hartman. Based on what I believe the Habs would need going forward.

Any one with different views on these guys can feel free to challenge or reinstate what my take is on these guys. By no means would I say I'm an expert on any of them.

Thanks for the info/intel.

They, at some point, all looked likely to be available where we look like we're going to pick, but lately Lazar looks like he might not be there when we speak. The most realistic option might be Rychel if we're looking for that kind of player in the 1st round.

But knowing Bergevin's and Timmins' motto, in the first round, you go for the right mix of talent and attitude. I wonder where that'll take us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->