2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prospector

Aug 28, 2004
Hey guys had some time on my hands so I decided to name the trades in the past involving picks in the first rounder(picks to trade up in the first round)

I, like everyone, for the habs to trade up in the top 5...not sure if its possible or even worth it but here's the trade not involving players in the last 7ish years! help me out if i missed some

2010:
-Florida trades #15 to LA for #19 and #59

-PHX trades #22 and #113 to MTL for #27 and #57

-CHI trades #30 trades to NYI for #35 and #58

2011:
-ANA trade #25 to TOR for #30 and #39

-DET trades #24 to OTT for #35 and #48

2012:
-Buffalo receives Calgary's 2012 1st round pick (#14) for a 2012 1st round pick (#21) and a 2nd round pick (# 42)

This is pretty much a guide for what the prices are to trade up at the trade(or to trade down). Just as a reference!

We got much better value than Toronto in a similar trade

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Justin Bailey RW 6'03 194lb - Big winger with offensive ability, weak skater. Versatile.

Just a note on your assessment here, I wouldn't say Bailey is a "weak skater." He's a bit of an awkward skater, but there's a big difference. He gets around the ice quite well and is one of the quickest, most sneaky back-checkers in the league. He atones for any give-aways instantly. Big hustler who can move.

The knock on him is he has to build upper body strength and a bit of a mean streak. He is too easy to knock off the puck and he also has some tunnel vision around the net. He has a good, hard shot, but his vision needs to improve.

I like what he brings though. He's a bit raw, but with coaching and muscle, he could be a real asset. Comparisons are tough, but in the pro game he plays like a bit harder skating version of Ryder.

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
Just a note on your assessment here, I wouldn't say Bailey is a "weak skater." He's a bit of an awkward skater, but there's a big difference. He gets around the ice quite well and is one of the quickest, most sneaky back-checkers in the league. He atones for any give-aways instantly. Big hustler who can move.

The knock on him is he has to build upper body strength and a bit of a mean streak. He is too easy to knock off the puck and he also has some tunnel vision around the net. He has a good, hard shot, but his vision needs to improve.

I like what he brings though. He's a bit raw, but with coaching and muscle, he could be a real asset. Comparisons are tough, but in the pro game he plays like a bit harder skating version of Ryder.

Poirier is like that too, skates really fast but really awkward strides. Anyways perfect draft for me would be:
1.Lazar/Zykov/Hartman depending where we are
2.Morin
2.Comrie
2.Poirier

brunosevigny

Jan 13, 2012
Hi guys, little info about yesterday's game between R-N Huskies and Quebec Ramparts. R-N won 5-2 on home ice. Sven Andrigetto was definitely the best player on the ice. His skating is so fluid, he's got a rocket of a shot (beautiful one timer slapshot for a pp goal) and a good hockey IQ. I have seen him multiples times and this guy really impress me. He will definitely get drafted this year.

Others prospects had a decent game. Erne was really strong on the puck and had a few rushes to the net who didn't convert. Duclair showed his high skillset and was one of the best Ramparts forward. He created a lot of offensive chances and missed an open net in the third. Sorensen had a good 1st period creating chances using his size but he was invisible for the rest of the game. It is really bad to have such a great frame and not using it.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Hi guys, little info about yesterday's game between R-N Huskies and Quebec Ramparts. R-N won 5-2 on home ice. Sven Andrigetto was definitely the best player on the ice. His skating is so fluid, he's got a rocket of a shot (beautiful one timer slapshot for a pp goal) and a good hockey IQ. I have seen him multiples times and this guy really impress me. He will definitely get drafted this year.

Others prospects had a decent game. Erne was really strong on the puck and had a few rushes to the net who didn't convert. Duclair showed his high skillset and was one of the best Ramparts forward. He created a lot of offensive chances and missed an open net in the third. Sorensen had a good 1st period creating chances using his size but he was invisible for the rest of the game. It is really bad to have such a great frame and not using it.

Grigorenko's been pretty invisible this series. No points and -3 in 3 games so far.

brunosevigny

Jan 13, 2012
He created a lot of chances his linemates didn't convert but he was terrible in his own zone yesterday.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

Thanks for the info, only got to see him play once this year and wasn't really focusing on him. Skating can always be improved as well, good comparison with Ryder.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Gillis had just made trades to set Vancouver up for drafting Tinordi,the TSN guys made a big deal about Gillis fuming when the Habs traded and drafted him.He was always the Habs pick and Gillis just showed his hand and the Habs moved up to draft Jarred.Sort of like Brian Burke and Brian Murray when Burke was miked up and asked Murray who he wanted he said Kadri and Burke said that's who we want.:nod:Just not on live tv,Burke getting even with someone when Brayden Schenn was taken,Murray happened to be right in the way.:laugh:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Yep, Tinordi sure is a nice prospect to have.
Speaking of moving up in the draft... who's worth it this year around 10-20?

Mercury10

Feb 9, 2012
Vernon, BC
Hey guys had some time on my hands so I decided to name the trades in the past involving picks in the first rounder(picks to trade up in the first round)

I, like everyone, for the habs to trade up in the top 5...not sure if its possible or even worth it but here's the trade not involving players in the last 7ish years! help me out if i missed some

2006:
-Montreal trades pick #16 to San Jose pick #20 and #53

-New Jersey trade pick#25 to the St. Louis Blues for pick#30 and #77

-Detroit Red Wings trade picks #29 and #152 to the Phoenix Coyotes for picks #41 and #47

-St. Louis Blues trade the #30 and #77 to the New Jersey Devils for the #25 pick

2007:
-Blues traded #9 to San Jose for #13, #44 and 3rd rounder in 2008

-Calgary traded #18 to Blues for #24 and #70

-Wild traded #16 to Ducks for #19 and #42

2008:
-thats a three-way trade but in a trade that sent Cammalleri to Calgary, Anaheim traded the #12 for #17 and #28

-Toronto receives the 5th pick from the NY Islanders for the 7th pick, #68 and a 2009 2nd round pick.

-Nashville receives the 7th pick from the NY Islanders for the 9th pick and 40th pick

-Buffalo receives the 12th pick from the LA Kings for the 13th pick and a 2009 3rd Round Pick

-Ottawa receives the 15th pick from Nashville for the 18th and a 2009 3rd Round Pick

-Washington receives the 21st pick from New Jersey for the 23rd and 54th pick

-Minnesota receives the 23rd pick from New Jersey for the 24th pick and a 2009 3rd Round Pick

- Phoenix receives the 28th from Anaheim for the 35th and 39th pick

2009:
-Columbus trades their #16 pick, #77 to NY Islanders for #26, #37, #62, and #92

-Minnesota trades #12 to the NY Islanders for #16, #77, and #182

-Calgary trades #20 to New Jersey for #23 and #84

-Anaheim trades #21 to Columbus for #26 and #37

-Detroit trades #29 to Tampa Bay for #32 and #75

2010:
-Florida trades #15 to LA for #19 and #59

-PHX trades #22 and #113 to MTL for #27 and #57

-CHI trades #30 trades to NYI for #35 and #58

2011:
-ANA trade #25 to TOR for #30 and #39

-DET trades #24 to OTT for #35 and #48

2012:
-Buffalo receives Calgary's 2012 1st round pick (#14) for a 2012 1st round pick (#21) and a 2nd round pick (# 42)

This is pretty much a guide for what the prices are to trade up at the trade(or to trade down). Just as a reference!

Most of these trades were done to move up about 5 spots. This depends a little on the depth of the draft and negotiating skills of GM. If Mtl loses in 1st round of playoffs they will draft around 22nd. I'd love to be in top 5 of the draft but don't see how it is possible to move up that much by just trading draft picks. IMO we should not move a roster player(and DP's) for a prospect so that leaves us moving a prospect or 2 and DP's to move up to gain another prospect. I think this strategy is iffy at best and quite a long shot.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
If the Habs draft Zykov with their 1st or first 2nd,I'd like to see them use their 3rd round picks for C - John Hayden and LW -Myles Bell.Giving the Habs a really big strong and talented 4th line for the future,say 3-4 yrs.Each player Zykov 6'0" -215lbs. right shot / Bell 6'0" -210lbs. right shot / Hayden 6'3" - 210lbs. right shot.They all have leadership qualities and are physical players with huge upsides.:nod: With the remaining three 2nds I would draft,Morin,Diaby and Carrier getting my Francophone picks as well,Dauphin,Poirier and Dunn could fill in for any player already picked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad