2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
If the Habs draft Zykov with their 1st or first 2nd,I'd like to see them use their 3rd round picks for C - John Hayden and LW -Myles Bell.Giving the Habs a really big strong and talented 4th line for the future,say 3-4 yrs.Each player Zykov 6'0" -215lbs. right shot / Bell 6'0" -210lbs. right shot / Hayden 6'3" - 210lbs. right shot.They all have leadership qualities and are physical players with huge upsides.:nod: With the remaining three 2nds I would draft,Morin,Diaby and Carrier getting my Francophone picks as well,Dauphin,Poirier and Dunn could fill in for any player already picked.

Dont think you have seen him much,Bell that is, cause he is more a perimeter player with a big shot.Used to play D last year but they moved him to RW this year as they have so many good Dmen. He plays the point on PP tho because of his shot.

I see him more as a late round pick...6t or 7th round AHL type player.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Yup I remember it was the Canucks that wanted him and Nonis was pissed when we took him

Tinordi is the type of player that coaches and GM's love a lot more than the fans will rave about. He will bring shutdown ability and a physical game but somebody will always say on message boards we could have had player X who scored 25 goals or whatever...Tinordi should be a very key piece of the puzzle in 2-3 years.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Dont think you have seen him much,Bell that is, cause he is more a perimeter player with a big shot.Used to play D last year but they moved him to RW this year as they have so many good Dmen. He plays the point on PP tho because of his shot.

If you don't like Bell as a 4th liner,I don't know what to say other than take LW Tyler Hill with a 6th or 7th and give him 4-5 yrs.I've seen enough of Bell to form my opinion.:nod::nod:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If you don't like Bell as a 4th liner,I don't know what to say other than take LW Tyler Hill with a 6th or 7th and give him 4-5 yrs.I've seen enough of Bell to form my opinion.:nod::nod:

I don't think a team should pick a 20 year old that early. I know the reason he was passed over twice, but still, there are younger players with higher projections at that position.

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada

I think JC Lipon would fill that role of 4th line winger with some grit much better than Bell would. Lipon has sandpaper to his game and does OK in fights plus is a better skater and IMO more dedicated to becoming an NHL'er than Bell.

I would love to take Hill in the 6th/7th round but he will be gone in the top 4 rounds.

Mercury10

Feb 9, 2012
Vernon, BC
Can someone please tell me more about Stefan Fournier and why the Habs should not sign him to a FA contract? He seems like he has what the Habs need but I only have seen his stats and his fights on hockeyfights. It looks like he tried out with Pittsburgh at one point but that didn't pan out.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Those wanting Ryan Hartman may soon find us in a trade-up position if we want to snag him. I'm starting to hear he's likely to go between 12 and 17. We'll see, but his stock is rising as we speak.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Yup I remember it was the Canucks that wanted him and Nonis was pissed when we took him
It was Gillis he's in his 5th season as Pres. & GM of the Canuckleheads.

I see him more as a free agent signing in August,much the same as JC Lipon while 30 lbs. less and having Kale Kessy as a bodyguard signing as a 20yr. old in July.
I don't think a team should pick a 20 year old that early. I know the reason he was passed over twice, but still, there are younger players with higher projections at that position.
Free agent signing would be optimum in his case.
I think JC Lipon would fill that role of 4th line winger with some grit much better than Bell would. Lipon has sandpaper to his game and does OK in fights plus is a better skater and IMO more dedicated to becoming an NHL'er than Bell.

I would love to take Hill in the 6th/7th round but he will be gone in the top 4 rounds.
Answered above,when playing on the 4th line at 181 lbs.he'd be eaten up,especially without Kessy as his LW.:laugh:

MaxLacoste

Jun 26, 2012
Montreal
What do you think of taking a chance on Michael McCarron with on of our 3rd round pick. He is a 6ft5, 220lbs defensive right wing with long term upside. He could be a excellent 3rd/4th line grinder. He is from the USA NDP and we all know the love Timmins have for this program.

MaxLacoste

Jun 26, 2012
Montreal
Yep, Tinordi sure is a nice prospect to have.
Speaking of moving up in the draft... who's worth it this year around 10-20?

For me it's Zykov, Erne, Domi, Zadorov, Wennberg. I'll be willing to sacrifice for any of those player (maybe like our first, one 2nd round, a prospect).

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
You won't get an answer to that question until we know who's drafted in those first 9-19 picks.

I can't tell if that's really deep or if you don't understand.... I'll go with deep and insightful. (I just meant based on rankings right now)

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
It was Gillis he's in his 5th season as Pres. & GM of the Canuckleheads.

I see him more as a free agent signing in August,much the same as JC Lipon while 30 lbs. less and having Kale Kessy as a bodyguard signing as a 20yr. old in July.

Free agent signing would be optimum in his case.

Answered above,when playing on the 4th line at 181 lbs.he'd be eaten up,especially without Kessy as his LW.:laugh:

Really LOL :shakehead Kessy has only been here since the trade deadline and hasn't done alot of protecting anyone.

Lipon has played with Bozon and Smith most of the season. Lipon plays a far more physical style than Bell ever will. Just cause someone is 210lbs is no reason to suggest he is perfect for the 4th line! Bell to make the pro's probably needs to play in the top 6 type winger/dman . Bell had 68 PIM in 69 games while Lipon had 115 PIM in 61 games

On the Kelowna roster I would rather take Goulbourne or Olsen as a potential 4th line player in the bigs than Bell

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Curious what you feel your biggest needs are next season? (I am a Sharks fan, I see us as good potential trading partners. You have a slew of picks and Top 9 forwards on your roster and coming up in your system, that would fit the sharks need. Sharks have a slew of young D and Dan Boyle. No sure if you need D or a PP QB for 1-2 years, thus my question.) Would you be interested in trading some of your depth for some of ours?

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Curious what you feel your biggest needs are next season? (I am a Sharks fan, I see us as good potential trading partners. You have a slew of picks and Top 9 forwards on your roster and coming up in your system, that would fit the sharks need. Sharks have a slew of young D and Dan Boyle. No sure if you need D or a PP QB for 1-2 years, thus my question.) Would you be interested in trading some of your depth for some of ours?

Do you by chance have any large defensive defenceman that can potentially hit a few bodies and/or faces?

KadoCH

Apr 18, 2004
I missed last nights game but even in 2 losing shutout efforts he really stands out for Gatineau as a 17 year old playing with an edge and was a decent PKer.

First two times I've seen him all year but the hype seems justified.

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada

If you are asking if Habs want Boyle...it would be a huge NO. Yes he is good but his age and $$$ don't fit Bergevin's long term outlook for the team.

As far as trading partners they have traded before and Habs would be looking at the SJ 1st or one of their 2nds I would think.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

I don't see a fit if that is what you are offering. Habs have enough PMDs and young D's coming up too.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
What do you think of taking a chance on Michael McCarron with on of our 3rd round pick. He is a 6ft5, 220lbs defensive right wing with long term upside. He could be a excellent 3rd/4th line grinder. He is from the USA NDP and we all know the love Timmins have for this program.

He's in the same vein as RW/ Samuel Henley of Val d'Or same Hgt. and Wgt. with Henley getting the nod from this corner.Both are worthy players with grooming.:nod:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Really LOL :shakehead Kessy has only been here since the trade deadline and hasn't done alot of protecting anyone.

Lipon has played with Bozon and Smith most of the season. Lipon plays a far more physical style than Bell ever will. Just cause someone is 210lbs is no reason to suggest he is perfect for the 4th line! Bell to make the pro's probably needs to play in the top 6 type winger/dman . Bell had 68 PIM in 69 games while Lipon had 115 PIM in 61 games

On the Kelowna roster I would rather take Goulbourne or Olsen as a potential 4th line player in the bigs than Bell

Then Tyler Hill would have to be my choice as a late 3rd round LW,with huge upside.All of the stats go the same way pims big deal but 30 lbs of muscle isn't.Timmins,Dudley and Bergevin will be doing the choices for the Habs,regardless how either of us choose so moot points as far as that goes.I also read and know all of these details,so what's your point?:yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->